Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jim Stewartson, anti-disinfo guy VS Jim Watkins, disinfo guy

I guess their names aren't that similar but I'm still amused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anime is... good?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The second half of the movie was great. The first half of the movie blew and was nothing but "Beverly Hills 90210: In Space"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Yeah I do get that the point is that the protagonists are all vapid morons but spending 45 minutes of your action movie convincing me of that succeeds a little too much

😬

(That was Lowtax's review in the film dump)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Even as a dumb moron kid I loved the first half because it's hilarious and quotable

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

As a fanboy for Deadpool and Deadpool 2, I was so excited to see Disney's take on Deadpool 3. Alas

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Xaris posted:

i still dont understand why it has such a limited screen showing for such a big all-star cast

idk I think it's pretty obvious

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Whoa, a 2001 parody? Hot drat

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Top 10 List Of Video Game Protagonists Who Have Serious "Ken-ergy"

Top 10 List Of Powerful Women Who Almost Played Barbie

Explained: The Barbie Post-Credits Scene And The Post-Post Credits Scene You Probably Missed

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Concerning

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

yeah why isn't that an instant permaban

I don't know about that but being weirdly racist about Japan is normalised in a lot of places

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i’m not seeing it til next weekend but audiences are surprisingly (to me) really loving it apparently

https://twitter.com/jonathanmb32/status/1682597639626412036

Well if it's as good as Dark Knight Rises...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Puss In Boots is actually cool. Maybe there's something to be said for telling a story in a tight ninety minutes instead of a pair of three-hour epics

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

can't wait for live action Simpsons

Will the "young Homer was a famous Fortnite streamer" plot line show up in season forty or the live action adaptation?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Antonymous posted:

WGA & AMPTP Can’t Agree To Resume Negotiations; Strike To Go On Indefinitely

https://deadline.com/2023/08/writers-strike-meeting-union-studios-no-new-talks-1235455349/

AMPTP came back without really changing what they were offering and WGA told them to gently caress off I guess. And also WGA wants to add protections for WGA members to not cross picket lines (since SAG isn't resolved) as well as backpay into pensions and healthcare that was missed cause of the strike. strike is at 96 days now

So what happens next quarter when studios meet with their shareholders?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I watched half of the latest Guardians Of The Galaxy movie and I think maybe Scorsese was right

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Augus posted:

why are all the 'tasteful' sex scenes the ones where the people having sex is a bad thing

America rocks

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the xenomorph feels like very well worn territory, idk how much left there is to say about how good at killing stuff it is

No we need more Xenomorphs and Terminators. Preferably in the form of endless soft reboots

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

A lot of writers these days can only write in one voice. Presumably anyone with talent is too busy trying to make ends meet and doesn't have time to infiltrate Hollywood

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Weembles posted:

Getting increasingly upset about sex in movies is almost universal in the US.

For some reason, spending their entire youth being told that sex is evil and inevitably leads to hell, incurable diseases, and rape has left the last couple of generations a little prudish.

No actually zoomers are scary. Up until this exactly moment in time the USA was normal about sex

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

insane clown pussy posted:

that film is widely credited for ruining elizabeth berkley's career presumably for her bad acting, but honestly it's because she revealed that she thinks sex involves trying to shatter your own pelvis

Doing sex the wrong way would be a pretty quick way for a woman in Hollywood to kill her career I'll bet. Things are better now that the sleazy producers have been chased off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

As a director, I'm a triple threat: I make zombie movies, superhero movies and star wars movies