Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the pride blames Scar for the drought, much like a certain other misunderstood world leader...

Mao?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Fred Flinstone is a misogynist and a bootlicker but he’s not as bad as George Jetson

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

lol this is straight up 1950s talking points about the USSR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXeYHgqCgDg

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Prometheus is alien as a golden age sci-fi throwback and does awe of the unknown incredibly well. characters are secondary to the concepts and I’d reckon if there were more complete characterization (other than Fassbdnder’s robot) the movie wouldn’t work as well

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the best Sufjan record is Seven Swans and his electro oriented stuff lacks the same kind of depth as the banjo albums

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I’m a sucker for slow burns but Eisenbergs good in Night Moves as a radical ELF-esque environmentalist opposite Dakota Fanning and Peter Saarsgard

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
this is the type of stuff dude is usually known for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCNsx_NyNOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
All the studios looking for an expanded universe while Soulcalibur/Tekkens sitting right there!!!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eBIHO1Hl9U

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

My favorite one was one I saw today, not only did the dude use the ice cream machine, he loaded his mixture up with high proof alcohol before he tried to ice cream it!

Ice cream and risotto. Every. drat. Time.

I’ve seen multiple of these where the person adds nuts or other hard ingredients into the initial mix loving up their whole poo poo. rookie mistake smdh

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
imo SNL stays relevant despite being horrifically milquetoast because at this point it’s an institution. so many people in entertainment, politics and the news media have either been on the show, parodied by it or know folks involved with it personally. hell, Trump livewatched it multiple times making it one of his few non-fake news interests. latest episode was completely bland which is kind of what you expect from John “literally in the CIA” Krasinski but that being said the Twins sketch made me laugh. it’s a good illustration of the way absurdist humor can be performed successfully while purely referential humor (what if Ratatouille but sex) is usually a bust. also their scatalogical stuff was better in the 90’s and 2000’s with the uncontrolled vomiting sketches

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I saw the first two Evangelion Rebuild movies. Basically just longform ads for canned coffee imo. The psychedelic rainbow effects were a nice touch though

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
You got Willem Dafoe in your movie and you don’t make him the Joker? smdh

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
adapt Red Son imo

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

double negative posted:

love to organically connect w/ my fans

that last one seems like a threat

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Still hosed up he doesn’t get a medal after the Death Star explodes

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the best right wing film is war horse

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I watched Signs a couple days ago and I still can’t figure out the point of Merrill going into the army recruiters office other than to have said recruiter expound on the aliens possible tactical motives and for Michael Showalters weird burnout character who never appears again (and who’s also enlisting?) to state backstory we can pretty much infer from the rest of the movie. It doesn’t really jive with the fact he’s specifically staying at the farm to take care of the kids and his brother Mel Gibson. Tonally it clashes with the shopkeeper who believes the alien invasion is a soda corp psy op and the pharmacy worker who says douchebag a bunch. it can’t even be argued that he’s just wasting time because you see him looking at the pamphlet during the next home scene. Seems weird to include the army character when before and after we’re exclusively focusing on characters who live relatively insular lives

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

you could probably make a decent jekyll and hyde movie if you adapted the story so that hyde is redpilled jekyll and jekyll refuses to do anything about it because he loves feeling like a chad but is too embarrassed to admit it

but alas such a concept does not lend itself well to a shared universe where jekyll is basically an olde tyme hulk

that’s just the nutty professor

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Rewatched Polanski’s Carnage and I can’t help but feel like the two couples come cut from pretty much the same cloth. Look at the apartment everything’s set in - John C Reilly has a full bar and there are expensive art books, beautiful rugs and furniture. Yeah Waltz is a high powered lawyer but imo the differences between them are way less than presented through the dialogue

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Spring Breakers is awesome. I saw it in theaters at a completely empty showing except for me, my friend and a handful of creepy looking men who I can only assume post here.

I last saw Strangelove on mushrooms and never realized how funny and how homoerotic it is

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ViNDbKJlzg

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I was just reading some letters between Howard and Lovecraft from the early 1930s and let me tell you they were not fans of Jews

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Craig Kilborn

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Stairmaster posted:

i dont understand the theater handjob. you gonna walk around with cum in your underpants or what

yes

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the tentacle monster in the mist is kind of cheesy but the sense of dread is top notch regardless. the bad cgi is a lot less distracting in the black & white version

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
TV on the Radio is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmPO5epXP9I

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
My Neighbor Chewbacca

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
the opening to Coonskin is really good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HRHhOXBGic

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
RIP Andrew Callaghan - he never scored!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
no it’s as the guy who gets punched in fight club

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
where’s my the last starfighter expanded universe???

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Yep. I’m Not There has Richard Gere and Heath Ledger playing different aslects of Dylan (iirc they never actually say Bob Dylan in the whole movie). It’s not amazing but it makes for a better biopic then the standard rock star rises - gets addicted to drugs - had a comeback narrative and it’s not as saccharine as something like Across the Universe

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
shout out Color Out of Space

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Monsters Hospice Care

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Sufjan X

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1B9Fk_SgI0

this ones pretty good. I don’t think he’s a one hit wonder. I wish they could get Chevy Chase back but considering he considers the writing beneath him and his animosity with literally everyone else involved I’d say it’s a fat chance. He’d be an excellent movie villain though

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I watched through most of x-files season one

I liked the one with the dude under the stairs a lot. Scully is kind of inconsistent with how much of skeptic she’s portrayed as through the episodes

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
“I am become death, destroyer of worlds”

*funny dog puts its paws over its eyes in embarrassment*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
He loses his cool in John Q when he takes the hospital hostage. Then he tries to take his heart out to give to his dying son which imo is a pretty cool thing