Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I reckon a double showing of sorry to bother you, followed by parasite, should get most lib friends down with class struggle, and the importance of stabbing your boss

Also, yes minister owns even if its creators are libertarian trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Some Guy TT posted:

i miss the days when superhero movies were self consciously stupid and all the people involved realized there was nothing they could do to change that so they just hammed it up at every opportunity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZl69yk5lEY

todays ironically stupid superhero movies are just obnoxious as all hell because they still expect us to switch gears and start crying at a moments notice because the vague father figure that made sarcastic quips just heroically sacrificed himself over contrived bullshit

the only thing i've enjoyed in any of the MCU movies was tom hiddleston as loki, because he seemed to be hamming it up constantly, and generally looked like he thought everything was real dumb

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/catcontentonly/status/1216037787327025152?s=19

Lol i didnt know that was what it was about

gently caress america

Miss Saigon is just a musical theater version of Madama Butterfly set in Vietnam, right? so yes it's going to be real racist

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Over Easy posted:

the weather was kind of poo poo the last couple weeks so I tried watching the hobbit movies for the first time

extended editions and all

complete loving garbage

it felt flimsy

it was like watching the santa clause vs the santa clause 3

you can see the dimensions of the sets, the limits of the cartoon characters and environments

lotr did a good job using cgi to embelish a shitload of craftsmanship and design work, the hobbit did not

there was one part of the barrel ride scene that looked like cellphone video a dad would take on the flume ride at 6 flags

just loving raw poo poo

also the story made no sense as an arching 3 film narrative

I was not hooked

could have been a really great 2.5 hour movie

lotr was also complete loving garbage

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
The thick of it just continues the libertarian contempt of politicians and civil servants from yes minister

Though I guess yes minister shat on unions and the thick of it just ignores left wing stuff because its focus is on blarites, Tories and Nick Clegg

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
The acting in the expanse is ok until they're doing dubbed stuff during action sequences where they appear to have been given no direction for the scene

Also just got to S2 and I'm really struggling with the kiwi accent

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Alan Silvestri is a hack and the marvel movie soundtracks are particularly awful, though I kinda enjoy Ramin djawadi's iron Man score because it's so ridiculous

Maybe Ragnarok had ok music

Also Hans Zimmer loving sucks

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Dr. Killjoy posted:

zimmer's actually a brand of his own a la Tom Clancy, he has a whole company with underlings trained to output his flavor of BWONG BURRMM

That's why I say he loving sucks

Weirdly Zimmer supposedly orchestrated djawadi's iron man soundtrack but I find that hard to believe

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
The best thing about the first matrix movie is how insanely camp it is

Weaving eating scenery in every scene really carries it all

Morpheus's reaction face at Trinity bringing neo back to life is amazing, his reaction to their moment on the rooftop after the chopper crash is superb

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Don't look up would have been way better if the president was a democrat chronically incapable of doing anything except what they're told by the Zuckerberg/thiel/musk character. Meryl streep's lady trump and Jonah hill were quite funny though I guess

Ideologically a trash film but it still had very funny moments, timotheé chalemet turning up as a dirtbag anarchist evangelical was pretty great

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
lin manuel miranda is only capable of writing the same garbage earworm song over and over, anything good he's been part of is the result of other musicians, eg. Moana is good because of Opetaia Foa'i

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

everyone involved in creating this should probably be summarily executed for the good of humanity

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Can't stop loling at the repeated shots of Batman's jackboots in this movie

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

is anyone still watching the His Dark Materials show? i liked season1 okay but i couldn't really penetrate season2. it felt kinda boring. i see theres now yet another, is it better?

Lin Miranda makes it unwatchable

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Atrocious Joe posted:

Cavill almost missed Snyder calling him to offer the role of Superman because he was playing World of Warcraft

He's been a terminal gamer for over a decade

Cavill might be an rear end in a top hat misogynist but lol there's no way that suddenly happened because of gaming between filming S1 and 2 of the Witcher

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

a strange fowl posted:

peter jackson pilfered ralph bakshi's work shot by shot and then tried to deny he'd ever seen bakshi's lotr. he's a wastrel and i'm glad the hobbit happened to him

More and more people saying Jackson is a union busting, plagiarizing piece of poo poo

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

sitchensis posted:

luckily this character doesn’t agree with either system, as he is but a simple contractor. Who is he to say whether one system — which brought about the downfall of human civilization as we know it — or another, which gave him literally a free house in paradise, is good? he is wise and centrist.

Joel is also an insanely violent psychopath, so if the writers intend for the audience to agree with his position, kmao

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

nonathlon posted:

Agreed. One perceptive review of Saltburn noted that it's a film by a rich person on how rich people are kinda hosed up but it's not their fault.

Saltburn, probably accidentally, demonstrates that the only way to separate rich people from their wealth is to infiltrate their palaces and murder them

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

starkebn posted:

I really enjoyed watching the pieces of poo poo in "The Curse", you don't have to think the characters are good people to have fun watching them.

i can only watch the curse in 5 min chunks because nathan fielder manages to be so repulsive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Some Guy TT posted:

i mainly find it funny that a person could watch the first season of true detective and think that the message was supposed to be dudes rock

this is a show where a woman sexually assaults her husbands best friend to bully him into a divorce and his response looking back is yeah i dont blame her youre a loving prick and you deserved it

one of the lines of the shows is basically 'you need bad dudes to keep the other even worse dudes at bay', i don't think you're meant to identify with rust's edgy atheism unless you're a dumb edgy atheist

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

There was a conspiracy to protect the guy from consequences but there wasn't a conspiracy to do the things he did

isn't one of the early points that there are so many children who disappeared from the religious schools that it's almost guaranteed that other high level people were in on the murdering and abuse