Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are they bullshit
This poll is closed.
Yes they are goku 26 36.62%
No they are not GOKU 45 63.38%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
That is all, very well spoken and addressed OP.

Please discuss why lettuce wrapped burgers are bullshit ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
theyre obviously inferior to normal buns but they aint bad. its good to eat less bread, in general. if possible, of course.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

A&W teen burger lettuce wrapped is the bomb

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
I feel like lettuce is probably the most-wasted vegetable

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smythe posted:

theyre obviously inferior to normal buns but they aint bad. its good to eat less bread, in general. if possible, of course.

It is 100 percent inferior. I'm on a no carb diet and I've preferred to just have my burgs done like a burger salad than fake wrapped in a lettuce "bun".

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

they are bullshit but they are still burgs and i just cant bring myself to hate a burg.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Why don’t they wrap burgers up in tortillas?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RocktheCaulk posted:

It is 100 percent inferior. I'm on a no carb diet and I've preferred to just have my burgs done like a burger salad than fake wrapped in a lettuce "bun".

to be fair tho burger (and taco) "salads" (bowls?) are good as gently caress

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
If you're low carb you can get a lettuce wrapped burger at Red Robin and get bottomless broccoli instead of bottomless fries :wth:

VonCrunchhausen
Mar 15, 2015

Bread is good and the only reason why some people replace buns with lettuce is because they’re lizard people.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

1redflag posted:

Why dont they wrap burgers up in tortillas?

i wrap hot dogs in tortillas all the loving time for quick disgusting snack. wrap that fucker up, toss it in the microwave, boomshakala. like 1 min later u got urself a lil wrap snack

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
they never use enough freaking lettuce. one fragile leaf is not gonna cut it guys

that being said, I never do that because I don't eat a lot of burgs to begin with and a burg bun isn't all that big

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Smythe posted:

to be fair tho burger (and taco) "salads" (bowls?) are good as gently caress

Yeah, I agree. Skip all the pretension of being a fake bun and just give me a burger salad. That way a giant glob of condiments isn't going to slide off onto my lovely work polo and khakis and make me wash them more than once a week.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

VonCrunchhausen posted:

Bread is good and the only reason why some people replace buns with lettuce is because they’re lizard people.

I have made a note that us Lizard people need to throw you down a well, bun eater.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smythe posted:

i wrap hot dogs in tortillas all the loving time for quick disgusting snack. wrap that fucker up, toss it in the microwave, boomshakala. like 1 min later u got urself a lil wrap snack

They should make hot dog flavoured fruit roll ups then you wouldn't have to go through this song and dance

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

My wife is doing Keto and we've made big Mac salad a few times and it's really good but the first time I did I tried to make little tiny hamburgers and it was a pain in th rear end so now I just cook ground beef with seasoning loose

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

If you're low carb you can get a lettuce wrapped burger at Red Robin and get bottomless broccoli instead of bottomless fries :wth:

I did this last week which is partly what prompted this thread. The veggies and side salad are a fine sub but the burger was bullshit in the lettuce wrap. BULLSHIT I tell you.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

They should make hot dog flavoured fruit roll ups then you wouldn't have to go through this song and dance

listen

1 small corn torilla
1 hot dog
4 sprits of butter spray
1 min microwave. done. enjoy. 100%

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

tortillas are vegetables because they're made of plants

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

RocktheCaulk posted:

I did this last week which is partly what prompted this thread. The veggies and side salad are a fine sub but the burger was bullshit in the lettuce wrap. BULLSHIT I tell you.

Yeah, you have to knife and fork it like a dandy. Carl's Jr. actually seems to understand burg physics and gives you a decent amount of lettuce

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

1redflag posted:

Why don’t they wrap burgers up in tortillas?

I’ve had a burger wrap in a tortilla before and it was pretty good. They chopped the burg up with lettuce tomato onion and cheese with a drizzle of a Big Mac style sauce. Would eat again.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

Smythe posted:

listen

1 small corn torilla
1 hot dog
4 sprits of butter spray
1 min microwave. done. enjoy. 100%

Do you microwave the tortilla too??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

yea

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lettuce wraps are a small price to pay for eating all the burgs you want on the keto diet. or dang get rid of the wrap and.pretend theyre little steaks

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm not convinced on lettuce burgs because the shape of the burg is not very conducive to being wrapped in lettuce as opposed to the cylindrical nature of wraps being much more in line with the natural shape of the lettuce

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Ive had a burger wrap in a tortilla before and it was pretty good. They chopped the burg up with lettuce tomato onion and cheese with a drizzle of a Big Mac style sauce. Would eat again.

bro this is just a hosed up asada taco

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

hell yea put some cheese on that poo poo too

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

ASenileAnimal posted:

Put cheese on the dog, Smythe

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Yeah, you have to knife and fork it like a dandy. Carl's Jr. actually seems to understand burg physics and gives you a decent amount of lettuce

They at least try harder than anyone else, but you still end up with a sloppy gizz drop of mayo on your only work khakis EVERY TIME.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
My go to In-n-Out order is always a Double Double with cheese, animal style, extra everything, protein style. It's just a huge mess of veggies and more veggies. It's great.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
luv too have carb withdraws and attack goons bc the keto bacon life is making my dillz not work

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Let us rap

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lettuce is not a valid bun substitute so therefore there is no valid lettuce wrap burger.

Maybe there is some lettuce wraps with beef patties in them or some nonsense, but they are not a burger. They do not qualify.

Also, if you're eating a burger and you're stopping to count carbs, what the gently caress are you eating a burger for? gently caress you.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I like em 'cuz they have less calories, the buns at Carls' Jr are like 500 or something. Which means I don't feel guilty for getting the biggest patties. They still suck to eat with your hands though.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ASenileAnimal posted:

Put cheese on the dog, Smythe

thats a real good idea. i cant eat normal cheese due to fail body but sometimes i get some fake cheese from the vegan store but its $$$$$$ so not often but ill def do this little trick next time thank you

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the fake cheese dont bend real good like kraft singles do so ill have to make like a cheese hexagon to enclose the dog

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

buglord posted:

luv too have carb withdraws and attack goons bc the keto bacon life is making my dillz not work

My dick works to well and after last weekend you know that!!!!

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

RocktheCaulk posted:

They at least try harder than anyone else, but you still end up with a sloppy gizz drop of mayo on your only work khakis EVERY TIME.

Yeah this happened to me and I got back to work and everyone pointed at me and hooted "WACKY KHAKIS! WACKY KHAKIS! HOOT HOOT HOOT! WACKY KHAKIS! HOOOOOOOT!"

I had to quit the next day

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Yeah this happened to me and I got back to work and everyone pointed at me and hooted "WACKY KHAKIS! WACKY KHAKIS! HOOT HOOT HOOT! WACKY KHAKIS! HOOOOOOOT!"

I had to quit the next day

I remember your thread about this and it's why I invested in pant protectors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
If only you could bread flavor the lettuce somehow. Why are they trying to make fake meat when such an important thing is unexplored, such as making lettuce taste like food.