Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I didn't watch Wandavision because I'm fully invested in the latest Goon darling sci-fi show that gets bad after a season and a half.

Oh, are we obsessing over Firefly agai-

Whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Someone plz tell me what's good to watch apart from allegedly DS9

Tricky D posted:

Babylon 5

Avenue 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Zr3f-_Ft8

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

turns out we are all Rick

I've always considered myself more of a Bubbles

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

As someone not into comics at all, Batman being part of the justice league and fighting aliens and monsters and stuff seems weird.

Name one billionaire that didn't get what they want.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

Tho now that im thinking about it id love a comic where batman leaves or something and the league has to meet at clark kents tiny apartment he shares with 4 other news people

The Justice League vs the Condo Association arc got real weird

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

is there an actual target demographic that exists for all of the lovely original "comedy" series TBS keeps making GBS threads out?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Honest to god I think the last movie I saw was Broly, in theaters.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The new Broly movie was good. And it got rid of the idiotic 'Went insane from listening to a baby cry despite being one day old' origin from the original movie.

It was good as hell imo

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Bootleg Trunks posted:

It's not that madtv was super good or anything but that snl is godawful and has been hyped up as some great worthwhile institution when it was always garbage

Like let's think of the really great impactful skits that have stood the test of time.

1. I'm gumby dammit

2. Chris Farley

P much it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Ha-HA! Please don't suck

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

Its okay for guys to have big boobs though

All Cups Are Beautiful

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

indigi posted:

yah it rocks also Russel Crowe is a scientist who hand to hands a special forces commander

Are you trying to say you don't believe in science? :smug:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

just fuckin kill me

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

An open letter to the executives at Discovery:

Stop trying to make me give a gently caress about Chip and Joanna.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Toph Bei Fong posted:

The youth is told that, instead of rebelling against being a child soldier, he should have written his superior an essay. He is then beaten senseless by the popular kids. The youth is the bad guy, and we are supposed to applaud his beating.

edit:

Jack should have simply written Solidus a strongly worded letter, would've avoided that whole Sons of Liberty mess.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

My TV did a violence to me by showing me this last night. Hurt people hurt people. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pTICZ2oeg

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pead posted:

RIP to a good artist, but lol add berserk to the pile of long rear end mangas that will never get a proper story ending. 30+ years of rambling story that is going to get game of thrones'd

so this is why miyazaki decided to partner up with the necbkeard dragon rape incest authorman, he has a foot fetish and an unfinished story fetish

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

S-senpai! It-it's not like I wanted you to recruit me!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

KomradeX posted:

I figure that has to be a reference to Fox News and their hiring of blondes with long legs for Boomers to jack it to

This is local weather girl erasure.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

mandatory lesbian posted:

Can zombies consent, the greatest thread in forums history closed after 17000 pages of spirited debate

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

"Sure, she was 16 when she died, but she was dead for 5 years before she rose as a zombie so technically she's 21"

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dumb, mindless action is good to watch

Critical think piece art efforts are good to watch, too.

A complex issue with many sides.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Forceholy posted:

Speaking of Cape movies, when did they become so sexless?

Disney, I get, but I remember the 90s Batman movies and Returns and Forever were horny as gently caress!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i say swears online posted:

the death of the horny teen comedy is interesting, amazing how much culture revolved around them in the 80s and 90s

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

StratGoatCom posted:

I had a horrible thought.

With avatar 2, it's gonna be a fight between chuds getting their manifest destiny on and liberals stanning the movie, while native folks pointing out the racism get shat on.

It's gonna be the worst discourse ever.

:suicide:

At least the liberals and the chuds will be united in their complete and total ignorance of capital as the primary source of any conflict that arises

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

plan b which just came out on hulu is a good example i liked it quite a bit as its teen sex comedy from the girls perspective by which i mean the girls are the dumb idiots who hunt down the sex because why wouldnt they it also manages to avoid both being obnoxiously superwoke and overly condescending toward rural red states despite both of these ideas being hard baked into the premise

hold on, hold on, wait just a minute, are you telling me that girls LIKE sex?

i have to go have a chat with my wife, brb

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

mods change my name

I endorse this

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

judy greer and lucy liubot?

yeah i can work with that

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wayne does hosed up billionaire sex poo poo guaranteed

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

galagazombie posted:

Currently in the comics the entire X-Men franchise has been... rebooted? rejiggered? shaken up? by author Jonathan Hickman to a new status quo where the X-Men have seceded from mankind and formed their own island nation of mutants. In forming the laws that will guide their new nation, longtime X-Man Nightcrawler (traditionally written as a super-devout Roman Catholic) convinced everyone to put "Everybody loving all the time." as one of their equivalent to the Ten Commandments. Wolverine, Cyclops, and Jean Grey are now a Polycule and the reader is given diagrams showing their sex-facilitating living arrangements (Hickman loving loves diagrams and charts). X-Men comics are now essentially about a crazy sex cult island and it's the best X-Men comics have been in a decade.

DSAX-Men

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

hey what's up y'all i just, you know who it is it's ya girl now before i show you this pant-tightner i'm aboutta show you you know i gotta drop that copyright info, this booty clap copyright 2021 the sole intellectual property of ya girl BOOTYBUTTBABE, now ladies get in position and fellas gimme a hand check 'cause you bout to see this booty CLAP

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I think "new" in this case means Netflix is adapting bad British reality tv.

You know, sometimes I get into this headspace where I think American TV is the absolute lowest form of entertainment conceivable, then someone comes along and reminds me that this whole "reality" trend started across the pond and we're just doing the "but bigger and more ostentatious, because America!" thing we do so well.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

vyelkin posted:

by far one of the funniest things about harry potter is that hogwarts is the only education they get

if you're wizard-born, you are homeschooled until age 10, then you go to hogwarts for seven years, graduate at age 17, and that's that

if you're muggle-born, you are in the regular british school system until age 10, then you go to hogwarts for seven years, graduate at age 17, and that's that

there is no primary or post-secondary education and everybody is dumb as poo poo and doesn't understand anything because if you didn't learn it in your seven years of high school you didn't learn it, and the only characters who seems to have a legitimate interest in educating themselves about a specialization that wasn't covered in school (Ron's dad) or about multiple subjects that are not course requirements (Hermione) are either treated as eccentric weirdos or giant nerds to be pitied

rowling definitely didn't intend this but all her worldbuilding points to wizards being some of the stupidest people alive, who would die of scurvy or traffic accidents in about twelve hours if you took away their magic because literally everything in their lives is based on being able to wave a wand and fix any random problems that come up (or ask your enslaved sentient creature to do the magic for you so you don't even have to wave the wand yourself), which means wizards never have to actually understand any problems in the first place

Which I suggest tells us all we need to know about why liberals love it. Ever try asking a liberal what causes someone to be a racist?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I actually remember the moment my friend showed me harry potter when it was new. Kid me had no idea how pivotal my decision in that moment would be. I said "that looks like little kid stuff" and then we threw pinecones at each other or something.

:same:

I was too busy reading lovely D&D Dragonlance novels

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i stopped watching the F&F movies when tokyo drift came out, and i'm stunned to learn that they've gone somehow from "domestic cars engines sound like this, and foreign car engines sound like this" and evolved into some sort of proto-CIA-type group of action movie people that were all those dudes from high school that would gather in the wendy's parking lot at 2am on the weekends and have a super cool car show with their super low suspensions that the lovely road maintenance in RI tore the hell out of and/or their trunk rattling, barley tied down JBL audio systems

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I'm surprised it took him as long as it did to snitch. I think Ricky burnt his shed down at least like, 3 times trying to grow dope?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

I wish I had friends like that tbh

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao he let his baby fall out a window so he could blow lines in the other room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i say swears online posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTHLKHL_whs

HE'S DONE IT AGAIN

also kanye's late on his new album, who could have foreseen this

this is supposed to be "what if shawshank redemption, but awesomely gay as hell right?

because that's how i read it and i thoroughly enjoyed this.