Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

josh04 posted:

house of x is p. good

just started reading it and powers on a lark and the storytelling style and transhumanist weirdness felt so familiar that I had to look up and forgot Jonathan Hickman also did the excellent Manhattan Projects

it's definitely one way to revamp 13 (christ!) x-titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

i got somethin to say! i'm being caaaancelled!

Glenn Danzig: I’m A Giant Pussy Actually

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

What's Zod's power level

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

0 on account of his snapped neck

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
the cum town bit about glenn danzig is still the best summary of the man ever

"real stuff, like werewolves"

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

His wife is killed by russiagaters who want to start a war with Russia to restore american hegemony.

lmao the jack ryan show was the most lib hawk poo poo to the point of being just straight offensively racist cia propaganda and not even just eye rolling fun like the 90s movies

but this sounds...good? and michael b jordan owns

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jesus that's incredibly fash.

Also lol at Jerusalem Habitat. Is X-Men incredibly pro-Israeli?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
i mean it does straddle Fourteen Words for Mutants quite a bit

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Dr. Killjoy posted:

i mean it does straddle Fourteen Words for Mutants quite a bit

Yeah that's what I'm saying.

It's even worse when you remember that Mutants and Non-Mutants can have kids, meaning they are not separate species.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

prof x is mlk, magneto is malcolm x. mutants were a black power / nation of islam analogue, not the kkk

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1388002951248089090

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/TokyoFashion/status/1388152316289634310

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

nerds mad that the guy who had won three times did a three sign and before that did a two sign

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1387904980552622082

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Wheeee posted:

0 on account of his snapped neck

Zod is in HFIL

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

lmao

quote:

io9: Now, speaking of John, obviously he has a huge arc in the show, too. He’s arguably the third lead. At first you hate them, then he gets worse, then he gets kind of redeemed at the end. Through your direction, how did you want the audience to feel about him at the end? Or did you purposely kind of leave that vague?

Skogland: Well, we left it a little vague on purpose but at the end of the day, I wanted people to like him. And I think everybody does like him. Now, they went through a period of not liking him at the beginning because he started out feeling like “Wait a second, is that the guy?” But then, through the calibration of performance as such, we realize he’s coming from a very earnest place. No matter what’s going on, he really does want to be a good Cap and he wants to do the right thing. Now, when his ego gets involved and the Dora Milaje take him down and he goes, “Oh, my God. I’m in over my head,” [that] sort of compels him into a conversation with Lemar and then we realize there’s a bead in there that’s missing. He’s actually a bit of an imposter.

He alludes to that. “Oh, yeah. that Medal of Honor, that was the worst day of my life.” And we realized, “Oh, something happened there that he’s not proud of.” So he’s actually got a bit of an imposter syndrome. And that makes you go, “Oh, he’s actually kind of damaged.” So you kind of like him a little bit, even though then he goes on to do something horrific, but you at least understand where it comes from. Then when [Contessa] sort of picks up the pieces after he’s been stripped of everything, I think you hope for him and that’s the most important thing—you just hope for him. And the big point is when he makes the decision to abandon vengeance. He’s got Karli and he’s got the GRC guys who are about to die. What does he do? He makes the right choice for the first time in a long time. And so that’s a bit redemptive.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

heather orourke is spinning in her grave

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

i hate john

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

i appreciate how they managed to make his whole thing understandable but lmao at "likeable"

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

lol mother is about being shadow banned on twitter.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

FFT posted:

i appreciate how they managed to make his whole thing understandable but lmao at "likeable"

classic john

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
everyone likes entitled blond white guys

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Judakel posted:

nerds mad that the guy who had won three times did a three sign and before that did a two sign

4chan needs to co-opt the handshake as a white power symbol so that all these people who spend their lives jumping at shadows stop spreading germs to each other

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

that account is a pro follow. some really goofy looking fuckers but also many stone cold style monsters. never not interesting though.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

just fuckin kill me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smigel rules but that preview pic does not earn him benefit of the doubt lol

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

just fuckin kill me

Oh, so its like Spitting Image except poo poo

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
She needs to spend a couple more years in japan to develop that japanese touch of distilling a fashion style to a razor sharp point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHS8qmglgpI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1LqF03UUdc

Also gently caress danzig for saying poo poo can't exist now.
It's 2021 so long as your style or hobbies poo poo isn't hate filled toward anything, and doesn't ruin the planet too much, it can all exist and exist in multiple variations

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

smigel rules but that preview pic does not earn him benefit of the doubt lol

Kamala has her rictus cackle plastered on so maybe it's an accurate portrayal

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
remember lindsay ellis?

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

I saw Danzig in concert a few years ago.

He looked like poo poo.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Proletarian Mango posted:

I saw Danzig in concert a few years ago.

He looked like poo poo.

Lmao I saw him in I want to say 2013 and he looked absolutely hilarious - totally worth the ticket just to see him hop around

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

cultural appropriation much????

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

indigi posted:

cultural appropriation much????

irie mon.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm still not over how the X-Men went from being allegories for mistreated minorities to outright fascist.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm still not over how the X-Men went from being allegories for mistreated minorities to outright fascist.

well in the end the x-men are ubermenschen who are born with powers that make them more powerful than regular humans, it was doomed to eventually get fashy from the word go because of that alone

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

well in the end the x-men are ubermenschen who are born with powers that make them more powerful than regular humans, it was doomed to eventually get fashy from the word go because of that alone

I liked Grant Morrison’s take that actually a lot of mutants are born with bullshit or detrimental powers. that’s fallen by the wayside but it would solve this

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

indigi posted:

I liked Grant Morrison’s take that actually a lot of mutants are born with bullshit or detrimental powers. that’s fallen by the wayside but it would solve this

There was that puffer fish guy in X3

Very dangerous if you let him hug you

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Blood Boils posted:

There was that puffer fish guy in X3

Very dangerous if you let him hug you

or eat him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

yeah i remember rogue's arc from the 90s cartoon was stressful as hell and her powers made her an outcast