Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
hot take: kutcher and milas were the only good 'teenage' characters on that 70s show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just watched the oscar winning animated short film from 1970 and it is pure boomer, white moderate trash for centrist idiots, narrated by Orson Welles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM2KvijwlNE

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

vyelkin posted:

realtalk i will always appreciate tina fey to some extent bc mean girls is a cultural treasure

i always thought liz "why arent more women on death row" lemon was a parody of woke white feminism but now im not so sure that wasnt just an exaggeration of her actual politics.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Percelus posted:

the best musical is les miserables come @ me

:wrong: its actually phantom of the paradise

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

redneck nazgul posted:

The people are asking to hear my voice ..

For the country is facing a difficult choice.

And if you were to ask me who I’d promote …

Jefferson has my vote.

lmbo

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Farm Frenzy posted:

its weird that the bond franchise has been so big for 60 years without there being an equivalent to empire strikes back that everyone can point to as actually good

its From Russia With Love

and like star wars the series only has like a 20% success rate

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm an insufferable film dork but cined is completely unreadable to me

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the only weak buster scruggs vignette was the liam neeson one. i want a full on tex avery/tim blake neslon/singing cowboy feature

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the episode is basically just pretending that the attack helicopter crowd are actually making nuanced points when they Just Ask Questions like "well but what if lebron decided to identify as a woman and play in the WNBA"

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the best movie of the decade was HyperNormalization, followed by spider man enter the spidervers

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

uber_stoat posted:

I really do think that show was funny out of the gate but I can't think of any other show that's been ruined so thoroughly by its idiot fan base. you can't admit you watch it because they'll think you're one of them. and the Elon thing is of course inexcusable.

thankfully the show got popular at the exact same time it got bad

i cant think of another comedy show with such a sharp decline that wasnt due to cancellations or w/e like futurama

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't think they exist at all post 9/11. The last one I can think of is Small Soldiers lmao

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Umbrella Academy was crazy good and it pisses me off that nobody talks about it.

same but Dark

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
It is a hard show to recommend when i don't even want to spoil the entire premise. Just trust me it's good!

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
unironically tlj and empire are the only good star wars movies

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

wrong

it’s a new hope, empire, ROTJ

that’s it

TLJ has a your momma joke as the opening.

lol honestly idg how in the world anyone likes RotJ. It's basically every criticism of the sequels but with even more egregious toy marketing and plot retreads.

My favorite part of ep6 is when they took a fan favorite bounty Hunter and killed him off with a three stooges ladder gag

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even Porgs Started Small

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zatoichi is great because there's like 2 dozen of them and they are all identical and all of them own.

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i remember someone making a post how the Sorting Hat is a phrenologist and ive never been able to stop thinking about it

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
iirc that movie literally coined MILF

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
extremely late but Bad Day at Black Rock is v good. Though as far as noirish westerns go I will always go with Johnny Guitar. If you want another all around quintessential film noir that ticks all the boxes like Double Indemnity, check out Where the Sidewalk Ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
ok maybe I will watch the Cats