Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Mr Hootington posted:

I watch those too. Didn't much care for Cabaret, but enjoyed Klute.

Hell yeah Klute is an amazing movie, Jane Fonda kills it obviously but I also love Donald Sutherland as such a fantastic weirdo. Got some real proto-Epstein Brain vibes going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

God Hole posted:

criminals are frightened of batman not because he's a creepy weirdo who stalks them from the shadows, but because every time they have to fight him he uses his honed ninjutsu skills to perfectly place his dick and balls into the paths of their kicks and punches

if i were a criminal in gotham city i would simply wait until i saw the batsignal at night to do my petty crimes bc hed be busy stopping a huge terrorist attack or something

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
"hey Moose the Riddler's doing some gay bullshit again, let's boost the local Kroger's while Bats is distracted"
"Durrr okay boss"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Arkham Asylum henchman 1: "so... this is kind of embarrassing to talk about but... when Batman captured you, did he tie you up and sit on your face?"
Arkham Asylum henchman 2: "Jesus Christ..."
Arkham Asylum henchman 3: "yeah, man, i thought it would never end. i can still smell it. through the suit."
Arkham Asylum henchman 4: *weeps silently*

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dr. Killjoy posted:

"hey Moose the Riddler's doing some gay bullshit again, let's boost the local Kroger's while Bats is distracted"
"Durrr okay boss"

bro five hundred people have died from a laughing gas attack can you bring me an eighth or not

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Loki sucks. Its just babbies first existential nihilism. It feels like the Disney execs got a focus group to decide on mashing The Good Place and Rick and Morty into a show with Tom Hiddleston.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

I agree. This is why cap 1 was great too.

for the character of captain america, the ending is a twist that shows that fascism won in the US

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

people still live in Gotham because constant terrorism, mass murder, and vigilante violence has kept housing and rent prices suppressed to a reasonable level.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Josh Christ posted:

Honestly the fact that it's not the most popular franchise in the world is an indictment of humanity

There's been two outright bad movies out of eight (nine doesn't count yet, it's not out), that's better than star wars and there's no fast and furious Eu, where's my race wars centered 13 episode sports anime goddammit

"fast and furious spy racers" exists

/e and apparently is 4 seasons deep

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drat i just watched THE PARALLAX VIEW and loved it, guess i have to check out KLUTE now and complete the pakula/paranoia trilogy

e: oh and KLUTE's on hbomax, nice

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

oh my god L M A O

nsfw

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1405702805948538881

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1405582275048263686?s=19

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

uber_stoat posted:

Arkham Asylum henchman 1: "so... this is kind of embarrassing to talk about but... when Batman captured you, did he tie you up and sit on your face?"
Arkham Asylum henchman 2: "Jesus Christ..."
Arkham Asylum henchman 3: "yeah, man, i thought it would never end. i can still smell it. through the suit."
Arkham Asylum henchman 4: *weeps silently*

I read this in their voices in my head.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It turns out Batman is single handedly bankrolling the furry art commission industry

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It turns out Batman is single handedly bankrolling the furry art commission industry

what's he doing with the other hand?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Atrocious Joe posted:

for the character of captain america, the ending is a twist that shows that fascism won in the US

Yeah cap 1 is good

In the sequels he buys in, which means the real cap is still frozen at the moment of death

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Blood Boils posted:

Yeah cap 1 is good

In the sequels he buys in, which means the real cap is still frozen at the moment of death

The Guest (2014) is the proper Captain America 2, as fun as Winter Soldier was.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Atrocious Joe posted:

people still live in Gotham because constant terrorism, mass murder, and vigilante violence has kept housing and rent prices suppressed to a reasonable level.

The notoriously corrupt GCPD finds Joker somewhere after Batman is done defeating him, nobody decides to just shoot him. Handcuffed people get killed by police kinda all the time IRL and they mostly skate, and there's a case to be made that a man for whom no prison really can hold him and engages in chemical terrorism really is threatening their lives even when detained.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

skooma512 posted:

The notoriously corrupt GCPD finds Joker somewhere after Batman is done defeating him, nobody decides to just shoot him. Handcuffed people get killed by police kinda all the time IRL and they mostly skate, and there's a case to be made that a man for whom no prison really can hold him and engages in chemical terrorism really is threatening their lives even when detained.

check out the comic where batman proves the joker innocent for one crime so the joker isn't executed.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
a secret is revealed.

https://twitter.com/Srirachachau/status/1405721866862428165?s=20

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Currently in the comics the entire X-Men franchise has been... rebooted? rejiggered? shaken up? by author Jonathan Hickman to a new status quo where the X-Men have seceded from mankind and formed their own island nation of mutants. In forming the laws that will guide their new nation, longtime X-Man Nightcrawler (traditionally written as a super-devout Roman Catholic) convinced everyone to put "Everybody loving all the time." as one of their equivalent to the Ten Commandments. Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean Grey are now a Polycule and the reader is given diagrams showing their sex-facilitating living arrangements (Hickman loving loves diagrams and charts). X-Men comics are now essentially about a crazy sex cult island and it's the best X-Men comics have been in a decade.

best part is the new book where nightcrawler realizes he helped create an extremely hosed up dystopia

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/lodgepolepines/status/1406033453057970178?s=20

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1406284894553182216

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
love to watch a Christmas movie in the middle of June

similarly, die hard 1 was released on July 15

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
youtube recommends - - - -

Oh yeaa, the bizacks pahinder joooste league came out.
faaahk.
heh.
nothing matters.
thumbs up.

Duke Nukem forever's advertisements is one of the most successful piece of art of all time.

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 20:02 on Jun 20, 2021

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I always enjoyed it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Best Batman movie, even if Batman is a minor character in it.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1407063978044448769?s=20
extremely funny they are trying to make the strata of people who produced all the worst figures in the Trump administration into socially aware, sympathetic protagonists. This is just pro-capitalist propaganda from the other direction.

if they want to get real woke, they need to bring in Felix Biederman to make the new Gossip Girl more explicitly about Jeffrey Epstein's Origins

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
it's a miniseries about a bunch of UES teens who get killed by a maoist militia

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

"Rich people are good now"

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

extremely funny they are trying to make the strata of people who produced all the worst figures in the Trump administration into socially aware, sympathetic protagonists. This is just pro-capitalist propaganda from the other direction.

if they want to get real woke, they need to bring in Felix Biederman to make the new Gossip Girl more explicitly about Jeffrey Epstein's Origins

josh sassafraz

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Best Batman movie, even if Batman is a minor character in it.

Yep, it's Tim Burtons magnum opus imho

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Bim Turton

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mameluke posted:

it's a miniseries about a bunch of UES teens who get killed by a maoist militia

yes…. yes

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

thatfatkid posted:

Yep, it's Tim Burtons magnum opus imho

either that or Ed Wood which is just so god drat earnest

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

this makes it sound like the producers fundamentally dont understand why people watched gossip girl in the first place

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Goddamn young kids who see the worst in everything are really easy to fool. Whodathunk

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1407029686639681536

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Might have something to do with Netflix original productions being complete dogshit schlock or dogshit oscarbait