Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
They could also be using the word mycelium to represent an adaptable mass of synthetic fibers. You know, magic nanomachines. Jain tech in the Polity books creates a nano-mycelium and it is wholly not a fungus. It just creates synthetic strands that infiltrate and link everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I'll talk about it when the review gets up to it, but there are some changes about the Underworld that make me scratch my head. I don't want to spoil anything. I do really like Geist, though, and think it's a good game all-round.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
Jumping in late to the Demon chat.

If I remember right, there is an Exploit or Embed (Demon magic powers) that lets you replicate supernatural effects. Not sure what book it is in.

Someone pointed out that the God-Machine isn't usually able to catch Covers. But it doesn't need to as when you staple an aspect of someone else's life onto your Cover, only the people directly touched by it will have their memories modified to accept it. This means friends just far enough removed to remember someone was dating a different person begin to question why they're dating the Demon now. And this attention will actually start pulling in God-Machine attention. The more people who are out of the loop on a graft, the faster it's going to erode.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
So a thing to remember is that the nWoD/ChronD lines never really abandoned the annihilation/change/stasis aspect found in oWoD. It's precedence various from game line to game. For werewolves, Maeljin/things crawling out of Wounds are linked to the Abyss (or at least most of the details point towards it). The Bale Hounds are similarly linked to the Abyss.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Mutant Chronicles and all it's over the top goofiness. It's what you get if a Heavy Metal comic and World War 1/Interwar Earth got caught in a teleporter accident. Having worked my way through most of the supplements for the recent edition, they do a good job of giving you hooks to play as characters from the various factions and also want to punch them in the face for being lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
It's coming from a tabletop wargame. The three sub-factions thing is probably to allow variance in the main theme for the armies.