Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

the entire white walker plot line ended up basically being pointless and was resolved in the stupidest way possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

old cap showing up at the end makes no sense since the movie already established that time travel creates alternate timelines and doesn’t affect the one being traveled from

the entire premise of the movie would be pointless if they could just travel back and stop thanos in infinity war

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I have't watched the new season of the expanse yet but I know the book it is based on is considered one of the weaker ones in the series

the next 2 books own however and largely focus on the political situation in sol

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

drake no: Star Wars discourse

drake yes: cats discourse

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I mean assuming the cats are realistically aged, that does seem more towards his interests.

lol

anyways like a lovecraft protagonist my curiosity is overriding my apprehension and now I want to see cats regardless of the consequences

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Stairmaster posted:

Rogue one would have been better if they hadn't cut out all of forest whittakers scenes

also if the movie slowed down for like one second to develop any of the characters at all

everyone dying would have had more weight if i gave a poo poo about any of them

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Maclunkey

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

the movie is basically a parody of liberal war propaganda that takes it so far that libs can feel something is wrong but can't overcome the contradictions in their brain so it makes them uncomfortable

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

also its a very fun and entertaining movie which makes libs even more uncomfortable since it doesn't have a flashing sign that humans are the bad guys

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

art? more like fart

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

the midnight gospel has extreme psychedelics-guy energy. It has an interesting premise but it's ruined by the absolute pablum in the interviews

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

you should give Person of Interest a shot, its a recent show but manages to be mostly episodic w/ some minor serial elements, its good

person of interest owns, especially when it starts to really dive into the sci-fi implications of its premise

I like the neuromancer references with the pay phones and root’s storyline as well

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Jocoserious posted:

Finally got around to seeing Children of Men. Fantastically frightening in 2020 but can't help but wonder if the British freedom fighters going all circular firing squad before being supplanted by kind hearted immigrants with Lenin statues makes it a Maoist Third Worldist film :v:

I mean all of those immigrants just get bombed and killed at the end

which is pretty accurate to reality but not really MTW being fulfilled

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

*witnesses the entirety of human history* “hmm let me help humans develop a source of energy magnitudes greater than anything they currently possess during a world spanning conflict”

august 6, 1945: “whoops”

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Feldegast42 posted:

The movie ended up pretty good but yeah I wouldn't mind a LOTR style extended edition with that stuff in it

Started re-reading the book recently and it's interesting to compare to the movie (which I enjoyed).

The book definitely has a lot more exposition although the movie has like 20 minutes of story before the gom jabbar scene while the book goes to it almost immediately. You don't really need to extend that scene though since Paul basically summarizes everything from the book in a few sentences in the movie.

I would be interested in an extended cut but as is I feel like the movie is a pretty good adaptation of the book.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Duncan Idaho

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I saw the first Blade Runner in a movie theater a few years ago and it was amazing. Much better than watching on a TV or computer screen. Although since it was Blade Runner there was only like 15 people in the theater and nobody was audibly reacting lol

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Lady Militant posted:

i don't care about the movies or jedi's or w/e i just like battledroids they are cool

this

I only really cared about the military scifi parts of star wars and that was mainly through the original battlefront games which I played a ton of as a kid and the original non-CGI clone wars cartoon which owned

don't care about the space monks just give me more cool battles between robots and faceless soldiers

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

can’t believe they’ve finally made a good Star Wars since Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2005)