Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014
- Comedians who do sound effects while telling long stories with no real punchline. We know what a bus sounds like, thanks.

- that "make up stupid insults" thing that comprises 50% of Jonah Hill's career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
When you talk about making up stupid insults, are you talking about "[swear][noun]" poo poo? Assmuffin, shitflower, yadda yadda yadda?

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

YeahTubaMike posted:

When you talk about making up stupid insults, are you talking about "[swear][noun]" poo poo? Assmuffin, shitflower, yadda yadda yadda?

i think theyre talking about how every judd apatow movie has a ten-minute scene where the characters just say "your shirt looks like bigfoot's taint hair" back and forth

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Huh, I saw one Judd Apatow movie Knocked Up and that was more than enough for me, so I don't really know about his trademarks.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Disco Pope posted:

That's fine, but XKCD style poo poo about physics or whatever is unbearable.

Motherfucking Ursa Major!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
How about that sitcom trope of insulting a person when the leave the room

Scott Lame
Jan 8, 2014

ghost emoji posted:

i think theyre talking about how every judd apatow movie has a ten-minute scene where the characters just say "your shirt looks like bigfoot's taint hair" back and forth

This exactly. Melissa McCarthy does a lot of it too

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I watched Super Troopers for the first time the other night, it loving sucked

I would say the humor was pretty hacky, if the movie contained any whatsoever.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yes we know Super Troopers sucks pretty bad, but the Shenanigans joke is ok.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I think Deadpool had a touch of the "making up stupid insults" thing -- I vaguely remember one of the characters saying that another looked like an avocado had sex with an old avocado or something? I don't remember, and that was the only one I kind of liked.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames
Deadpool is very obnoxious and hacky in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I have no appreciation for the idea that being deliberately unfunny at a comedy show is somehow revelatory.

Nanette was hacky as gently caress, and its thesis that comedy is inherently bad is especially undercut by the comedian doing a big ol’ fuckin U-turn after receiving praise and cash.