Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
there's a lot of problems with the Phantom even just in the basic conceit of them being a white saviour but yeah, i can't pretend like i don't like a lot of it anyway. A Problematic Fave

the 90s movie is also an important part of the :sueme: canon

Alhazred posted:

And also a surprisingly amount of exposed boobs:

as someone who just read the American newspaper strips growing up and only really started reading the local reprints/translations of the European stories this last year or two i was pretty surprised by the non-zero amount of boobs, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

Imo if you're watch sci-fi from the 60s/70s you should also watch the original mobile suit gundam

And make sure you watch the full darn series instead of being one of those idiots who watches the compilation movies. The show is of its time but it's all good, drat it

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Gundam doesn't even have the excuse of being entirely reanimated gorgeously the way Do You Remember Love does while cutting the substance out of Macross. It's just doing it to lazily watch less

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

I assume the compilation movies cut out the vitally important quest for salt

How will you know the true cost of war if you don't see the child soldiers struggle for sodium?

(Even the current dvd releases of the series cut out the salt episode lol)

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I assume that most of the Disney main characters, being monarchs, would abstain from voting to avoid appearing like they were affecting the political process

(Lest they lose their grifty jobs and get the guillotine)

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

so now that hbo un-hosed hbo max for streaming devices, my sister hooked me up with a profile on her max account.

i'm still not gonna watch game of thrones.

watch doom patrol

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Movie studios trying to ground superheroes with the modern world is a big loving mistake.

Superheroes should be fighting warlords on Mars or robot armies from another timeline.

Trying to make something of political commentary falls on its face because it's either a wank of military pride or flies over everyone's heads as they see the lasers and slo-mo punches.

the only good superheroes are Golden Age/New 52 Superman, the Doom Patrol, and Squirrel Girl

KomradeX posted:

I think the worst parts are what is clearly his script

no, see, it was literally everybody else involved with the production ruining his genius script :joshsay:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Serf posted:

so in wonder woman 84 the character of barbara wishes to be like diana and gets all her powers and stuff right. before this, some dude attempts to rape her in the park and wonder woman just kinda knocks him over and they leave. later, once she has the powers, the guy tries it again and she kicks the loving poo poo out of him. and the movie makes this seem like its her dark turn. i gotta question why the movie that was sold as female empowerment is telling us that injuring an attempted rapist is a bad thing

also the movie is a giant steaming pile of poo poo lol

loving gross

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Can't wait for Patty Jenkin's 'Rogue Squadron' where Rogue Squadron deploys Y-Wings to bomb Space Palestine for a good cause.

the whole announcement video was her talking about being inspired by her Vietnam vet pilot father, so bombing innocent civilians was baked into the premise already

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/LK_Computer/status/1342849988875968514

:eyepop:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
watching The Death of Stalin on one of the two state owned networks, as he would have intended :ussr:

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

If Biden brings back the 90's what will we be nonspecifically afraid of again??

Trans panic is right there. Buffalo Bills and The Crying Game for everyone!

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Hootington posted:

I miss detective mystery shows. Everything has to be cop cop cop.

people finally gave up after realising they'd never top Moonlighting

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Good look for Disney to not say poo poo about her being a transphobe while they still had episodes featuring her that they wanted people to sub to watch and only doing poo poo when she's both moved beyond that and not part of a show they want people watching rn

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

DanteDevils posted:

And why does CineD have TWO Snyder threads now? :dafuq:

because we live in a society

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Mark Millar should write Sonic the Hedgehog comics again

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

My Face When posted:

If you're really worried about an actors politics, why arent you going after Pratt as well? He is a little chuddy as well and doesn't hide it, though much quieter than Gina Carano.

he's Worst Chris for a reason

Eox posted:

why are they trying the fantastic four again?

more grist for the MCU mill

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

KomradeX posted:

Chud Star Trek fans confuse the gently caress out of me, what about the Federation to you says Right Wing politics

There's a similar thing with Dr. Who where the main character is a revolutionary bohemian who leaves the aristocracy to explore the universe and agitate against the oppressive power structures they come across but somehow there's a whole conservative element amongst the fan base

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
the only good comic books are Asterix, Squirrel Girl, and Pokemon Adventures

and the gay genderfucked Transformers IDW put out before their reboot

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
oh, and Sunstone

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
also 1930s Superman issues where he beats up domestic abusers, corrupt cops, and war profiteers

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/ByronTau/status/1367313630061019142

i feel like i should be reading something into the fact that bumbleebee has a bigger statue but im not sure what

tacky decorations are the right of all sentient beings

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
LeBron could never explain consent to Kobe, it's silly to think he could do so to a cartoon skunk

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Bro Dad posted:

tbf he looks like that irl

I mean, because that's what the industry expects of him. Like, compare how he's marketed to men to how he's marketed to women

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

gradenko_2000 posted:

what has the DSA ever done that even compared to what Snyder fans have accomplished??? :agesilaus:

Snyder fans raised over half a mil for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention so like, literally they've done more material good for the world than the DSA lol

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The punchman movie having a release with more melanin in it isn't important politically or whatever but the workers who were abused by the racist sex pest replacement director and had all their labor removed from the finished product receiving some vindication by having their work restored seems like a good thing to me unless your idea of worker stops at "dude receiving his first acting credit on this film"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
The 2000 t.v. movie version of Jesus Christ Superstar is an important cultural artifact featuring cargo pants Jesus and frosted tipped disciples