Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

duz posted:

yeah, att has over $10 billion cash on hand, this is probably 100% coming out of just the marketing budget because they have so much money just laying around

budgets are fake lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Have your opinion about Snyder and his movies, I just think it's kinda neat that a massive movie studio caved in to the fan outcry of "hey can we see this guy's actual vision for this movie instead of the executive-approved hack job with all the black people cut out?" I mean, I don't care about WB possibly losing money doing this, they only have their own bizarre mishandling of the franchise to blame lmao.

It also would be nice to see Ray Fisher, the actor who played Cyborg, be in a version of Justice League where he wasn't mistreated by management and loving Joss Whedon behind the scenes.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

nerds getting hollywood to make another superhero movie is a victory for organising

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

release the cut of rogue one where the hero stays with space al-qaeda

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
"The campaign for the Snyder Cut was a crucial precursor to the successful October Revolution."

— some guy probably

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Was the Snyder cut supposed to be one of the allures of HBO Max sub? It's cost them 70 million at this point lmfao.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
the black power fist but it's cyborg's arm cannon

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

StashAugustine posted:

release the cut of rogue one where the hero stays with space al-qaeda

i think i liked the trailer of rogue one more than i liked the resulting film

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

nerds getting hollywood to make another superhero movie is a victory for organising

Unironically yes. Bunch of people wanted something, unofficially banded together with no real leadership and started a grass root action to achieve their goals. If some big shot execs felt bullied, all the better.

Equeen posted:

the black power fist but it's cyborg's arm cannon

not an emptyquote

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Was the Snyder cut supposed to be one of the allures of HBO Max sub? It's cost them 70 million at this point lmfao.

I mean, people that hate him will watch it just to dunk on him, and his fans will watch it because they've got great taste in movies, and the resulting clashes on social media and think pieces and youtube video essays will be free marketing for the film and streaming service. it's win win for HBO really.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
One time I got blackout drunk watching Master and Commander and when I woke up the next day someone had been on my laptop and it was still open and someone had googled "what the gently caress is a taffrail"

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
The only good dc movie is birds of prey and it could be shorter

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i watched currently trending netflix movie beyond the wire and it ahd some ok ideas but like every netflix movie it just felt like watching one of my friends play through gears of war in high school. 4/10. anyway is it just me or is this sfx choice really funny

https://i.imgur.com/IiJjgXu.mp4

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god that movie sucks so bad

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.

Farm Frenzy posted:

i watched currently trending netflix movie beyond the wire and it ahd some ok ideas but like every netflix movie it just felt like watching one of my friends play through gears of war in high school. 4/10. anyway is it just me or is this sfx choice really funny

https://i.imgur.com/IiJjgXu.mp4

He punches the chair with his butt like Adam west Batman

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

zack snyder has never made a good movie so its perfect as a lovely streaming service exclusive for the company's netflix speedrun

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

cant wait for david ayer's "oops, all jokers!" recut of suicide squad

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

McCloud posted:

Unironically yes. Bunch of people wanted something, unofficially banded together with no real leadership and started a grass root action to achieve their goals. If some big shot execs felt bullied, all the better.

not an emptyquote

I mean, people that hate him will watch it just to dunk on him, and his fans will watch it because they've got great taste in movies, and the resulting clashes on social media and think pieces and youtube video essays will be free marketing for the film and streaming service. it's win win for HBO really.

lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

bringing back szechuan sauce was a critical victory for the proletariat

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

god that movie sucks so bad

i turned it off as soon as they started explaining the situation was Ukraine: "Evil Russian-Backed Warlord vs Noble The Resistance, and We the US Peacekeepers"

i don't care what twists there are in the movie how the gently caress does anyone write that unironically in 2020

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dreylad posted:

i turned it off as soon as they started explaining the situation was Ukraine: "Evil Russian-Backed Warlord vs Noble The Resistance, and We the US Peacekeepers"

i don't care what twists there are in the movie how the gently caress does anyone write that unironically in 2020

the third act makes a weak effort at subverting this but then doesnt

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i vaguely remember a midaughts comic where magneto personally throws the potus out on the ground on global television and proclaims "america dies today at the age of (230-something)" and whenever i remember it I'm like.... go daddy

also if someone with privileges sees this could you please give me back my teen vogue tag and also change my joe to the stalin one, thx in advance.

Segata Sanshiro has issued a correction as of 05:48 on Jan 19, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
People mad about Snyder have become literally everything they claim to hate, mock and deride

Bro Dad posted:

cant wait for david ayer's "oops, all jokers!" recut of suicide squad

Enter the Jokerverse

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

People mad about Snyder have become literally everything they claim to hate, mock and deride
i love being in one of the few places left on earth where i can read raw uncut posts like this

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

How dare people want to see a movie that wasn't butchered by racists

those fools, those simps

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
how dare you guys mock one of the true artists of our generation, one who will never relent in his vision like some common corporate stooge
*gestures to guy stapling dog carcasses together*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Don't you loving dare insult Dog Welder

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
I am taking a stand, Dinosaurs was better than the Simpsons. FIGHT ME!!!!!

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

Ghost Leviathan posted:

:nallears:

Mocking Snyder is fun because no other filmmaker has such a defensive personality cult around him like he does. Your posting, for example.

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

I will watch his new zombie movie, though.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't you loving dare insult Dog Welder

Dog Welder isn't gonna be in the new suicide squad, gently caress u at&t

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Peanut President posted:

Dog Welder isn't gonna be in the new suicide squad, gently caress u at&t

Well obviously he's in Section 8

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

side_burned posted:

Better than season 1-2 yeah

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

side_burned posted:

its probably aged better at any rate lets compare their big sexism episodes

in the simpsons homer is unjustly accused of sexual harassment because he made gross drooling noises pulling a gummy off of the babysitters butt and the entire episode is about the wacky jazz hands media and their obsession with accusing men of being sexist with no evidence

whereas in dinosaurs the government clumsily solves sexism by mandating workplace gender quotas which backfires because the underqualified female dinosaur who gets the management job ends up accidentally sabotaging the company by increasing production too much because their economic system is stupid

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Well obviously he's in Section 8

nah Gunn wanted to do it but changed his mind. Personally I blame the execs.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Loveshaft posted:

:nallears:

Mocking Snyder is fun because no other filmmaker has such a defensive personality cult around him like he does. Your posting, for example.

what about someone like Tarantino?

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Some Guy TT posted:

its probably aged better at any rate lets compare their big sexism episodes

in the simpsons homer is unjustly accused of sexual harassment because he made gross drooling noises pulling a gummy off of the babysitters butt and the entire episode is about the wacky jazz hands media and their obsession with accusing men of being sexist with no evidence

whereas in dinosaurs the government clumsily solves sexism by mandating workplace gender quotas which backfires because the underqualified female dinosaur who gets the management job ends up accidentally sabotaging the company by increasing production too much because their economic system is stupid

If we want talk about episodes of Dinosaurs that "aged well."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9b9aoINXzk&t=7s
:stare:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i refuse to believe that anyone in this thread has actuallyw atched dinosaurs

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

side_burned posted:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Better than season 1-2 yeah

I will stand with you on this hill.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Nerds get super offended by Zach Snyder so he should keep doing stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Bootleg Trunks posted: