Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i say swears online posted:

i haven't seen it since the theaters but doesn't M&C show pressgangs of sailors and incompetent children as officers?

This would be historically accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

sometimes i just put on some garbage I find on hbo because the movies they option for streaming are sometimes amusing but holy crap Serving Sara is a terrible movie.

There are like a two dozen McQueen, Bogart, Caine, or Kelly movies you could watch.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Amazon is buying MGM studios.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

i say swears online posted:

can't wait for 40 years from now when we hear about lil nas x's coordination with the cia and alec

Lil Nas used to have a bunch of tweets critiquing Amazon and when he blew up they disappeared.

Edit: I can't find them at all anymore. Even in screenshot form.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 11:21 on May 25, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

People would sign up to serve for Disney or Nintendo paramilitary forces, and I'm not sure any other brand has that sort of loyalty.

Id kill you in a second if Mr. Salty ordered it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

my wife had no idea palpatine was returning and was just yelling 'what???' at the opening crawl

I went in blind and had no clue what was going on.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

are you jj abrams??

Yes. My dumbass son blew his one chance at being a comic book writer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I had no idea about this fortnite message! How is this real? What was anyone thinking?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I can't believe Zach snyder had a zombie Jesus rape a baby

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

McCloud posted:

Gives a new meaning to the second coming i suppose

Wow! Go back to CD. There are 3 or 4 of you who search all of SA to just post about Zach Snyder. Just deranged poo poo.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Judakel posted:

sick boyz

It is! There are couple of other threads I follow and if Snyder is mentioned in anyway they Kramer in to squeal about him.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i honestly dont even understand why theres any discourse around zak snyder of all people. it feels like if everyone suddenly had strong opinions about renny harlin.

It is culture war bullshit.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

https://twitter.com/bheesechurger/status/1397893511446515714

netflix having more content from the first 5 months of the year than all of the 1990s is insane

I want the criterion channel, but I am only able to stream it on my phone or PC.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

EGM lost Ubisoft advertising after EGM gave the first Assassin's Creed a "bad score" and said the game sucked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The only Eternals series worth a read is vol 1 written and drawn by Kirby from 1976-1978. It is definitely the weakest of his Big Two output. From what I understand is this movie is pulling from Vol 1, but mostly from the 2006 miniseries written by Gaiman and drawn by Romita Jr.

I think the trailer looked like poo poo and this might be the first Marvel movie I do not go see in the theater.

Also:

indigi posted:

The Celestials are cool

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

drat horror queefs posted:

If I could produce/direct any Marvel movie, it would be a 120 minute long character study of Dr. Doom coming to terms with 9/11

Mine would be Jack of Hearts marvel zombies mini

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My wife was interested in Cruella until I showed her the opening scene.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The '98-'07 "Whose Line is it Anyway?" run has been added to HBO Max.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

No point to this without scoob and the gang.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Just wait for the abortion.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The arrowverse characters gently caress, but that is CW.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wtf west batman absolutely fucks and Keaton's would be into scat or something though

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

MCU stuff is more fun when it's just heroes loving around and not trying to provide any kind of half-assed neolib commentary. That's why Thor: Ragnarok and the Guardians movies are the best ones.

I agree. This is why cap 1 was great too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

why torture yourselves watching children's movies and tv shows when theres stuff made for adults out there

I watch those too. Didn't much care for Cabaret, but enjoyed Klute.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

skooma512 posted:

The notoriously corrupt GCPD finds Joker somewhere after Batman is done defeating him, nobody decides to just shoot him. Handcuffed people get killed by police kinda all the time IRL and they mostly skate, and there's a case to be made that a man for whom no prison really can hold him and engages in chemical terrorism really is threatening their lives even when detained.

check out the comic where batman proves the joker innocent for one crime so the joker isn't executed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hydra Cap was bad. Justice for Jack Flag.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

drat horror queefs posted:

Matt Groening seems to have gotten away with it so :shrug:

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1167073703185678338?s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

indigi posted:

I hope everyone on kiwifarms dies at the hands of their mother

Now, now you are talking bad about fellow goons.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Family wanted to watch all 8 Harry potter's last week so we did. The first 4 are good movies. The last 4 are bad movies. This is my take.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

indigi posted:

I've only seen two of them (second one and last one I think) but the kids did not remotely know how to act at first. when did they figure it out

There is a marked improvement over the series. Maybe 3 or 4 they can establish some emotion.

Number 1 is the best. There are a number of scenes that the kids start to laugh but it is edited out or they just catch themselves.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The best part of Harry Potter, at least in the movies, is the global holocaust the death eaters are committing. This is all ignored when voldemort is killed because he was making everyone do the bad things!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

wait what? i havent seen the movies

Oh yeah the subtext is there that the death eaters are killing thousands of "mudbloods" and muggles in Britain alone. Then you can remember that the death eaters supposedly have global reach with thousands of members that have paralyzed the entire wizardry and muggle worlds.

Harry does become a cop and you joke, but the OG upper command of the death eaters almost all get away with their original crimes because they say voldemort mind controlled them and you can't prove they are lying.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Jun 29, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lugubrious posted:

But even afterwards, they can't let those filthy muggles know magic is real, because then they might ask awkward questions like "why haven't you solved world hunger or poverty or literally a dozen other things with literal loving magic," so they probably had squads of wizard cops going around magically erasing people's memories.

Yeah they did that in conjuctuon with the major world governments. They covered up mass causality events and entire muggle families turning up tortured to death or just disappearing.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 21:11 on Jun 29, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

I'm going to write a fanfiction where Harry Potter is Q and fighting against the Death Eaters who control the deep state

That is Deathly Hollows.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

Why are they killing muggles

The death eaters view muggles as vermin to be culled, exploited, or ruled over.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Good news!
https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1410078639270543364?s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/jonathansfrakes/status/1410540620934905860?s=19

Now bring back Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal too

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

All of taratino's movies are good.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Jul 2, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hbo canceled Lovecraft country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

do we actually have any big name film comedians anymore

kind of funny to think that if you told someone ten years ago that chris pratt would be a big star theyd probably think thats what hes doing and it would also be a significant improvement over whatever the gently caress hes doing right now

No they all go from stand up to HGH neanderthal.