Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MLKQUOTEMACHINE posted:

Did I dune that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

None of this matters

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aids cultural war poo poo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

as soon as you start rebutting the argument you've accepted the terms of the framing. "The Left Doesn't Like Big Tits Vs Actually Yes We Do"

the only winning move is not to play. anyone who actually enjoys big naturals would be enjoying them, not arguing about it online.

Yep.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I need to watch Phantom of the Paradise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULldW6fU7Vw

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

goth smoking cloves posted:

It's so loving good!

It's not streaming anywhere the last time I checked but, I think there's a low quality rip on the internet archive for some reason

It isn't streaming but I can rent a good quality version for like $3.

I need to make a letterboxd list of musicals.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've been watching a bunch of 70s movies and it seems the underlying themes for a lot of them are "trying to change the corrupt system is useless because it is too powerful" and "hedonism is the only escape".

I think it is interesting with when the 80s becomes "protect the system from the outsider" or "capitalism is the only escape".

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Hoots just mad because some people get paid for their porky pig opinions about what they watched this weekend and he has to do it for free as some sort of compulsion.

No I'm not.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Yeah I think Curtis touches on this in both Century of the Self and Hypernormalization but the transformation of Jane Fonda from Anti-war activist to Workout Tape Spokesperson is a great microcosm of the whole thing. "We cannot change or control the world, but we can change and control ourselves and our bodies" becoming the final stop of the Anti-war hippy boomer.

Yeah. We are kinda seeing it happen again I believe.

In Training posted:

Taking of Pelham 123 is playing on the big screen near me soon and I'm pumped. One of my faves from that era/style and I've never seen it in a theater.

I think that is on my list.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Holy poo poo it is going to be good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mugKDQDlg

Can't believe they did it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

RIP akira toriyama

What a loss

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That isn't a real quote or article.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Clip-On Fedora posted:

It doesn’t matter. Comic Book Cannon always has been and always will be needlessly stupid bullshit that should never be considered but will always be shoved to the forefront at the expense of interesting stories.

Yeah it works similar to how people believe Palestinians rape is isrealis non-stop or cook babies in microwaves.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1767623230922145957?t=4FGx6DeHnpwFwTukAp3wOA&s=19

Apparently they wiped all their socials so it's possible it's unrelated to the quality of the show

Yeah I don't think it is show quality. Something happened. poo poo doesn't go nuclear this fast unless something bad happened.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

josh04 posted:

noble snyder fans have turned away from the nazi boer website, makes sense

No they didn't. They were harassing people over that suicide squad game just a month ago.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Potentially good if there is no jedi.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Roger prepares to erase magically Aren's memories of all that happened. However, it doesn't work; the magic is fading. Aren has sparked rebellion among Society members, e.g., a farm hand who refuses to help a white farmer, and an executive who was earlier touching a white executive's crotch, but now insists his own crotch be touched too.

Aren notes Lizzie has made it back to Los Angeles; he finds her and they reconcile. However, in the last scene, Lizzie goes into a hairstylist and takes a secret entrance to visit her own Society: "SOSWAG", or "Society of Supportive Wives and Girlfriends".

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nonsense posted:

I don't see Avengers on this list

The Way Back is what you are looking for.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

New furiosa trailer looks good

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

It is going to be very good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 are like kinda legitimately good martial arts films

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Another all time great has passed.
https://twitter.com/etnow/status/1770553281879932945?t=RAMBJV8qp14CqgLTNocSZQ&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

is that confirmed as the actual reason? seems unlikely but idk

e: oh it's on disney, maybe that is it then

It is not confirmed.

The other rumor is he was a nightmare to work with.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQghiGQi6Lo

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Orlando bloom is not aging well. Good bless him.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

pirates of the caribbean 2(3?) had that scene where the pirate ships are shooting cannons at each other while swirling around the gigantic whirlpool which was an extremely cool scene to me

The only good part in that movie

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol the discourse about bad boys 4

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

tell me more

There is quite a bit of extremely stupid takes about not wanting to support will Smith because he assaulted someone.

Very white liberal.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just saw Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire. It was a decent movie. A bit stupid in parts but overall I enjoyed it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That is how I felt. A few spots dragged. I didn't need podcast to show back up, but Dan Ackroyd as Ray fit very nicely into a grandfatherish role. Janine and Peter weren't needed.

It does feel like a "The Real Ghostbusters" episode which helps and hurts it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Watching the Librarian trilogy

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Tina Fey is a freak and the best comedy people are freaks or angry.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

There are many decent 80s dance movies

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Like Girls Just Want to Havr Fun

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dance for us loquacius

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Removing the Jessica rabbit pussy frame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Fighting Elegy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db9XI_qgQYU&t=52s
One of my favorite scenes. This movie showed me that good acting can make up for a seriously stupid script.

This movie is good