Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol... the ty peppar saga from 11 years ago... i... honestly think fyad bullied him to suicide via wikipedia edits....

mysterious frankie posted:

An interest in analysis isn’t a problem, but smg was always so patronizing and their success at targeting people with weaker rhetorical skill than themselves who would take the bait then flame out arguing self defensively about, like, Gamer came off as alternatingly cruel and tedious.

The only truly great thing smg ever did in my estimation was when they got trained to fyad for a while and successfully wore them out during a time when they were still open, active and could Voltron up anywhere in the forums to drag just about anyone if they felt like it. Watching them flail against smg in full chatbot mode was much funnier to me than seeing some credulous dipshit who thought Office Space was the height of cinema descend into madness arguing with a Pervert’s Guide to Ideology soundboard.

absolutely incredible reinterpretation of events in this post lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lol... the ty peppar saga from 11 years ago... i... honestly think fyad bullied him to suicide via wikipedia edits....

Mr Hootington posted:

I pine for the days when action movies crippled or killed extras and stuntmen.

didnt deadpool 2 kill a woman with a motorcycle stunt?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i watch every movie from start to finish and i make sure to stand and salute during the credits

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

FFT posted:

watching Stardust again, starring Daredevil as the main character and Superman as the bully

funny how that works out

i watched this the other day and wondered why they both looked so familiar lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

babypolis posted:

this is an insane take to me. BvS is one of the most miserable watching experiences of my life. that movie drains the souls out of you. id rather watch ironman 2 over it

yeah bvs is really bad and im a snyder apologist

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Farm Frenzy posted:

i will not watch the video but she is right

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

im not going to spoil this because the movie is so stupid but the funniest part was when Jax got his arcana which is apparently "making skinny robot arms into thicc robot arms"

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

yeah galaxy quest ftw

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

excuse me

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

DesertIslandHermit posted:

There are seriously 4 loving Marvel movies to come out this year. And then 4 more the next year. It's unbearable.

I am looking forward to Thor 4 and Guardians 3 but I'm tapping out after.

so you're tapping out sometimes mid 2023?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

indigi posted:

there’s four Marvel movies this year?? when do they start coming out? what even are they

black widow july
shang chi september or october i think
eternals november
uhh spider man maybe december? i hate that i even know this much

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i was still right mostly. so thats a win in the book of fail

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

eternals is also opening a week or possibly even a month early in India, which is an interesting choice given current events

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

drat horror queefs posted:

Hot take: the only good mission impossible movie was #2, the rest are utter trash. (MI2 is trash also but good trash)

good thing it's opposite day or i'd take you to task for this one

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

MI2 is so bad. Most importantly it has the worst tom cruise hair of the entire series and slightly less importantly john woo became an extremely lovely director once he came to hollywood

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

switch 2 and 3 for MI but yeah

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Low Desert Punk posted:

Face/Off is his best movie tho

its hard boiled but i forgot about face/off so i have to asterisk my statement from now on

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

thatfatkid posted:

Holy gently caress what is wrong with you people?

far better taste than you is a disease and we all have a terminal case

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i don't like the guy's movies but respect for this response when all the marvel ones were loving insane

https://twitter.com/forcemarker/status/1395414164303237127

lol snyder rules

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

he owns and you're being very negative and unchill actually

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Judakel posted:

He had total control over army of the dead and results are mixed.

they always are. that's why he's so effective

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i dont hate snyder and would rather watch his absolutely insane trash before another marvel movie, but 300 is still one of the worst movies i have ever seen; ugly, boring, for morons, etc

I saw it really high in theaters and there’s so much slow motion it was like watching a bodybuilding powerpoint slideshow

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

you fool. I watch them to remain a baby intellectually

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Blood Boils posted:

Ok, daddio

Anyone got some recs

i watched eXistenZ again last week and i liked it a lot more than when I was a teen and didn't really "get" it. ive also grown to appreciate Cronenberg a lot in that time and i think it was the first movie of his I had ever watched

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

ugh

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

literally the only bad thing anyone has ever said about his set environment was that one dude whining about how uncouth it was to be told “put on your 9/11 faces” when filming the opening of beavis

also that's pretty good direction because everyone instantly knew what he meant lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Wow, I never thought about it, but you're right.

Okay, followup: who came up with 'last film in a series is unjustifiably split into two movies', because that's who I want to go back in time and kill.

harry potter films

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

The Marvel movies are bad and youre all mad at them--that's okay, I'll still keep watching that garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

i am proud of him for getting big muscles and small balls