Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
This is my first game into this weird genre and it probably would have been a better purchase at $20. The storyline/quests are actually interesting and the graphics aren't that bad on the xbonex.

LentThem posted:

In some ways this game reminds me of playing an MMO on a private emulated server. It has the assets/gear/quests, it has mobs standing around in small groups (sometimes all facing the same direction for no reason) without idle animations or patrol routes, and it has all the quest-related items/mobs not spawning until you take the quest so locations are inexplicably empty when you first arrive.

I do appreciate that so far the quests generally have some story behind them with multiple solutions rather than "collect 9 bear pelts for me" (with the exception of the land dispute sidequest between natives and colonists that forces you to run around town multiple times for legal guidance).

And yes that's what this reminds me of, all these game systems, open empty areas, pointless loot... just an unfinished emulated private server for an MMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU