Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Same people who want neo-nazi PCs, they pushed that idea hard with Avengers in the core book too.

I don’t know, I tend to think of Avengers as the sort of folks whose first response to The Other is instant, unreasoning violence. It’s distasteful in the extreme to include them, but I can’t think of a better stereotype for that sort of folk than a neo-Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Night10194 posted:

No-one wants Nazi PCs. "Fitting" or not.

I agree, but how else would you shorthand that type of folks in five words or less, particularly without picking on a group somebody might actually support?

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

How about for the “Undesirable group” in the flaw? In all seriousness, who else who you sub in for a social group universally felt to be assholes? And if you subbed them in, would you be comfortable with them in the game?

I suppose this means the flaw in general is trash, but I kinda like the notion of illegal groups deciding that a dead vampire is as good as a dead (group) and doing some good for a change.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

FMguru posted:

As a kid, I had a 1970s SF artbook called SPACEWRECK: GHOSTSHIPS AND DERELICTS OF SPACE that was full of pictures like this:

It sounds like MOTHERSHIP is pretty much That Book: The RPG.

There were a couple of books in that series, and there actually is an RPG based on the fluff from them. The Terran Trade Authority RPG. Haven’t read it, but did pick up a hard copy because I loved those books so much as a kid.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

I believe the museum of Science and Industry has a real U boat, not a replica.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Africa has a lot of generally miserable tropical diseases. Sleeping sickness, river blindness, schistosomiasis, etc and so forth. Best way to think of it, albeit very crudely, is that humans are native to Africa, so the local microbes and fauna evolved with us and to deal with us. Everywhere else, we’re an invasive species that runs rampant all over the place.

Tropical areas in general are pretty nasty places to be a human without first world sanitation and medical care, but Africa has done more than it’s share of human suffering throughout history.

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

I heard somewhere that Eberron was initially a reader entry in a WoTC contest to create a new setting. One of the stipulations in the contest was that it had to have room for everything else in the line. So as much as it was New and Different, it had to make room for everything else WoTC wrote by developer fiat.

Don’t know where I heard that, though, so it may be total horseshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

I believe it was established at some point that Wedge was also from the Planet of Dashing Rogues.