Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Serf posted:

i rewatched the 2001 movie "evolution" and my only thought is that orlando jones is carrying that film from start to finish

It's funny that they can't come up for anything funny for the one female character to do so they default to "clumsy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

She trips over maybe twice so Duchovny's character refers to her as a "walking disaster area" or something.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dr. Killjoy posted:

chinese media is so infantile that they still constantly do the trope where soldiers murder a bunch of their enemies and walk off with unbloodied uniforms that fit them perfectly somehow

So they kept making Transformers movies after all?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

John Malkovich is very funny in it, Steve Carell is a mix of bland and unfunny.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

He's co-creator maybe he thinks this is biting political satire?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

quote:

On election day, Cam's victory appears certain until Marty exposes the Motch brothers' intent and promises to preserve Hammond if elected. Cam still wins and remains congressman due to rigged voting machines owned by the Motch brothers. While Cam gloats, Marty shows his large scars to Cam and reveals that he looked up to Cam in school for getting rid of the dangerous slide. Realizing he has strayed from his true objectives as a politician, Cam withdraws from the election and Marty wins by default. Cam earns back Mitch's respect, and Marty later appoints him his chief of staff.

Six months later, Marty and Cam expose the Motch brothers, who are called to appear before Congress. The brothers point out that everything they did is legal under Citizens United v. FEC, but they are arrested for their association with Wattley, who is actually an international fugitive.

Hollywood political comedy is so hilariously out of touch with reality.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Forceholy posted:

So I was bored and ended up watching Freddy Got Fingered.

Tom Green crawled so that Eric Andre could run.

Red Letter Media is totally right about this movie. If you grew up with '90s raunchy comedies, you are in on the joke (as well as knowing or realizing that
the film is essentially Tom Green giving a 90 minute long middle finger to movie execs). If this were on Netflix, it would be a cult classic with Zoomers.

It's been on Netflix. I think it may be a Disney property now lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It is very funny though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's a very funny movie, like most Coen brothers comedies.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny that The Matrix came out the same year as The Phantom Menace, then when it came time for Reloaded the Wachowskis decided what the world needed was an interlude where Morpheus takes a trip to Zion to deal with some bureaucracy.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

MizPiz posted:

Lower Decks would be genuinely good instead of all right if it they just focused on the Orion chick and the cyborg

Haven't watched, is the main character of that just yet another knockoff of Phillip J Fry?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

I mean netflix probably shouldn't have explicitly advertised it as pedo bait

Sorry, it's part of the culture war now so you can't complain about Netflix being garbage.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Aglet56 posted:

it's okay to hate stuff for the sole reason that it's made by a multi billion dollar conglomerate

but also, this is a really dumb critique. marvel movies might superficially show that having an unaccountable team of superpowered cops running the world has some downsides, but at the end of the movie the avengers still exist. does every marvel movie actually have a sad ending and us dumb leftists just can't see it? or is the moral of every marvel movie just "not all cops are bad"

I don't think every Marvel movie has the same message.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There are the Marvel movies where the villains are corporations or off brand Nazi's that have infiltrated the government, but there are others where the cia or the air force are played as heroes.

Also Tony Stark inventing limitless free energy but the movies have to be set in our reality so it just has to be hand waved away.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Is Michael Bay the ultimate hollywood satirist or just the endgame for hollywood blockbusters?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

On top of all the hosed up politics in The Dark Knight Rises, I didn't remember than Bane literally kills some black soldier (or whatever authority figure he is) by kneeling on his neck.

Good job Nolan!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's funny that people who fully realise how unfunny a Borat impression is will still happily do their Trump over and over.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Being a professional clown is probably not great in a lot of ways.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Professorjuggalo posted:

it’s the same kind of soft propaganda that stuff like command and conquer/red dawn fall into too, the idea that the other/minority groups are either just as bad or worse than the status quo

The soviet ending of Red Alert 2 explicitly shows the stock market being shut down forever aka a better timeline than ours.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The current trailer for Cuties is trying to sell it as a movie about an empowered girl standing up to her oppressive mother so I'm not gonna give Netflix the benefit of the doubt.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I hear if you don't like Zack Snyder it means you're a Marvel fanboy.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Bro Dad posted:

all the superhero poo poo you consume is for dumb babies, i only consume superhero poo poo for real adults

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wesley Snipes was absolutely correct to poo poo all over the movie where they were clearly trying to replace him with a couple of young white stars.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't know what it used to look like but I find the current artwork pretty ugly.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Epic.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I hope Warner Brothers spends half a billion dollars re-editing an existing movie.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

:chloe:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I was fully expecting that sketch to transition into bad musically comedy.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Reaching the part of dystopian sci-fi where society moves on from first hand experiences to exclusively second hand opinions.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I like that The Long Kiss Goodnight implies the World Trade Center bombing was a CIA op and that they are planning a second one.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lindsay Ellis has a great three part series on what a huge fuckup the Hobbit movies were behind the scenes.

My favourite bit is the lead actress stressing that there was no love triangle followed up by reshoots to insert a love triangle.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Well the second ID4 did end with a big dumb sequel hook.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Echo Chamber posted:

I don't care for any of the Disney shows, but I still want a Marvel vs. Capcom movie. I'm sorry.

Joss Whedon and Paul W.S. Anderson finally team up for some hardcore female empowerment.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Critics should stop reviewing non-BIPOC films too.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

DOOM: Did you say Doom?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's very funny that the same Eric Cartman who was falsely accused of hate crimes at least twice (because of political correctness gone mad) also canonically idolises Hitler and is excited by the concept of race war.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Yeah but for some reason MI6 is trying to stop him?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Maybe nine films is enough and they can make something else.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wrong thread!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY has issued a correction as of 02:17 on Feb 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I didn't watch Wandavision because I'm fully invested in the latest Goon darling sci-fi show that gets bad after a season and a half.