Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Low Desert Punk posted:

are we absolutely certain that Jerusalem isn't just using a markov text generator to fabricate the RAW results every week

An exciting ending to a progressively duller Raw, thank God for Steve Austin.

Winner was Steve Austin, who continued his streak as WWE Champion.

Austin goes as far as to say that he'll give himself a "wrist sprain" if he gets the title opportunity, because of course he'll take his lumps whenever he gets the opportunity.

Austin was up next and got a clean win over The Great Khali.

The Great Khali went over for a "Punji Hold" which Austin immediately countered with "Wrestlemania!" and started going for the pin.

However, he was soon interrupted from his victory by Kane and Triple H. Triple H cut his losses to Kane and Triple H, and left the ring before he could get a chance to do what he originally wanted to do to Austin.

The Undertaker and Stephanie McMahon were up next, and Austin won via count out.

Kevin Owens was next up, and he was up first off the ring steps.

Owens immediately went for the moonsault off of the top rope to grab Owens by the throat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

DeepDickPizza posted:

So they didn't book Cedric vs. AJ for Clash of Champions? They know the pay per view is on Sunday, right?

They'll announce it on Twitter on Thursday or something.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

It was due to a timing issue because of the overrun, but I have to say it really didn't help Cedric at all that the pop he got for getting the win in the main event was IMMEDIATELY dwarfed when Austin's music hit and the crowd just came alive again.

Ooh big yes. i mean i'm sure it's cool for him to win in MSG and have a beer bash with Austin, but letting Cedric have his moment to close RAW and then Austin coming out be a post-RAW Youtube exclusive would've been the way to go. but i guess with WWE's reliance on legends, they pretty much forced themselves to bookend Austin because they must not have any faith in their current guys to close RAW with a pop.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shane McMahon is the Best in the World and can't be bought.

But maybe, just maybe, he has the most important job in the world to do.

He is the biggest wrestling fan in the world. He is the man who can go home at night, sit down with a couple friends and pick out which match every night is going to involve.

He is the man who is so good at it that the rest of the world can't figure it out.

He is the man who goes to bed at night with a different match for every night, even if he is still working as a ring girl, a heel or an underdog.

He is the man who has watched every Super Bowl, the Super Bowl Championship, every Olympics and said, "It's never over until it's over."

And maybe for the first time in his life, his best friend would have something to say about it, too.

"I'm tired," the blonde explained. "I'm tired of the Super Bowl."

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hahaha :D

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I told you guys that Corbin beating Cedric was good for Cedric, the finish to that giant tag match was so good. Corbin has been surprisingly good the past few matches and if he can maintain this recent level of quality and not be overbooked with some stupid rear end heel gimmick again (such as some kind of royalty related gimmick) then he could really get some momentum going.

Dueling Baron Corbin chants was a loving bizarre thing to hear.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Give Baron Corbin a Librarian gimmick and he’ll be the most over guy in the company in 6 months

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

jesus WEP posted:

Give Baron Corbin a Librarian gimmick and he’ll be the most over guy in the company in 6 months

It's a proven formula.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
omg are crowds finally catching on to how much corbin owns???

corbin/gable had a real fun match in nxt once, i think it was the first time he busted out the chaos theory

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

semi final of the first dusty classic, they were only in the ring together a couple of minutes but it’s probably the hottest two minutes of Corbin’s in-ring career

I mean a normal puny-brained moron would conclude that maybe Gable is the one you want to push, but

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God, American Alpha was such a great team. They had one of the best..... THE HOT TAG!'s in years.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s kind of important to remember that Jason Jordan spent years in developmental being an athletic handsome dude who was a total charisma void. And Gable got him way the gently caress over. Gable’s amazing. He might even get a hilarious orange fake tan over.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Errr I thought they were building to Joe vs Gable finals since he's been interacting with Gable. Guess not *shrugs*

Still no US title match eh? Writers gonna panic and realize this before tomorrow and have Cedric/AJ wildcarded to smackdown. (or it gets announced in a tweet on like Friday night or something)

Having Viking Raiders annihilate jobbers like huge bullies then become faces feels very Nia Jaxish. Speaking of her, not looking forward to her 9 month feud with Becky when she comes back.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

Still no US title match eh? Writers gonna panic and realize this before tomorrow and have Cedric/AJ wildcarded to smackdown. (or it gets announced in a tweet on like Friday night or something)

Somebody mentioned it in this thread or the Raw thread, but I agree that there's every chance it just gets randomly announced on twitter on Thursday or something.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Are these the go-home shows yeah?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yes, Clash of Champions is this coming Sunday.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cedric vs AJ will probably be really good if they’re allowed to tear the house down!
Corbin vs Gable if it’s just like 10 minutes of action will probably be excellent as well
Not super hopeful about Rollins vs Braun tho

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
No, sorry, I refuse to believe that this post-truth world has warped itself to such a degree that Baron Corbin is seen as good. I refuse it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he’s in the bottom 20% of workers in WWE but still capable of getting pulled to a good match

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Davros1 posted:

So ... no Enzo?

Honestly I would love to see him come back

Vandar posted:

I'm a longtime Super Sentai fan so Gran Metalik's entrance gear was a highlight of my night. :swoon:

God I love wrestling

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Intruder posted:

Bailey lost her first match as a heel? Wow, great job all around

She's not Charlotte.
I'm pretty sure Charlotte is both Vince's and HHH's waifu so get used to bad booking decisions making her look good for the rest of her career.
We should probably be grateful she's not universal champ right now.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Charlotte's booking doesn't even make her look good. Just undeserving.

And the weird rear end whitewashing Flair eugenics poo poo hurts her as well. I swear they didn't lean on that poo poo as hard before.

Rarity posted:

No, sorry, I refuse to believe that this post-truth world has warped itself to such a degree that Baron Corbin is seen as good. I refuse it.
Paradoxically refusing to admit that others see Corbin as good is embracing post-truth within yourself.

But don't worry, you can make a clean break and let King Corbin into your heart.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shocking that the dude who used to wear the Iron Cross on his trunks would be so enamored with promoting an Aryan ideal ubermensch

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

And the daughter of his childhood and adulthood hero.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

jesus WEP posted:

It’s kind of important to remember that Jason Jordan spent years in developmental being an athletic handsome dude who was a total charisma void. And Gable got him way the gently caress over. Gable’s amazing. He might even get a hilarious orange fake tan over.

and then when they got to the main roster they were broiken up because Vince saw all that great solo talent in Jason Jordan

Vince literally can only see the hot tag as the stars of a tag team match and I know i must've said this years ago but if Vince had the Rock n Roll Express he would've broken them up to push Robert Gibson while jobbing Ricky Morton.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Corey Graves is the worst colour commentator of all time

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The 24/7 belt should be won by a local sports celebrity every week.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

He's really bad but have you heard Josh Matthews in TNA?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Matthews Collins really doesn't work and i dont know who Is the bad one

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bradzilla posted:

He's really bad but have you heard Josh Matthews in TNA?

Matt Striker also exists :eng99:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

JBL was worse

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

The 24/7 belt should be won by a local sports celebrity every week.

The only qualification should be that they need to have an easily accessible png with transparent background :colbert:

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

quote:

Rey Mysterio defeated Gran Metalik in a good match that never quite seemed to get out of second gear. Both guys looked impressive but it felt somewhat restrained considering what both are capable of.

Lacey Evans came out for a match and got jumped from behind by Nattie. They had a back and forth match that Nattie eventually won by submission with the Sharpshooter.

A recap aired from before the show started, where R-Truth lost the 24/7 Title to former New York Knicks player and current Boston Celtics center Enes Kanter, who promptly lost it back to R-Truth.

just finished watching the hulu version, and for posterity, these are the things that i didn't see.

as a celtics fan, woooooo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

No Irish Need Imply posted:

omg are crowds finally catching on to how much corbin owns???

corbin/gable had a real fun match in nxt once, i think it was the first time he busted out the chaos theory

wwe has finally chased off anybody that doesn’t like Corbin or Lacey I see

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wwe has finally chased off anybody that doesn’t like Corbin or Lacey I see

Lacey doesn't have a fraction of the charisma or mic skill that Corbin does.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's cool how they give the joke belt to the sport man who was trading twits with Cody and MJF

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/s...ghtmode%3Dfalse

Match between these two miiiight be good. Good god Cedric is strong after reaching 206 pounds.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

OctoberCountry posted:

JBL was worse

For real. JBL is just beyond trash.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blaise330 posted:

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/s...ghtmode%3Dfalse

Match between these two miiiight be good. Good god Cedric is strong after reaching 206 pounds.

did they announce him as weighing 206 to take a shot at PAC or is this just a joke about PAC from All Out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Glass broke and the crowd went loving BANANA as Steve Austin came out and posed on all four turnbuckles, had a couple beers thrown to him and knocked them back, spilling beer all over his face and shirt much to the crowd's joy.

Steve Austin then threw down the gauntlet of rules: a No Questions, No Restrictions bout with no interference from any other members of the WWE Universe, with the winner receiving a big chunk of cash and the opportunity to go over for a shot at their own title at Wrestlemania.

Steve Austin took the challenge, with fans chanting his name like some kind of maniacal, demonic deity and the announcers shouting, "Steve Austin, you're going to Wrestlemania, you're going to Wrestlemania, and you're gonna win!"

And Steve Austin? Steve Austin lost his poo poo.

For the next two minutes, the refs stood and laughed with each other, as Steve Austin pounded wildly on his head, trying to keep the match going and hoping for their next look so they could throw the match back