Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Raygereio posted:

I'm liking this game so far. The story does has some weird pacing issues where it was written with a certain quest order in mind, but the game doesn't care in which order you do things and it can get a bit weird and confusing. But it's not bad and so far it has kept my attention.
I think it helps that I haven't poopsocked it. My play sessions aren't long enough for me to get really annoyed with the lack of polish and various smaller issues.

The one mayor complaint I do have is that the companions are pretty much useless in combat. In any serious fight they go down within seconds.

I noticed this when I stumbled across the first of the boss monsters in a zone, like the one that pops out of the boat in the intro. They do well enough with secondhand gear against mooks, but in that fight they'd just run into melee, get splattered by one or two aoe attacks that they never bother to get out of, and never afford me an opportunity to get some breathing space for a potion or whatever. The thing didn't even have a skull, just a shitload of armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU