Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Taear posted:

Greedfall also has some really questionable stuff. Calling natives that kill the colonists rebels is uncomfortable to me.

Uhhh, this sounds pretty questionable in itself? Are you suggesting natives who kill colonists aren't engaged in legitimate resistance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Taear posted:

No I'm suggesting the exact opposite? They're not rebels, they're an uprising against the colonial system itself - they're not rising up against a legitimate government here.

Fair enough. I guess there are different connotations to rebel.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Taear posted:

A rebellion is an uprising against your leader - at least that's how I've always considered it.
Why is my character considering these natives legitimately part of the Bridge Alliance? I don't even know where they're based!

I'd say that's more mutiny or coup. Slave rebellions could hardly be considered rebellions against a legitimate leader.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Please for the love of god, stop putting encumbrance limits in games. There has never been an interesting decision caused by encumbrance. Inventory management is not fun.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

The game I'd say it's probably closest too is Vampyr. Just middling at everything it tries. Completely forgettable.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I said come in! posted:

Ooh my god, near the end of the game you have to convince all of the factions to be on your side. This essentially forces you to grind out doing all of the side content in order to finish the story. I give up, I can't do this, and I refuse to cause it's total bullshit.

lol, guess that complaint about it being problematic was on point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

jfood posted:

If you want a good game where you can murder the natives, play Expeditions: Vikings.

Those Saxon bastards have only what, 300 years on the Vikings? gently caress em.