Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Patriot is the best spy show ever made and it's a shame that no one watched it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I was skeptical they could top Aubrey Plaza as the Shadow King in the first season but Navid Negahban absolutely knocked it out of the park. He is by far the best part of seasons 2 and 3.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

i say swears online posted:

i started it, on ep 6. it better pick up because i hate the cult

Season 1 is pretty rough but seasons 2 and 3 are some of the best television of all time.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I wouldn't date anyone who reads books, either.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Selina Meyer is definitely a dem but they never actually say democrats or republicans in the show.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

We're not going to get a conclusive answer to who would win in a fight (it would be Godzilla, though) before Godzilla and King Kong team up to kill something bigger and that's terrible.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

this is why im curious i dont think ive ever seen anyone cite started a movie but didnt finish it statistics before even though this data is definitely being collected

my guess is it just correlates with length and tv shows have much worse rates than movies for this reason some yahtzee video i saw years ago mentioned a study that said only twenty percent of people ever finish a video games story mode which seems plausible

Just looking through some of the global steam achievements of games I own, that seems to check out, with most games I looked at somewhere in the 15-25% range. Even Superhot, a game you can finish in like 90 minutes, only has 50% completion on the high end and some super long RPGs like Pathfinder: Kingmaker have sub 10% completion rates.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

indigi posted:

has Amazon made (not acquired or co-produced) a good show yet? Bosch maybe?

Patriot.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Stormfront calls an Asian character a "loving yellow bastard" but doesn't drop the n word or anything.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

i'd seen some references to a bts meal, but i actually went into a mcdonalds today and it was just ten nuggets and two dipping sauces and no pictures of or reference to what bts actually is and now im not sure who i pity more, the employees who have to try to explain what bts is or the customers trying to understand the answer

I don't think "Korean Pop Group" is that hard of a concept to explain or understand.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I liked Brick as a teenager but I have no idea how it holds up.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Was Verhoeven's lesbian nun movie any good?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

Halo fan opinion will mostly depend on Cortana's outfit.

was any of the stuff about master chief being the product of an unethical child soldier program meant to put down human rebels in the first three games. seems like they are leaning heavy into that part of the franchise.

That was in the books that came out around the time of the first game but none of that stuff was in the first 3 games.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Bring back matte paintings in film.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I hope that means he got the pay raise and didn't just cave to fan backlash.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Part of the appeal of Travelers is the low budget Canadian sci fi charm.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Atlanta Season 3 is good so far.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Genres aren't real.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Twigand Berries posted:

Hey. Let me walk you through the Donnelly nut spacing and crack system rim-riding rip configuration. Using a field of half-C sprats, and brass-fitted nickel slits, our bracketed caps, and splay-flexed brace columns vent dampers to dampening hatch depths of one half meter from the damper crown to the spurve plinths. How? Well, we bolster twelve husk nuts to each girldle-jerry, while flex tandems press a task apparatus of ten vertically composited patch-hamplers. Then, pin-flam-fastened pan traps at both maiden-apexes of the jim-joist.

Patriot is so good.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

Was Fringe good?

It takes a while to find its footing and even once it does, the quality of the standalone episodes are pretty mixed, but it has a lot of heart and John Noble is fantastic.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

They should finish The Expanse instead.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I love Dougie Jones.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Lol at sneaking a tv show on there.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The alien stuff in The Expanse sucks.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I watched the Matrix at ~8 and the scene where Neo's mouth gets fleshed over really hosed me up.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Eastbound is probably my least favorite of the McBride/Hill shows, but I can't understand not liking it at all if you like the others.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I started watching Warrior and this show owns.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

The actors being 30 and looking like it is an important part of the teen sex comedy genre.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

It was all Walt Tremblay's fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Sorry, the only Powers I have room for in my life is Kenny.