Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Glass broke and the crowd went loving BANANA as Steve Austin came out and posed on all four turnbuckles, had a couple beers thrown to him and knocked them back, spilling beer all over his face and shirt much to the crowd's joy.
  • Austin did a wonderful promo about great moments he had in Madison Square Garden, including facing Bret The Hitman Hart, hitting Vince McMahon with a Stunner or getting his rear end beat by Undertaker and his oft-repeated (but always fun) story about Earl Hebner having to tell him when he was concussed that he was in the Garden ("I cleaned it up for television" Austin assured the crowd).
  • Austin introduced BRAUN! and they had a brief staredown before Austin introduced Seth Rollins. Austin immediately told them the people wanted to see them fight at Clash of Champions so he didn't want any bullshit he just wanted them to sign the contracts. Seth cut a brief promo playing with the crowd going,"WHAT?" and then signed the contract, and BRAUN! then admitted he grew up watching Steve Austin but knew he couldn't turn his back on a rattlesnake. He promised he liked being tag champs with Seth and wouldn't do anything to jeopardize their tag title match at the PPV, but he was looking forward to destroying him in the Universal Title match afterwards. He signed the contract, but before anything else could happen The OC came out.
  • AJ assured Austin that for once "he didn't want none" and had nothing against Stone Cold... before proceeding to mock him with an impersonation and then warning him to sit what was coming out or risk getting hurt. AJ began getting furious at the crowd for chanting for Austin and WHAT?ing him. Austin told him to put some bass in his voice and AJ replied with an amazingly timed,"....why don't you shut up, Steve?"
  • Austin pointed out the crowd was calling AJ an rear end in a top hat, AJ said Austin had become an rear end in a top hat in his old age, then asked the "old fart" if he could understand AJ's grievances. Austin quietly moved the table aside, said he didn't know where AJ was coming from but did know where he was going, then with a single gesture set Seth and BRAUN! on The OC. BRAUN! ran over Gallows and Anderson outside the ring and chased them up the ramp, but AJ was able to reverse the Curbstomp and fling Seth out of the ring. As he celebrated, the crowd erupted in cheers which he greatly appreciated until he turned around into a Stone Cold Stunner from Austin who proceeded to drink beer and talk poo poo to AJ's corpse.
  • It went a little long but I really enjoyed the segment, AJ and Austin worked great off each other and it ended with a Stunner. Good times :)
  • MSG was reported as sold-out. There were plenty of empty seats at the start of the show but they quickly filled.
  • IDONTPOST posted:

my friend went to this and got moved from nosebleeds to close to ring side, no way poo poo sold out lol.
  • Cedric Alexander rushed out after the break for his match with AJ Styles, looking to take advantage. Despite AJ eating a Stunner from Steve Austin, the match went something like 10 minutes and was competitive with AJ dominating during lengthy sections. When Cedric looked to have the match won at last, Gallows and Anderson rushed out and attacked him for the DQ, thus rendering the entire thing pointless. The Viking Raiders came out and attacked The OC, so it seems they're back to being faces and are also now in a feud with The OC.
  • Sasha Banks and Bayley did a backstage promo saying they were happy to be back together as a team and backing each other up. Becky and Charlotte were showing preparing backstage for their tag match but not interacting.
  • There will be a new Firefly Funhouse tonight, the crowd was thrilled.
  • A video package about WWE partnering up with cancer charities aired, and then Roman Reigns came out and talked about his own comeback from leukemia before bringing out some children cancer survivors. As Roman finished off his promo, one of the kids yawned :3:
  • Becky and Charlotte vs. Sasha and Bayley finally began after a long video recap. The match went a long time and the crowd was mostly dead for it apart from at particular points they'd suddenly break into,"This is awesome!" chants that almost immediately died. The match was very bland and was sloppy in parts, including by Charlotte who is usually a bit crisper than this. Charlotte and Becky won when Charlotte hit "Natural Selection" (:cripes:) on Bayley and got the pin.
  • DarkstarIV posted:

Jerusalem forgot to mention that Charlotte performed an absolutely terrible moonsault.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/gerrpy
  • AJ Styles and the OC were backstage where AJ was cutting a promo about how they ran Raw when Ziggler and Roode approached them. Initially they seemed to be mocking The OC but Ziggler quickly offered assistance from him and Roode which AJ seemed pleased to accept.
  • Rey Mysterio defeated Gran Metalik in a good match that never quite seemed to get out of second gear. Both guys looked impressive but it felt somewhat restrained considering what both are capable of.
  • Cedric Alexander was shown backstage chatting to Seth Rollins and BRAUN!
  • The Street Profits did their usual hype segment recapping the show.
  • Low Desert Punk posted:

why are street profits loving doing this

Edge & Christian posted:

Vince watched the original Dumbo sometime this summer
  • The Street Profits plugged the main event for Raw, which is a 10-man tag of Seth Rollins, BRAUN!, the Viking Raiders and Cedric Alexander against The OC, Ziggler and Roode. Also Angelo Dawkins is thirsty for Sasha Banks.
  • Baron Corbin defeated Ricochet and Samoa Joe in a Triple Threat King of the Ring tournament match. The match was good and had some cool spots, but perhaps the most noticable thing were the dueling chants... for and against Corbin only. Ricochet hit the 630 on Samoa Joe and went for the pin but got pulled out of the ring and tossed over the barricade by Corbin who then stole the pin.
  • Corbin will now face the winner of Elias and Chad Gable to decide who is the new King of the Ring. That's right, we could have had a Ricochet/Gable final.
  • Lacey Evans came out for a match and got jumped from behind by Nattie. They had a back and forth match that Nattie eventually won by submission with the Sharpshooter.
  • A recap aired from before the show started, where R-Truth lost the 24/7 Title to former New York Knicks player and current Boston Celtics center Enes Kanter, who promptly lost it back to R-Truth.
  • The Firefly Funhouse aired with Bray talking in a terrible Mexican accent about valuable lessons. The puppets all freaked out about stranger danger, saying that Stone Cold Steve Austin's arrival had them worried that he was gonna come after them. Abby the Witch said her clock was stuck at 3:16 and they all looked to Bray to deal with the problem, noting all the wrestlers he'd taken care of for them. Bray insisted that had been THE FIEND, and then pulled out a hammer and smashed the clock (which made a concerned organic sound) to "fix" it to read 11:19, before reminding everybody that a stranger is just a friend you haven't met, and you can't blame Steve Austin for the things he does, because he's an old rattlesnake and being dangerous is just what they do.
  • The main event of Seth, BRAUN!, Cedric and the Viking Raiders vs. The OC and Ziggler/Roode ended with Cedric Alexander getting the pinfall. The SECOND he got the win Austin's music hit and the crowd's cheer for the win became a roar from the crowd as Austin raced to the ring like Frank Reynolds trying to get to a can of catfood, presumably due to the lack of overrun. Austin called for beers and he, Seth, BRAUN!, Cedric and the Viking Raiders all soaked each other with beers as they drank and celebrated together.
  • An exciting ending to a progressively duller Raw, thank God for Steve Austin.

Smackdown Results:
  • Undertaker opened the show to a loud ovation and heavy chanting. He talks abut how he considers Madison Square Garden home but doesn't know how many times he will be able to return. He talked about all the opponents he'd faced and destroyed over the decades and how their memories would echo in the halls of MSG for eternity.
  • Sami Zayn came out and declared that while he respected The Undertaker, it was time for a new star and a passing of the torch, and he wanted Undertaker to leave secure in the knowledge that Sami Zayn would lead the WWE into the future. Undertaker appeared to capitulate and left the ring, but as Sami celebrated, Taker returned and chokeslammed the gently caress out of him.
  • Chad Gable met with Shane McMahon backstage to discuss Elias' ankle injury, asking if he was getting a bye into the final of the King of the Ring tournament. Shane said he was working on a replacement for Elias and warned they could come from Smackdown OR Raw.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura joined the commentary team for The Miz vs. Andrade. Shinsuke spoke only in Japanese but Cory Graves pretended to understand him. The Miz defeated Andrade in spite of a brief staredown/physical altercation with Nakamura. Postmatch, Nakamura attacked Miz and laid him out with the Kinshasa.
  • Shane McMahon approached Matt Hardy and Apollo Crews and said he was looking for Gable to inform him of who his opponent for tonight would be. It's Shane. There you go.
  • Nikki Cross defeated Mandy Rose, with Alexa and Sonya in their respective corners. Before the match, Mandy called Nikki ugly, and during the match Alexa interfered to assist Nikki, who won the match. I guess Alexa and Nikki are... faces?
  • Ember Moon approached Bayley backstage and said she was disappointed in Bayley's recent actions and blamed it on Sasha's bad influence.
  • Heavy Machinery obliterated jobbers Johnny Silver and Alex Keaton.
  • Kevin Owens met with Shane McMahon in his office to discuss the fine still hanging over his head, as apparently this lead weight of a storyline isn't dead and buried yet. Shane said he would make Owens the guest referee for Shane vs. Gable tonight, and implied he would forgive the fine if Owens cheated on his behalf.
  • Rowan came to the ring after a recap of the angle with Roman and declared himself a master manipulator. Roman came out and they got into a big brawl involving security, fans and even a jib camera crane at one point. The crowd chanted heavily for Roman after the brawl was over and he got back to his feet.
  • Bayley defeated Ember Moon clean with the Bayley-to-Belly Suplex. Charlotte was on commentary during the match and had a face off with Bayley post-match. Bayley backed down.
  • Kofi came out to loud cheers and talked about his big moment in MSG in 2009 that got derailed by Randy Orton, but how he'd now returned to MSG as a champion. Orton came out and said everybody was sick of hearing about Kofi's "two accomplishments", and they brawled until Kofi hit the Boom Drop on Orton from the railing through a table.
  • Chad Gable defeated Shane McMahon in the King of the Ring semi-final following an immediate German Suplex and a fast count by Owens. Shane immediately declared it was a two-out-of-three falls match and Owens... started making slow counts when Gable was making the pin, and tried to do a fast count when Shane had the pin. What?
  • Gable eventually submitted Shane with the Ankle Lock to advance to the final of the King of the Ring tournament at Clash of Champions. Owens got on the mic and pointed out that Shane had tapped and therefore his loss was totally on him, and the crowd chanted,"YOU TAPPED OUT!" at Shane.
  • Shane jumped Owens from behind, then got on the mic and declared he was fired.
  • Smackdown went off the air with a mild,"AEW!" chant happening in the background.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 12, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

So ... no Enzo?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Davros1 posted:

So ... no Enzo?

Basically he just needed one person to want to see him and he would have materialized in the ring.

He did not materialize in the ring.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
WWE letting me down big time by not having Austin getting choked out by the Fiend

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Jerusalem posted:

The Firefly Funhouse aired with Bray talking in a terrible Mexican accent about valuable lessons.

Somewhere just off camera

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Jerusalem forgot to mention that Charlotte performed an absolutely terrible moonsault.

But in other news, have Asuka getting her rear end kicked by a chair and then finally triumphing over it. Probably a better match than anything on RAW tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbBJQVsI-p8

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

There is no PPV on 11/19 so what did that mean?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

There is no PPV on 11/19 so what did that mean?

bible verse, taker's survivor series debut,, the day and year fiend had a match

IDONTPOST
Apr 18, 2018

my friend went to this and got moved from nosebleeds to close to ring side, no way poo poo sold out lol.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Wonderful show! :razzy:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Thank you for pointing this out. Egregious oversight by J-Ru. What a pathetic moonsault!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paul E. has done it again!

Watching the crowd die in real time was uncomfortable.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm a longtime Super Sentai fan so Gran Metalik's entrance gear was a highlight of my night. :swoon:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Good lord that is bleak.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DarkstarIV posted:

Reminded me of that old Crash Holly spot where he'd dive off the top rope with a Superfly Splash, land on his feet, then hit the opponent with a regular splash. It was hilarious.

Also, it was intentional, unlike whatever Charlotte was doing.

chinesemethdragon
Sep 6, 2009
I’ve been friends with jami from code orange for a bit, he’s maybe the biggest wrestling fan I know so it’s cool to see him and the band get shine from wwe

tonight was pretty boring though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Holy poo poo I actually missed this live, that's loving dogshit.

Erebus posted:

Somewhere just off camera

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
honestly the show was alright but also lol wwe, didnt even realize clash of Champions was this sunday

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

honestly the show was alright but also lol wwe, didnt even realize clash of Champions was this sunday

I thought it was bookended well though mostly due to Austin's presence lighting the crowd up after the main event. The matches in the middle I was most interested in (Becky/Charlotte vs. Sasha/Bayley, Rey vs. Gran Metalik, AJ vs Cedric etc) never really fired for me though, the best of them was Rey vs. Metalik and even that felt a little restrained. Maybe I was just expecting too much given it was at MSG and I was hopeful they were just going to go all out.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

DarkstarIV posted:

But in other news, have Asuka getting her rear end kicked by a chair and then finally triumphing over it. Probably a better match than anything on RAW tonight.

You know, it's a good thing she did that recently instead of before a couple Wrestlemania's ago, because that would have been the worst way for her undefeated streak to end.

She. Got. Bodied.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

DarkstarIV posted:

That's the dreaded moonsault boob punch, clearly.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

IDONTPOST posted:

"We are live at a SOLD OUT Madison Square Garden!"

"Can we see the crowd?"

"No."

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Jerusalem posted:

Holy poo poo I actually missed this live, that's loving dogshit.

So good

bartok
May 10, 2006

They really are going to go with King Corbin aren't they? I thought that seemed too on the nose even for WWE but here we are.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I am hopeful for King Gable, even if it is because Vince thinks it will be hilarious for a short person to wear a crown.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When are their diminishing returns for Austin coming back to appear at WWE events?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

out of interest i went back 5 years and checked what kind of posts and discussion WWE threads got in RR

yikes. and people were complaining about how bad WWE was even then. SA has probably shrunk tho in 5 years

Hefty Leftist fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 10, 2019

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah, I don't think WWE getting worse is the main reason there's less posts

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

When are their diminishing returns for Austin coming back to appear at WWE events?

Like 2015.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well that's not fair, people wanted to see the sexy leaked pictures of The Miz!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Vandar posted:

I'm a longtime Super Sentai fan so Gran Metalik's entrance gear was a highlight of my night. :swoon:

As ugly as both these are I have to give him mad props for the Gokaiger reference.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bailey lost her first match as a heel? Wow, great job all around

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I'm impressed by the laziness to not do anything different with their set tonight.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

bartok posted:

They really are going to go with King Corbin aren't they? I thought that seemed too on the nose even for WWE but here we are.

It's an odd thing.
One doesn't want Corbin to win ever.
But King of the Ring is a loving booby prize.
So one weighs their desire to see Corbin lose vs their desire to see Corbin get stuck with King of the Ring.
And really it's a trash gimmick for a trash character so he could actually make it work.
As much as anything works these days.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Dimebags Brain posted:

I'm impressed by the laziness to not do anything different with their set tonight.

The laziness with the set is something I hope but don't expect they fix with the Fox deal. Even something as simple as Smackdown having the ramp be to right on hard cam would be interesting.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I watched the start of RAW for Stone Cold and it was really tempting to turn it off when Seth and Braun were trying to out-embarrass each other in front of Austin like a bunch of dweebs.

though to be fair i'd probably embarrass myself in front of Stone Cold too

it just blows my mind that you open the show with Austin, the crowd is eating up everything he says, and he just sounds like a total bad rear end then you bring out the supposed face of the company in Seth Rollins and he sounds like the biggest loving dork going "this is what i'm talkin' about when i say BURN IT DOWN" and you can immediately hear the difference in the pops Austin got and the pops Seth got. just a big ol' UGH.

AJ taking the stunner was fun though.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
So they didn't book Cedric vs. AJ for Clash of Champions? They know the pay per view is on Sunday, right?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
are we absolutely certain that Jerusalem isn't just using a markov text generator to fabricate the RAW results every week

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Low Desert Punk posted:

are we absolutely certain that Jerusalem isn't just using a markov text generator to fabricate the RAW results every week

I legitimately would not notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Huntman posted:

it just blows my mind that you open the show with Austin, the crowd is eating up everything he says, and he just sounds like a total bad rear end then you bring out the supposed face of the company in Seth Rollins and he sounds like the biggest loving dork going "this is what i'm talkin' about when i say BURN IT DOWN" and you can immediately hear the difference in the pops Austin got and the pops Seth got. just a big ol' UGH.

It was due to a timing issue because of the overrun, but I have to say it really didn't help Cedric at all that the pop he got for getting the win in the main event was IMMEDIATELY dwarfed when Austin's music hit and the crowd just came alive again.