Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

endgame features a brief scene wherein chris evans steve rogers uses the alternate dimension time travel bullshit to go back to when he was frozen in a glacier and hook up with peggy they have a long happy married life together as can be seen when rogers returns as an old man so theres no longer any need for him to play a role hes obviously gotten sick of save the world anymore because hes a good boy and deserves his reward

the ontological implications of this if you read the scene any way beyond the superficial are horrifying the obvious interpretation is that steve rogers usurped his own past identity under false pretenses to gently caress peggy the more charitable reading that steve rogers gave informed consent to peggy by explaining the actual situation is just too bizarre to contemplate since were expected to believe both that peggy is totally cool with leaving the steve rogers as she knew him in the ice to gently caress the future trunks version instead and also that she had no interest in using his knowledge of future events to prevent catastrophe

note that in either interpretation steve rogers himself does not seem to give a poo poo about what happens to anyone aside from himself and peggy the whole situation illustrates the super fickle ethics of endgame where the characters knowingly gently caress with events in alternate universes while giving no thought to the potential consequences for the people in those alternate universes because they dont seem to think of them as actual people with their own motivations and lives that persist beyond the existence of their own

supposedly wandavision and the next couple marvel movies are going to resolve this somehow most likely by transforming all the hosed with universes into a single closed loop although im not clear what any of this has to do with that recap i read that said the latest episode of wandavision was like the crucible except the accused really is a witch and she murders all the accusers with magic with the accusers themselves also being witches but to more broadly answer the original question this entire thought experiment comes to you courtesy of supermechagodzilla the poster whose gimmick is taking dumb movie plots to their extremely logical and stupid conclusions and the cined mods decided that this time he went too far

women are objects op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

who ever it was that wrote about the transformers movies and showed that not only the subtext but the literal text itself shows optimus prime to be the badguy but the bush-era ideology blinders that make movie goers not think about this was really funny & satisfying

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

O_O

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

The Cinematographer for Alien had never shot a feature before (but a ton of TV commercials). Itís easily one of the best shot films of the 70s. Iíve seen an anamorphic print and itís a masterpiece of lighting and camera alone imo

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

There are seriously 4 loving Marvel movies to come out this year. And then 4 more the next year. It's unbearable.

I am looking forward to Thor 4 and Guardians 3 but I'm tapping out after.

lol "They're making GBS threads in my mouth, pure poo poo, I do like the dog poo poo, and I plan to eat it. but after I eat all the dog poo poo I'm out for the cat and bird poo poo. Disgusting. how can they get away with this"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I was loving shocked when I found out there was a sequel to Chinatown (and a third script that became who framed roger rabbit)