Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
The whole faction feels like the writer really liked Rise of Legends and wanted to smash two of the factions together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankfish
May 31, 2013
When I ran the thousands thrones I ended up making the chicken the mayor. The backstory being the original lord used a little used law to avoid taxes put Nugget the 1st in charge. Over a few generations the chicken mayor is now the villages pride and joy. Which in my group made more sense on why everyone was desperate to find this random bird.

tankfish
May 31, 2013

Night10194 posted:

To the person who said they ran this, how far did you get? Did you actually get all the way to the end? I kind of imagine most attempts to run Thousand Thrones don't make it all the way to the hellwomb before people get bored, annoyed, or just change the story enough that they're doing their own thing at that point.

Basically I ended up having to rewrite the early stuff which made it a completely different campaign. My group never finished the story because of life reasons. I had the blood dragon makes Lucas duel my partys fighter character in "honorable" combat for the fate of the village. Lucas loses and the vamp keeps his word and leaves. The village has a festival crowning Nugget the 8th. I gave my players half of the bounty and whatever equipment Lucas had.

tankfish fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Apr 14, 2020

tankfish
May 31, 2013
It really shows that the author had no abilty to think on his feet. Oh no my players wanna do something fun better make sure they are shackled to these train tracks.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Finally time for ogors. I have one player ready to make a ogor named fiery guy who's one goal is to kill and eat the mayor of flavor Town.