Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
lol she got two seven figure book deals based on what amounts to real-life plagiarism. that story is grotesque and I hope the lady it was based off can take her for everything she got out of it

changing such obvious, conspicuous details is borrowing from IRL 101! the fact that she didn't change anything is utterly bizarre and makes the whole thing one of the more terrible 'wunderkind novice turns out to be a plagiarist' sagas I can remember

What's somewhat interesting though is this notion of authenticity that seems be be required in fiction. roupenian said she based it on her own life and, let's be honest, she wouldn't have got all the Internet buzz if she said she just made it up (and certainly wouldn't had she ever said she based it on someone else's life without their consent, especially to twist it how she did)

there was a similar thing a while back with a YA author who was promoted as this authentic indian-american starlet of writing her experience with a six figure advance and so on, only for it to turn out that her 'authentic experience' was lifted word for word in some paragraphs from another YA author.

that fact she didn't change those details and then describes it as her own experience is what does my head in. okay, all authors lie about their work, but there's white lies to get published and the hustle and lies like THAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Puppy Galaxy posted:

plagiarism seems like a huge stretch.

If it was a fictional story, it would be seen as plagiarism - the really obvious commonalities in location and appearance is how that sort of thing is basically determined even if the prose is different or been fiddled with to try and hide it. the opal mehta incident kinda demonstrated this with a passage that while the names and places were different, the general structure was the same and the exact same numbers showed up in the same places, if my memory is right.

it's not a fictional story but it's still a story, still one that didn't belong to the author, and one she has openly said was based on an experience she had which she had to know was a lie. it really isn't a stretch. the complicating factor is that it isn't a fictional copyrighted thing -- plagiarism isn't what gets you in trouble in the writing world, but the copyright infringment that results. plagiarism is a breach of ethics and I'd drat sure say that applies to the author of cat person.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

sexpig by night posted:

but the entire thing of plagiarism is stealing someone else's work they've done and cat lady didn't write some thing about...being a cat lady...before this. Like, I completely agree ethically lying about someone's life being yours is insane and bad but plagiarism needs something more concrete than just 'I did that' as the thing they stole, right?

it's more complicated than that. plagiarism is where you take words or ideas that aren't your own and present them as if they were, either as a whole or in part of another work. that is to say, you do not acknowledge your sources and do not attribute them properly. this, of course, runs into the problem of human storytelling and being inspired by what came before, which is why authors tend to get hit with copyright infringment (if anything, typically they just get kicked out and blacklisted.)

is it plagiarism? no, but very few things are outside of academia. but it is still a violation and a serious breach of ethics on the part of an author. and I think most people agree that some form of violation has taken place, although no one is really sure what.

you're right that cat lady didn't write an existing work. however, one can hardly say that borrowing so much of her life and so obviously while saying it was based on your experiences is not too dissimilar from the act of plagiarism. it's defended only by, really, too murky precepts of creative writing. one, that it's okay to be inspired by whatever you see and, two, great artists steal.

but both of those things have a corrolally -- make sure no one finds out. be inspired by everything you see, but change the details so someone won't pick up your book and go, well, hang on. steal all the ideas you want, but, again, not in such a way that people recognise what you've stolen.

in a lot of fiction, plagiarism versus inspiration can be a very murky line and, as a writer, I tend to see a lot of books out there that stray more into 'borrowing heavily' than i ever would. in a lot of cases of plagiarism and infringment, the prosecution thereof tends to be hampered by the act of proving that the accused read the text in the first place. which is why those little details are so odd, because they are proof that the writer was very familiar with the subject matter.

in this case, though, the subject matter wasn't a book or an article or anything, but someone's life and maybe whatever story was told to the author by someone else. which she took and said this is mine and made money and a career off it. it's an issue born from how the act of storytelling these days is rooted in originality and lived authenticity. if a story has to be authentic, and im a novice author, what's the harm in just taking what happened to someone else and saying it happened to me? who knows! but i'd argue it's the sort thing you do because, in the back of your mind, you know it's safe. if you did that with something published, you'd never write again.

The other thing is that the excerpts from roupenian's note reads very similar to what some authors have said when they've been caught plagiarizing. 'it was a jumping off point... I was careless... It want my intention... I wasn't ready for the amount of attention the story received...' roupenian claims she has to draw a line between her life and her fiction? well, what about alexis nowicki's life?

it's grotesque and the only thing saving roupenian is that no one is willing to sit up and go, well, hang on, you can't just do something like that -- this isn't a case of artistic inspiration, this is you leaning on someone else's life for your own benefit without mentioning it. roupenian lied multiple times about cat person, she knew what she was doing, and she knew why she had to do it, otherwise she'd have been honest in the first place.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
along these lines, think of those disclaimers in movies and games about how it is a work of fiction and any similarities are coincidental -- creative people are absolutely aware of the tension and the problems that arise from 'borrowing' from real life, and it's another indicator that just makes it hard to swallow that roupenian just-so-happened to do this and didn't do it with any kind of awareness of what she was doing.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

i think the gray area is mainly due to hype versus the work itself because while i had read the story when it was new i was unfamiliar with the hype and the story by itself without the hype context is pretty unremarkable as far as plagiaristic intent goes

there's definitely that element. I think a lot of the plagiarism cases in fiction tend to involve someone who has been hyped up beyond their station, for lack of a better term, which means you've got an author - usually new to the industry - struggling to not feel like an imposter and a lot of people actually examining their work. most people aren't familiar enough with works to spot plagiarism. i know the last time I got involved in a discussion about it I've had editors mention that they think it's far more prevalent, it just doesn't get caught because no one is looking.

I've also always been of the mindset that plagiarism is more of a mindset than an act, which is why I don't think it's a simple as 'well, she didn't take from a book.' Kevin Young's Inside the Mind of a Plagiarist is a very interesting read, and it touches on the Opal Mehta controversy I mentioned earlier. Another interesting case is the story of QR Markham who plagiarised a lot of Bond novels for his 'instant classic' debut novel and got discovered and talked about it all in the New Yorker.

Markham's novel was such a plagiarised beast that it was almost a literary mashup accomplishment in and of itself that it bordered on some kind of postmodern performance art - but he'd presented it as his own work, his own ideas, and his own writings. even the author's penname had been lifted from a bond novel!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Dr. Killjoy posted:

:classiclol:
https://twitter.com/slytherinus/status/1413556375104507913?s=20
really puts it into perspective on the last minute media push that dudebros weren't going to like the movie

can't see it

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
Lol @ people having not seen the gits movie where putting a Japanese brain into a ScarJo body is an explicit plot point and terrible thing done by a western corporation for bigger profit robots

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

skooma512 posted:

Did it have any points about internalized racism like how even POC default to white as the standard for beauty?

there's a bit where a poc sex worker has, from memory, artificial white lips/jaw/mouth. so, maybe?

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

if i can't gently caress a twi'lek/stormtrooper/c3po then what's the POINT

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
"use your godlike powers to create the world circa 2020-2021" is kinda hilarious

i mean i liked the film but lmao when gendo was like in my world there's no division, no war, no poverty, no greed and to have THAT be the counter argument mmmmmmmm yesssss anno

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

incredible piece of investigative journalism on well known tv actress & psychopath, lena dunham

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1427833875200450560

it's kinda funny how so many of these characters who were clearly kinda weird and shifty go through a period of being unquestionable no matter what they do or say, and by the time stuff like this comes out...

edit: see also the person who is lowtax's new co-writer or whatever lmao

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 00:47 on Aug 19, 2021

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Some Guy TT posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveStuWill/status/1430123814659125256

youtube is a virus and i dont mean that metaphorically

goes well with that new surge in tulpa stuff. i work in education and this stuff has been known for a few years, whole peer groups coming down with weird things like this via social media.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Tubgoat posted:

Care to elaborate? My buddy and I have been looking into developing magical psychoses and it sounds interesting.

the first part of this article is an okay primer: https://www.garbageday.email/p/the-post-otherkin-identity-play-of

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

skooma512 posted:

Tulpas were kinda interesting to see as someone who kinda already did that, but I felt that maladaptive daydreaming was more descriptive of the problem.

i think it's basically that, yeah, but the increasing prevalence of not just social media but social media that makes it easier to put forward a different you via filters and such means that kids are, essentially, creating a world where the avatar is more 'real' than the person behind it even to themselves. there was an article on it that i didn't save and can't find. i'd also say it has roots in just how disaffected kids are today in the sights of climate change, capitalism, etc. it's weird/sad stuff.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
it just does my head in to watch all the things that people made fun of, mocked, or generally regarded as the worst of the worst nerd poo poo back when i was growing up going increasingly mainstream and monetized and seemingly being successful.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
legend of korra got hobbled because they thought they were only getting one season, then they kept getting one more season, so it's like every season feels like it's ushering in something new, and then they have all these bad guys who are all basically Amon

that and the whole society in republic society is maddeningly unclear. all benders occupy positions of power and/or are criminal thugs, except for the ones who work as humanoid generators in factory and live on the streets which get mentioned exactly once. there's so much good stuff in korra, a story about an avatar dealing with really complex situations, and benders dealing with a society that can replicate their feats -- all great stuff. but goddamn the execution just stumbles so much. bolin and mako feel like they just have nothing to do. asami just keeps having 'oh no, my father figure is corrupt' stories.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Good soup! posted:

Wrt Korra, I think I said it before but one of my biggest problems is that it upped the stakes entirely too high early on with the second season, so much so that every antagonist afterwards doesn't seem anywhere close to the same threat

When your villain is an ancient evil spirit tied directly to the original avatar that wants to usher in a world of horrible darkness, Henry Rollins and his band of kind of threatening henchmen who want to just gently caress poo poo up seems uhhhh not nearly as threatening

If you're going to do something that loving big, that should be something you just go out on, imo

the stuff about the original avatar, come to think of it, was another of those weird things where it felt like they didn't get enough time to workshop and implement whatever idea they had. the original avatar was a wukong-esque trickster character? oh, no, he was actually a really nice dude. spirits and men are in conflict? where did the spirits come from? they seem really attached to our world, and first avatar guy's plan is to kick them all back to the spirit world, and then unalaq's plan is to bring them all back. is unalaq righting an ancient wrong? is the vision korra gets just a self-aggrandizing account of the first avatar? did the first avatar make a bad call? given the season ends with korra being like, hey, spirits and humans have to share this place it kind of supposes that he did? but none of these connections are ever drawn.

also the first avatar guy totally banged the weird kite squid spirit

meanwhile, james corden makes me think of that one weird, annoying chubby kid in school who no one liked but he's somehow managed to become some kind of superstar.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Dreylad posted:

i think disney stumbled into it with the last jedi, or maybe earlier than that, realized that they could feed their young actors with basically no clout or recourse to whichever side hated the movie, then flipped flopped on which movie would appeal to whom and if you want to get more conspiratorial (but I totally believe it) pay some interns/influencers to go on social media to get mad about the movie to drive engagement over defending it or attacking it

once you hit critical mass then you've got nerds on youtube releasing 8 hour videos on your two hour movie and they'll eat up the next bit of content that seems to be you giving into their consumer demands

mad max fury road was the first time i remember it appearing but i think that was legitimate because it was so minor and everyone just kind of thought it was a joke (also, fury road was a good movie.) last jedi and captain marvel edit: Avengers: Endgame were really obvious attempts at using culture war bullshit to drive engagement. remember those 'defeminized' torrents that showed up out of nowhere, with no one taking responsibility, like a week after the films came out? very obviously a disney inside job.

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 07:29 on Sep 1, 2021

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

The United States posted:

1) While many marketing strategies thrive on controversy and "engagement" is just a manifestation of it, given how well Star Wars worked out for them (or didn't) I'm not sure they were behind that, even with execs being stupid as hell.

disagree. everything about disney's work on star wars is basically a wonderful case study in making bad calls. they thought the brand was infallible. i think disney underestimated how people viewed star wars as a cultural landmark. and the one good thing they did, scrapping the EU and doing something new, fell over inside the first year or so because they basically did a speed run of the worst parts of the old EU. the fact that disney insisted that star wars had no previous stories to draw on (eg. avengers and comic books) and then just did Dark Empire: But Worse is also remarkable.

there's a difference between the little white cuck ball stuff which is just part and parcel of weird 4chan white supremacy poo poo, and the mysterious defeminized torrents of two contentious films that sprung up out ex nihilo, had dozens of think pieces written on them, and the release notes can't even get character names right like it's parodying someone instead of being by one of those someones. there wasn't any after endgame because even then people thought that the second 'chauvinist cut' was satire or parody. which seems to be an odd reason to stop doing that sorta thing if you actually thought that you had to 'defeminize' big-name movies, and weren't doing it as some kind of gambit to stoke the fires of idiots on the internet. "It's not working, people aren't buying it, they think it's a joke."

there's a saint's row reboot?

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
the saints row stuff is kinda interesting because what has been shown off makes me think the new one is going to be closer to saints row 2 than the third and fourth games, yet it seems people seem to see the third game as the standard. but the third game was filled with publisher-mandated whackiness, terrible writing, and some of the most offensive characters in the franchise.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
yeah, the actual scepticism of it should come from the fact that agents of mayhem was awful.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Serf posted:

well it's here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo

i mean why not. what's the worst that can happen

this looks bad but i can't really put my finger on the why

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
unfortunately for TLJ and its saddest stans, TFA very much established that rey had an important lineage. virtually every single character -- kylo, han, maz, leia, luke even -- all seem to know who she is. the TFA novel, which was supposed to be canon, pretty much stated that ren knew rey from something before. kind of like how the TLJ novel gave snoke a backstory that TROS just ran ramshod over lmao

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

mastershakeman posted:

Rogue one also has some crazy edits. I haven't seen it in a while but there's a bunch of oddly shot and edited scenes in the desert battle with saws troops vs imperials, where the studio said this looks too much like terrorists being the good guys and deleted a ton of poo poo.

They also deleted the main characters entire last and motivations and were like uh well, she was....in jail. Not doing bad stuff no sir

Hell, even TFA had crazy edits with Finn no longer being force sensitive and how all the maz Kanata stuff was supposed to involve him then suddenly didn't. There's a ton of smg posts on this based on rumors that came out of the production

tfa got cut to bits too, yeah. who was that cat-alien they cut who had a billion action figures made? there's a lot of stuff in TFA that feels like it was put in late, like a lot of the stuff with or about snoke. like the extremely awkward scene where snoke tells kylo ren his dad is han solo. the breakdowns SMG did with certain sequences being composed of various reshot stuff were really interesting. the controversy of them not making rey action figures was apparently because she didn't have a major role until everything was edited and reshot and she became the force sensitive protagonist and not finn.

that's apparently what happened to rogue one. originally it was darker with jyn being one of saw's people (in one of the early trailers she is brought to mon mothma in handcuffs) and the stuff that shows up in the trailers with her and cassian running along the beach was apparently removed too. there were going to be a few more vader scenes, too (again, one of them shows up in the trailer) but all of these were removed for better or worse.

oh, and everything about solo of course.

TLJ doesn't seem to have been cut up much, but there's some really obvious weird stuff in it (the magical disappearing knife, for example) apparently, a significant change was that it was poe and finn who were going to go to casino world. according to rian johnson, the two characters were 'too similar' (lol) and he invented rose. tbqh, that sounds like disney got cold feet because of finn/poe shipping memes (something which boyega and isaac have talked about trying to get into the film.) but if rose was a late invention, then holdo had to be as well. which explains why the whole mutiny plot is such a boring rip off of 33.

rise of skywalker was extensively messed up. someone on reddit leaked an accurate early summary of TLJ (the only thing missing from it was holdo and rose, which lines up with johnson's stuff that they were late additions) and they did the same with rise of skywalker. except the film only has some really broad stroke commonalities. remember that stuff about the doctor who guy playing a mystery role and being listed on the official disney cast page? he was apparently going to play either young palpatine or a sith guy that palpatine possessed. either way, it's likely he was removed and placed with ian mcdiarmid. mcdiarmid himself said he was only contacted to be in rise of skywalker like a year out from the premiere.

george lucas attended the premieres of TFA and TLJ but did not attend the premiere of rise of skywalker, which given it was some big anniversary end of the franchise deal always struck me as a fairly remarkable thing that no one commented on.

disney barred the guy who did making of star wars behind the scenes books from doing any more during the production of TFA, including for his own private blog, which i think says it all about how hosed the production was.

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 13:40 on Sep 11, 2021

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

This isn't true.

which part? the cinematic language that tells us that rey's parentage is a secret to the audience but not the characters in the movie, or the bits in the TFA novel where both rey and ren realize they've seen each other before and ren himself finally understands who she is when she pulls the saber ("it is you"), or the extended sections in the tlj novel where snoke reflects on sidious as someone else with a whole life that's incompatible with being grown in a vat and puppeted by palpatine? see, i'm stupid enough to have read both of them. you can even hop back a few years and look at people theorising on reddit based on the novels (which disney marketed as being part of one big story) and such only for TLJ to invalidate TFA and then TRoS to do the same.

edit: for bonus points we could throw in the infamous interview where rey blurts out that snoke is plagueis and jj abrams and lawrence kasdan do some of the most awkward 'poo poo poo poo poo poo' damage control ever recorded.

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 14:12 on Sep 11, 2021

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Ignorant Hick posted:

no silly you put it in fortnite

god star wars owns

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

mastershakeman posted:

The disappearing knife is the funniest loving thing in the entirety of the sequels. As long as you keep everything moving no one will notice! Reshoots are too expensive!

Too bad it's presented in YouTube videos of more if a blooper or mistake than a conscious choice by suits to not have the Mary Sue Disney princess have a moment of injury to fight through

yeah exactly, because it seems pretty clear she gets stabbed in the back and forced to the ground but then they just... erase the knife. but look at his fist and how Ridley is acting it!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
my favorite bit of sequel trilogy related trivia was some of the first stuff that came out about TFA with the opening shot being Luke's severed hand in space and the new republic having a superweapon they use to attack starkiller base. everyone shat all over it. obvious fake, obvious fake.

then when TROS did the bizarre Leia stuff with TFA outtakes I think JJ said they sourced stuff from scenes they shot involving that new republic superweapon, and maybe Mark Hamill mentioned that the first script he got had the stuff about Luke's hand?

I'd love to get an unvarnished account of what went on behind the scenes because the evidence indicates that the development and production of the sequel trilogy to the world's biggest franchise was a bit of a disaster.

like, Poe only survived the first film as he did because focus groups liked Oscar Isaac! try imagining even just TFA without Poe, how would the movie have gone? he was originally supposed to die in the TIE crash.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

The movie part. gently caress the novel.

oh you mean the multiple bits where characters are like 'who's the girl?' and there's a pause and a knowing look from the other person before we cut away? which is like really basic storytelling conventions implying a significant conversation or reveal that the audience isn't privy to?

pretty sure Hamill's even said he played his stuff at the end of TFA as if he's recognising her and knows who she is

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 15:13 on Sep 11, 2021

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

HootTheOwl posted:

So actually nothing except the hopes you, like the character projected onto?

rian johnson is never getting his trilogy, buddy. fly away troll

indigi posted:

the rest of the stuff is whatever but I don’t buy this even a little bit. Star Wars pumps out action figures for tertiary and quaternary characters all the time, her not having a major role doesn’t preclude them from making a figure for her. they would have had to add her character whole cloth in reshoots for me to believe this, and we know they didn’t

are you sure about that? we know that the scene where the lightsaber 'calls' to rey and is a story for another time was a late reshoot (originally, the vision was shared by her and finn.) if we go back to the sledgehammer leaked synopsis, which we know is true, then finn and rey are about the same prominence and a lot of things change such as rey not pulling the lightsaber to her but finn throwing it to her.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

indigi posted:

am I sure that the Rey character wasn’t invented and added in reshoots? yeah, I am

cool, that isn't what i said. there's enough proof to establish that she and finn were equivalent leads and that he was as force-sensitive as she was. the other stuff, which stems from before the previous bit, is that finn was the major protagonist with rey supporting. by the film we got, it's all been flipped. these changes presumably happened when harrison ford broke his leg and production halted for a time (which would link to the stuff from the sledgehammer synopsis saying that rey was his lost daughter, if they wanted to minimise his role in the film after the injury, and would conveniently link to the stuff in the novel like the "it is you" bit)

i know there's a whole culture war about these bad movies and people are really sensitive about the character but disney was cutting and editing these films to such an extent that they barred people from talking about the process as they had for every other star wars film. probably because if people figured out that boyega had a prominent role that was whittled down to nothing as early as TFA it'd be a different story to The First Ever Female Jedi.

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 02:31 on Sep 12, 2021

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

apparently people who worked with him are saying he's a piece of work, too. stuff like he only really gave a poo poo about asian-american stuff as far as it'd help his career and would step all over his cast members.

wonder if this is tied to rumors that the movie won't be launching in china or whatever. i always think about how disney threw the solo guy under the bus and blamed his 'bad acting' for the failure of the film before it even released, and then it turns out he was perfectly average in the film. kinda funny that he deleted the account in a panic but didn't note the stuff that says 'this will not delete the comments themselves' even those google extensions to automate the process of blanking and then deleting the comments.

Horizon Burning has issued a correction as of 10:35 on Sep 17, 2021

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
reddit gold for that post aaaaaaaah you can't make this up

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Serf posted:

decided to rewatch "the matrix" and its funny how the movie depicts this dark future where the machines are using humans as batteries, but given that we're on track to boil the planet so that oil executives can take home a few more dollars every quarter and the machines just want to keep us trapped in an eternal 1999 i say let the machines have a go. they can't do any worse than us

also the fight scenes are sick compared to the poo poo you see today. even in "the matrix reloaded" there's tons more care and effort put into the choreography than half the blockbuster action flicks we got now. the fights aren't full of messy cuts and actually flow really well

the stuff smith says about 1999 being the peak of human civilization feels so very accurate these days

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
what the gently caress is that telltale game animation lmao

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

she also shot down all those 'saved in the edit' people who credit her with basically saving star wars. she also hated episode 1 so much that she cried. basically, her comments are all really interesting.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
nah, i actually think they had it on the cards that she'd be a palpatine from the very first film, but they'd always intended it to be a big shocking Empire level revelation. similar to how snoke was obviously plagueis at some point. TLJ tried to tip over the stupid mystery boxes but it turns out abrams wouldn't be so easily undone. the whole 'rey palpatine' thing feels so perfunctory and meaningless that it really feels like abrams trying to fix 'his' story. kind of like how in the dark days of the old EU you had authors basically fighting over whether luke and mara jade were together for a few books. 'no, she's with lando in this one!' 'no, she's with luke!' 'LANDO!' 'LUKE!'

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

Dr. Killjoy posted:

with this and the Discord movie coming up Ready Player One is shaping up to look like a real goddamn cinematic masterpiece in comparison

https://twitter.com/thejoshl/status/1441833800397295616?s=20

jesus christ i thought the movie was bad based on the trailer but this is a whole other level of garbage

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Also we had two movies that feature the white house being attacked
White down down and Olympus has fallen.

Nobody is comparing those films to and January 6th attack on the capital

Although maybe biden will be kidnapped?
In National Treasure the President is kidnapped for a scene
The President is missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson

that's because everyone knows the january 6th attack wasn't actually an epic insurrection that the libs try to frame it as op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
"what if everything looked like rick and morty"