Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

What was the -phobia in Persona?

Persona is homophobic just, all over the place, constantly, and often kind of weird and sexist too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

PurpleXVI posted:

I would be eager to review this, and not only because it would probably mean some people would burn me in effigy on their lawn, but because Nobilis has some good ideas that seem to get buried under the setting being a bit too... kitchen sinky.

As someone who loves these games... You're fine? Like, I'm not gonna pretend these games don't have some serious jank and flaws

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

PurpleXVI posted:

I haven't read Lancer, so I wouldn't know what is or is not Lancer.

Even in a lot of the shows that are ostensibly "real robot," scrape away the paint a bit and you still get protagonists that succeed because of their BURNING SPIRIT rather than because of any application of tactics or technical know-how. In fact I have a real hard time thinking of any robot shows that don't do that.

Votoms. It's incredible and maybe the pinnacle of mech tv? Not that i don't like ye gundams and such but votoms is incredible.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Epicurius posted:

There was this art piece in the late '80s where an artist put a crucifix in a jar of his own urine and then took a picture of it, calling the piece "Piss Christ". He then was "shocked" when it caused controversy, saying that was never his intention and he couldn't see any reason anyone would be offended.

This module brings that to mind.

the difference between this and Piss Christ is that piss christ is a fascinating and valuable piece of art