Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's almost like people are extra disappointed that someone that posits themselves as a pillar of a marginalized group would visit the same hardships that bigots would inflict on her marginalized group on others.

no war but class war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is the poop couture thread the right place to talk about grudge watching madam secretary? because i love grudge watching madam secretary.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

I cant wait to despise it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I still had a disc Netflix plan ten years ago. And Netflix's streaming seemed like a miracle. They had so many new offerings every month.

Ten years later I feel like I'm paying at least eight times as much for all the different balkanized services and getting so much less.

Me, in 2010: Monkey paw, I wish that we could pick and choose our entertainment channels a la carte

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"If I believe Tara Reade, I wouldn't vote for me"

"As you wish."

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Serf posted:

lovecraft country continues its streak of being completely batshit this week

what kind of batshit? like, "supernatural before it got stupid" batshit?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i probably shouldn't admit it, but i've been binging seasons 12ish and on of Supernatural since the last season is here. It's been pretty hit-and-miss through the later seasons, but...god drat if I can't watch just about anything that Mark Sheppard is featured heavily in.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

that whole review is like complaining that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter didn't cover Sherman's March to the Sea

Don't worry. Our collective fathers-in-law will be sure to talk over the entire movie to tell us about Sherman's March.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

amy schumer is showing up on my tv a lot, and, i gotta say, it's kinda tickin' me off

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wow has it been a whole six months since some version or another of the joker dominates pop culture for six months?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i liked miley's cover of head like a hole

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Jennifer Lawrence turned 18 in August 2008 and is from Kentucky, so it's very possible that the first vote she ever cast was for Mitch McConnell.

Ooh
Ahh
Against! The! Wall!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i think john mayer is a really good blues guitar player that released a ton of lovely music that never should've seen the light of day

gravity, slow dancing in a burning room, some of his live covers of blues standards, loving awesome

even some renditions of his more poppy songs

but 80% of his catalog is utter poo poo written to get into panties (which i can appreciate at some level. isn't that why we all learn to play guitar?)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wheeee posted:

Homer Simpson? poo poo, Al Bundy is aspirational now

Al Bundy seems like a wonderful study in class consciousness, and how those on the edge of poverty or worse can be taken in and radicalized against the big-O Other (Al is extremely aggro to women, overweight or non-traditionally female women especially, homosexuals, and just kind of overly regressive in general - though I'm sure some might make the argument that certain aspect of the the character are nothing more than Al Bundy being a product of the 80's/90's).

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i'm extremely loving upset at how godawful new gundam breaker is

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i always thought there was their weird aspect to the whole "random joe reviews a movie" thing

like, you have to go pay to see the movie...but whether you like it or not, that you paid is considered a success because that and that alone figures into box office numbers

so you can hate a movie all you want, but if you paid for it, and sat it through to the end so you have the authority to say "i watched this whole movie" means that even if the movie is poo poo...the studio still wins

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

sorry i just came from the weed thread

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i like this new jam from filter

https://open.spotify.com/album/4ohpzoDTR8MxeMqrp69JZN

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG__SwkV3wg&t=1s

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Rebel Wilson's bit, whatever that is, is not making me want to invite a Facebook camera into my home

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i was flipping channels last night and landed on planes, trains, and automobiles. i always cry at the end when they "actually...." about Del's life. It's one of my favorite twists in any movie ever.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kesha > Gaga, and I'll go to the mat on that.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

High Road is just so drat good. It's got everything from bangers to ballads. Father Daughter Dance rips my drat heart out, but I love the way she wraps the whole thing up at the end.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

huey, dewey, and louie are now alt-right youtube personalities

Mr. McDuck, a notable eccentric billionaire published an article in the McDuck owned Quackington Post lamenting that his platform was being erased.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Imagine being asked to play a game of d&d not because a group thinks you'd be a good addition, but because they have a clipboard of boxes to check and you, ah, "fit the description"

That must feel great

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I never got into Critical Role, I got into an audio-only podcast called Critical Hit that was p good imo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

thinking about that dumbass black mirror episode where they rope the military into doing full on pogroms but they give them augmented reality contacts so all their victims looks like ghouls to them or something

i liked the miley cyrus episode

the head like a hole payoff at the end was :discourse:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao miley cyrus released the best rock album of the last couple of years

just lmao rock is trash, then hannah montana saved it just lmao

what a loving year

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Doctor Jeep posted:

looks more like your taste is trash

"no, actually, imagine dragons is good!"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I heard their style once described as "music that makes your cousin who didn't finish high school want to join the army" and, uh, yeah. I think that checks out.

i would call them a section 8 ripoff of pink floyd, but that's insulting to those on assistance, the laborers in sweatshops putting together knockoff purses, and pink floyd themselves.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Doctor Jeep posted:

lol are you implying that I'm an imagine dragons fan? hahahaha

No, more that that kind of "rock" has largely overtaken the kind with guitars and basses and drummers and anything away from that direction is good. Metal had mostly become a chudosphere so it's refreshing to get some actual rock out in the popular consciousness.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i think we need another group like Living Colour

Lib and let die has issued a correction as of 23:46 on Dec 3, 2020

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is Mandalorian a job

Mando jobs dot com

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ok y'all who gave Taylor Swift a bad feeling to write another album about?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Kingdom Hearts IV+ VI/XI Chain of Memories now with Star Wars characters

(that's Four and Six-Elevenths, but Roman Numerals because Star Wars)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I liked the dude from the Jedi Knight games who was keeping his body together and himself alive solely on malice and the force

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

He belongs in a museum home!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

its cool when john wick kills people

Oh wow totally unexpected to see more unironic death threats in CSPAM!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Let's all take a moment and step back to appreciate the sheer absurdity of that Tom Cruise audio.

loving scientologists are taking COVID seriously.

Mother. loving. SCIENTOLOGISTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i think the hbo max harley quinn series is funny as gently caress