Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Feldegast42 posted:

Trek died on 9/11 when everybody gave up on the future ever getting any better

1987-2005 Trek is good, but I see your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Di_PJyDGIg

The inevitable obituary on the collapse of america should contain the fast and furious and superhero movies in the pop culture chapter

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Lots of brain rot from consumerism itt

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

lol i can't believe the conversation about justice league made you so mad you're still posting about it unprompted weeks later. you're absolutely right, snyder snydrome has claimed yet another victim.

Buddy you’re an adult defending comicbook movies/toy advertisements made by a self-proclaimed Christian Scientist in every thread, you have no room to talk

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Judakel posted:

if snyder is a christian scientist, then you freaks have a lot to answer for. i just thought he was a christian

He also loves Ayn Rand novels, take your pick

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

josh04 posted:

it's very easy to do though because people are constantly just making weird poo poo up about him like "self-proclaimed Christian Scientist"

How does Snyder reconcile his Christian Science with Ayn Rand’s atheism?

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Judakel posted:

the meta jokes in snyder's films are the christian allegories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hBvsdhcEGY

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Christopher Plummer wasn’t available

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
I haven’t watched the next generation since the 90s and I just finished season 1. It’s dope.

I plan on doing DS9 and Voyager (never seen both) afterwards.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Egg Moron posted:

If you are interested in star trek at all, watch Babylon 5

It is the real poo poo

Thanks for this. Definitely adding it to my list

Sounds dope from wiki:

“The series follows the human military staff and alien diplomats stationed on a space station, Babylon 5, built in the aftermath of several major inter-species wars as a neutral ground for galactic diplomacy and trade. Major plotlines included Babylon 5's embroilment in a millennial cyclic conflict between ancient races, inter-race wars and their aftermaths, and intra-race intrigue and upheaval. The human characters, in particular, become pivotal to the resistance against Earth's descent into totalitarianism.”

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Fitzy Fitz posted:

That lotr show is gonna suck

Some elf titties, yeah

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

cancel culture isn’t a real thing imo

lol

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

thatfatkid posted:

Just watched Aaron Sorkins Trial of the Chicago 7. Its pure distilled lib ideology.

He literally invents an undercover cop character that tries to defuse the riots rather than being agent provocateurs they always are. Watch it win all the big Oscars.

The Social Network was good due to Fincher, not Sorkin. Evidence: everything else with his name on it sucks rear end

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Goddammit Marty

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
I watched Sicario II last night, and that was much, much better than I expected. The cinematography, direction, script, and acting were all top tier like the first one. I might even like it better.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i don't like the guy's movies but respect for this response when all the marvel ones were loving insane

https://twitter.com/forcemarker/status/1395414164303237127

Snyder is a lovely filmmaker and his online cult is even more insufferable and its shameful how morons itt are cheering this idiot

Hth

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

there’s an artistry/creative vision to Snyder films that’s wholly absent from pretty much every Marvel movie (except maybe Ragnarok [maybe]). it might be garbage art but it’s trying to be or reveal something. Marvel stuff is paint by numbers - looks like art, might even look better than Snyder’s output, isn’t really art

The ubiquitous popularity of superhero/comic movies among adults — including Snyder films — in our society is a reflection of the historic alienation occurring in this country right now due to the continual, rapid decline of capitalism. Alan Moore was right. And Snyder’s obsession with the ‘divine’ in his toy advertisements movies is because the moron literally identifies as a Christian Scientist. hth

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Demon Semen posted:

Alan Moore was right.

For posterity:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Snyder cultists are cucking themselves for the Christian Scientist director in full force again smh

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

cancel culture doesn’t exist full stop

lol

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Since Amazon bought mgm we finally might get a new stargate series

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

LionArcher posted:

I keep Netflix for two reasons. One because their best stuff (queens gambit, Stranger Things, Carmen Sandiego) never come to disk, and because I’m waiting for stranger things to drop. If those things did come to disk, and stranger things finishes, It’s the easiest service to drop.

Watch Black Summer. You’ll thank me later

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

FacelessVoid posted:

i don't really like any of tarantino's films,

loser

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

[spoiler]It's called NOPE, which I think is p funny. No idea what it's about, all that's been released is the poster:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRChz-OYi9o

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

It’s a big club and you ain’t in it

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Falstaff posted:

The problem with Jon Stewart is that he hasn't hosed off forever.

Add Colbert to this

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
the matrix sequels are good however both the Star Wars sequels and prequels suck rear end hth

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Marvel movies are specifically market researched for appealing to the lowest common denominator of society for maximum $$$

Scorsese, Coppola, Alan Moore, Villeneuve, etc are all right about this — like how is this even controversial lol. These are loving kid movies and its alarming how so many ostensible adults in our alienated society find them profound as if they’re equivalent to Tolstoy and Shakespeare ffs

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Blade definitely owns. Now Disney is making a PG13 one lmfao

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

They’re trash just like Snyder movies

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
I watched Dark City for the first time and gently caress it owned

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

oh so you like when the white guy does a nature documentary. interesting

What

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNwwt25mheo

lol

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Holy poo poo that owns

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Koirhor posted:

this will be garbage

I’m cautiously still giving it a chance

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
I didn’t know Megan Fox had 3 kids :stare:

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

How many live action Batman films have been made in the last 30 + years lmfao

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

galagazombie posted:

Oh boy it’s that part of the thread where we all try to show how mature and artistically sophisticated, and totally old enough to stay up past 8 mom, we are by attempting to one up each other in performatively hating super heroes and communal fun.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Communist Thoughts posted:

Blade 1 and 2 and its not close

Blade is a masterpiece and Blade II is a respectable sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

KidDynamite posted:

why are any of you watching a lovely leak of a denis villeneuve movie?

Some of us don’t want to catch COVID in a movie theater and become crippled or die from it hth