Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

why is the star wars account tweeting this, am i having a stroke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

gal gadot isn't even that hot why does she get cast in everything as "Epic hot women"

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Hodgepodge posted:

more to the point, why does ford do this to himself? doesn't he hate indy at this point?

ford has always liked indy more than han solo (which he wanted out of asap) and it's one of the few ford properties that people still recognize instantly (other than blade runner :v: )

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

an actual dog posted:

I'm not going to pretend it's secretly anti-nationalism or anything but the movie does make it look extremely absurd imo

yeah uh, it's been a while but i don't think master and commander made the british navy look like a particularly nice working environment!!

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Farm Frenzy posted:

i will not watch the video but she is right

i watched the video and she's right.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

indigi posted:

if dating apps are to be believed there are a lot of cute 20something Disney Guy ladies. they also love Harry Potter, The Office, and are fluent in sarcasm

the dating scene in orlando is a bleak nightmare you are correct

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

indigi posted:

this is Philly/NYC metro area lol

yah and it's worse in orlando. you've had to deal with lil chaos incursions while iv had to vibe in the eye of terror for most of college

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

KomradeX posted:

That sounds like a terrible idea. But like I said if they were smart

ehhhhhhhhh idk if anything could be adapted for viewing by a wider audience eisenhorn would be my third answer after the cain novels and ravenor novels lol

ravenor would be some unironic legit disabled rep would be p cool even if he's a giant LIB

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

KomradeX posted:

I think Cain has that option cause it's a war comedy and Cain is easily the most normal human as we know it, in 40k so I think more people could connect with it. But its been a long time since I read Eisenhorn so maybe I'm just being unfair

I think for this reason Eisenhorn/Ravenor would be easier to digest:

oscarthewilde posted:

i still like eisenhorn and ravenor more, mostly because the focus on the civilian side of the imperium is actually quite interesting.

specifically because they are grounded in worlds that are actually quite normal despite being in the fantastical WH40k universe. Eisenhorn drives around in a car, solves crimes, etc. Ravenor despite being a very powerful psyker with advanced inquisition tech still is heavily limited by how he was crippled so he has a team with skills to compensate for it. in a way they'd be a great way to introduce people to the setting before producing more WH40k tv series imo.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

ok fine mr picky we can talk about this one instead

https://twitter.com/yanisvaroufakis/status/1428335345008103424

yeeeah this whole sentiment is why i tend to think the next generation is overrated

whats wrong about that you moronic lemon

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

non interference is itself a deliberate policy that can and is weaponized usually in the form of sanctions and the entire ethical conflict of symbiosis is comically contrived the stupid idiot planet is too dumb to understand how addiction and opiates work and the prime directive arbitrarily prevents the federation from just telling them which isnt interference in any meaningful imperialistic sense

are you the guy whose career got ruined when picard wouldn't genocide the silicon aliens

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

indigi posted:

I want to gently caress the borg lady

LETS loving GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

uber_stoat posted:

-story spans 7000 years
-fight cool dinosaurs
-kingo
-superheroes make gently caress
-better than cats

cats is at least an original form of media marvel eternals is like the pure absence of originality

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

indigi posted:

this has always been my position (although I’m a bit more fond of them than this). yes the prequels are worse but acting like there’s some marked difference in quality between them and the OT is absurd

i think it's primarly because in the OT there is acting done by characters which blends in with the greater story and in the prequels everytime the WAR scenes start getting good they cut away to some rear end in a top hat talking about his FEELINGS gently caress off i wanna see clones n droids fight it's star wars imagine if instead of showing the battle for hoth they just showed like 15 seconds of rebels and stormtroopers shooting at each other in a snowstorm then 45 minutes of awful character drama.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

the fact that the prequals have resulted in an aboslutely massive amount of successful expanded universe content while the OT expanded universe stuff is some of the worst science fantasy ever to exist certainly is a fascinating phenomenon. the clone wars cartoons are some of the best serialized war fiction ever made imo

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

ok but the important thing is that we actually get to see the battle of hoth, is my point.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

i don't know why but for some reason most of the new trilogy ships n fighters look like dogshit. some of the new order capital ships look ok i guess. meanwhile basically everything in the clone wars owns

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

babypolis posted:

lets ban all star wars and zach snyder lovers from this thread they are truly the worst. just the most baby brained opinions and tastes imaginable

i don't care about the movies or jedi's or w/e i just like battledroids they are cool

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

indigi posted:

this is my review so far as well. I’m only on ep 3 but it seems very humorless and takes itself more seriously compared to the first season. this poo poo is supposed to be fun, where’s the fun

isn't the online series done by the original writer of the books who hated the way the videos games portrayed geralt?

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Yeah one of the unspoken problems with Harry Potter is it's so loving unimaginative. Most bottom-tier fantasy series had something resembling whimsy, just held back by generic plots and bad writing. Like in retrospect I should be banned from reading after enjoying the Myth Adventures books as a kid, but as wretched as they were at least it was about a crazy dimension-hopping trash wizard and his wise-cracking, green-scaled partner in crime. It was bad and stupid and probably all kinds of offensive, but it was vaguely interesting.

Harry Potter had bad writing, a generic plot AND all the magic was mainly used to recreate worse versions of real-world stuff. Modern day, no less.

same except i payed video games and the magic in them was way better than gay rear end harry potter magic.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sex & titillation worked for Game of Thrones because it's a dark fantasy about people making terrible choices for crass motivations. Tolkien's elves don't even like sex.

exactly thats why the LOTR universe is boring and sucks.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Zokari posted:

its hilarious how every single prequel apologist itt has that snyder gang tag

i think the shear amount of actually good prequel adjacent stuff like the clone wars cartoons and the battlefront videos games (plus the coolest star wars legos, loving hate the boring gray imperial crap or rinky dink rebel stuff. all the clone and droid gear looks distinct and cool) has by proxy raised peoples opinions on the prequals but taht's because lucasfilm had really talented people working for it not because lucas knew how to uh, direct or write without a lot of guidence.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

if you think rogue one was a good movie you shouldn't be allowed to vote

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

The same people who are pissed about movies having too much cgi are soy facing over avatar 2. If avatar 2 is successful it will just make that trend worse.

CGI and the moving of all film poo poo to new zealand is entirely about breaking the back of the unionized special effect shops left in america. every modern film maker should be cast out into the wilderness for the misery they inflict on a daily basis to normal people

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

drat horror queefs posted:

I will defend porgs.

The island that Luke's hermitage is based in is apparently an irl protected puffin sanctuary. So every shot they took for the film was absolutely full of these docile but legally untouchable puffins which they could either CG out or turn into space puffins, which is a fair compromise.

(should they have just filmed it on a different island altogether and left the puffins alone? Yes. But they didn't, so, :shrug:)

why not have them be normal puffins. which are like, actually somewhat cute and not ugly horrifying giant eye'd monsters???

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

drat horror queefs posted:

There are no intellectual property rights they can claim for the image of puffins, which means no money. Slap some dumb googly eyes on them and you can IP that poo poo all day

your not thinking big enough. we sell the movie as helping save the puffins. fill the disney stores with puffin merch where some tiny percentage goes to a puffin charity that we run. the libs would eat it up

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

*waves my arms around clearly on something* I NEED YOU TO THING BIGGER FOR CHRISTS SAKE WE'LL HAVE THEM EATING OUT OF THE PALMS OF OUR HANDS.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Casey Finnigan posted:

why would anyone care about catcher in the rye nowadays. the only reason anyone read it is because they had to, for school.

seriously

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Discovery is exhausting, the characters are constantly doing breakthrough therapy sessions on each other

iv been watching battlestar galactica for the first time and it feels like the exact same dogshit melodrama that discovery has. is this where it came from? why did people like this? it loving sucks!!!

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

i will never understand how people who claim to like superheroes despise zack snyder when as far as i can tell the main difference between his style and the prepondering marvel one is that he treats the material as if it were sincerely thought provoking

lmfao

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

rogue one was loving atrocious who thought andor would be a good idea. gimme the next season of the bad batch already you hacks!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

cameron is such an incredibly huge piece of poo poo and it boils my blood that everyone worships him including tons of "leftists"