Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Judakel posted:

No it isn't. It is absolutely miserable in a way most comics arent

this statement requires a statistical analysis of DC comics to determine there mean level of miserableness. it's got to be pretty close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Lots of brain rot from consumerism itt

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

BvS jokes: anything Alfred says, anything Perry White says, anything Luthor says, when Clark and Bruce meet at the gala, the jar of piss

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Superman’s reaction shot after batman asks him if he bleeds is one of the funniest jokes in superhero film history

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

indigi posted:

the Fast 9 trailer had me laughing out of excitement
i don't feel an ounce of shame or guilt about the fact that i'm gonna watch this as soon as i can and have a great time

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Atrocious Joe posted:

this statement requires a statistical analysis of DC comics to determine there mean level of miserableness. it's got to be pretty close.

they're rotten but they aren't miserable most of the time

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Atrocious Joe posted:

dc comics and superhero comics as a whole are so overwhelmingly miserable there can't possibly be any competition

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

dc comics and superhero comics as a whole are so overwhelmingly miserable there can't possibly be any competition

what snyder does to the brain

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

well dc's current big crossover is "what if batman was joker and stole dr manhattans powers"

also there's three jokers and two harley quinns now

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I'll never forget a batman comic from the New 52 era which starts off with Mad Hatter making 300 people down themselves in Gotham harbor and after that I was done with Cape comics. Christ I've read EC comics from the 50s that were more mature than poo poo DC has done

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

still better than marvel's current crossover which is about venom, but a venom so strong and cool he rules over the other venoms and his name is KNULL and he looks like a generic vampire and he has dragons and can stay up past 10 on school nights

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

FFT posted:

lmao re: Stardust (and Cavill) at the end just before 1h59m as streamed by Netflix De Niro winks at Cavill and Cavill winks back

forgot about that

Honestly just a good as hell film (apart from Ricky Gervais doing his stale schtick)

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Comics are awful.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Bro Dad posted:

still better than marvel's current crossover which is about venom, but a venom so strong and cool he rules over the other venoms and his name is KNULL and he looks like a generic vampire and he has dragons and can stay up past 10 on school nights

those sounds like someone find-and-replaced the big spider-verse crossover

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Modern cape comics are written by and for 2 crowds.

1. Edgelords who want DragonBall z but watchmen
2. Tumblr poisoned soyfaces

Edit: and loving "shipping" has ruined everything. Every God drat character has to be loving each other.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 23:24 on Apr 14, 2021

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the mcu movies are the absolute nadir of pop culture cinema and the idea that fans of them are in any position to speak down to others about their media taste is adorable

snyders movies are boring superhero pap for the most part but the marvel films are rock bottom denominator garbage for shitbrains who aren't even literate enough to be on the harry potter bandwagon

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They both loving suck, but at least the MCU movies have capes fighting other capes which is what I want to watch. The only good dc films are aquaman and Shazam.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Apr 14, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This is why I like the arrowverse shows too. They are CW dumbass shows, but at the end of the day I get to watch the flash fight a talking psychic gorilla or supergirl fight the monster of the week.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

I remember when gorilla grodd was honored to meet obama

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bro Dad posted:

In our Marvel game we accidentally gave a symbiote to a shark and then threw it into space. So somehwere out there, GARBAGE the shark-symbiote waits for revenge.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:lmao:

quote:

The character is depicted as an evil deity, who created the weapon known as All-Black the Necrosword and the alien races known as the Klyntar and Exolons

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Who wrote that and what was their sonic the Hedgehog OC

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
ooh they're making another Alan Partridge.

https://twitter.com/collnsmith/status/1382352763040927745?s=20

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Judakel posted:

what snyder does to the brain

lol i can't believe the conversation about justice league made you so mad you're still posting about it unprompted weeks later. you're absolutely right, snyder snydrome has claimed yet another victim.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

lol i can't believe the conversation about justice league made you so mad you're still posting about it unprompted weeks later. you're absolutely right, snyder snydrome has claimed yet another victim.

Movie is asolutely trash I can't help it

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

please don't get yourself fired from editing a major centre-left periodical because you can't stop insulting your snyder-fan colleagues

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

josh04 posted:

please don't get yourself fired from editing a major centre-left periodical because you can't stop insulting your snyder-fan colleagues

Google turns up nothing on this

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
Nobody here should weigh in on the Snyder cut until my boy slavoj has had his say

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Fleetwood posted:

Fast and the Furious/This is Us mash-up

e: League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is pretty good. It's how I first learned or even heard of imperialism :psyduck:

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen was great and I wish they'd have made more

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

Buddy you’re an adult defending comicbook movies/toy advertisements made by a self-proclaimed Christian Scientist in every thread, you have no room to talk

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
if snyder is a christian scientist, then you freaks have a lot to answer for. i just thought he was a christian

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Judakel posted:

if snyder is a christian scientist, then you freaks have a lot to answer for. i just thought he was a christian

He also loves Ayn Rand novels, take your pick

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Judakel posted:

Google turns up nothing on this

ben dreyfuss from mother jones was so insistent that the snyder cut is poo poo that several employees complained of a hostile work environment. he no longer works there

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

it do be cool when batman kills all those dudes tho

9/11 stephen paddock batman is the most fun vie had watching a superhero movie in years

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I just remembered how many people got upset about Unbreakable because they thought it ended right when it was getting to the good part.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Demon Semen posted:

Buddy you’re an adult defending comicbook movies/toy advertisements made by a self-proclaimed Christian Scientist in every thread, you have no room to talk

it's very easy to do though because people are constantly just making weird poo poo up about him like "self-proclaimed Christian Scientist"

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

it's very easy to do though because people are constantly just making weird poo poo up about him like "self-proclaimed Christian Scientist"

How does Snyder reconcile his Christian Science with Ayn Rand’s atheism?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

by voting for biden, duh

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

World War Mammories posted:

ben dreyfuss from mother jones was so insistent that the snyder cut is poo poo that several employees complained of a hostile work environment. he no longer works there

Ahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Demon Semen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Di_PJyDGIg

The inevitable obituary on the collapse of america should contain the fast and furious and superhero movies in the pop culture chapter

oh nice this looks like the sort of dumb fun i want

no sign of the rock or statham tho, so i guess the beef is still on huh