Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are they bullshit
This poll is closed.
Yes they are goku 26 36.62%
No they are not GOKU 45 63.38%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Interesting. I mean I'm 5'5" and at the heaviest 155lbs, so I'm not trying to lose a person here. 20 lbs may be all I need. I also am not crazy about bread anyway. Just trying to gauge it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

FactsAreUseless posted:

loving GBS lmfao

I mean... This is like my only outlet. If you want me to lurk more, just say so. A quality thread like this has been a rarity lately. Good job, op

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

interwhat posted:

Interesting. I mean I'm 5'5" and at the heaviest 155lbs, so I'm not trying to lose a person here. 20 lbs may be all I need. I also am not crazy about bread anyway. Just trying to gauge it out

Just go low carb and do CICO then rather than full Keto. You'll be amazed how many calories you cut out just not eating bread and potatoes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"I can't stop eating 5000 calories a day unless I wrap it in lettuce! It's healthy!"

Yeah and I can't jack it unless I've got all 4 of my anime body pillows.

Sure thing, Hoss.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Dehydrated spinach and zucchini wraps are pretty good. I recommend adding more herbs than that recipe though. Even more than that though I recommend eating a regular bread bun on a burger or just eating a normal salad. Euphemistically named diet food (nachos Flanders style) have the opposite of their intended effect. Rather than being a good substitute for the food they are pretending to be they just serve to remind and taunt you with how much better an actual burger would be.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

interwhat posted:

I mean... This is like my only outlet. If you want me to lurk more, just say so. A quality thread like this has been a rarity lately. Good job, op
No it's not that. Someone going from "I don't digest lettuce" to "I need to see a doctor so my son doesn't lose his father" in a few posts is very traditional for Something Awful. I think it's great. I love this site.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

No it's not that. Someone going from "I don't digest lettuce" to "I need to see a doctor so my son doesn't lose his father" in a few posts is very traditional for Something Awful. I think it's great. I love this site.

My poo poo posting saves lives

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
A lettuce based thread in gbs is a true rarity and appreciate its popularity

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

A lettuce based thread in gbs is a true rarity and appreciate its popularity

I wish you'd pack dis up with some lettuce on a toasted italian and eat fresch

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Big Beef City posted:

I wish you'd pack dis up with some lettuce on a toasted italian and eat fresch

Any and all subway chat in here will resort in your rear end being chucked down a well.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Alright Burt you didn't deserve that but whatever.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
Lettuce wrapped burgers aren’t burgers.

Burgers are defined by having a hamburger patty and a hamburger bun.

If you have a hamburger patty on regular bread, is it a burger? No, you’ve got a patty melt. You can’t mess with the equation at all.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Big Beef City posted:

"I can't stop eating 5000 calories a day unless I wrap it in lettuce! It's healthy!"

Yeah and I can't jack it unless I've got all 4 of my anime body pillows.

Sure thing, Hoss.

What the gently caress are you talking about dipshit?

Did I slam your girl back in college or someting!? You always pop up to troll me whenever I come to contribute, and quite frankly, I'm perplexed at your actions.

Edit: or are you replying to the thread as a whole? This is new gbs dude, just tell us what you mean gosh

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

P.F. Chang’s has a beefy Asian lettuce wrap which is p good!

my BEEFY alarm went off.

Just how beefy are we walking here Burt?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I really want to poo poo all over the Chang's lettuce wraps but I really don't have any complaints they are good

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Just lol if you don't rapidly consume and then expend upwards of 2000 calories thrice per day. Exercise and you can eat drink and smoke whatever the gently caress you want

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

interwhat posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about dipshit?

Did I slam your girl back in college or someting!? You always pop up to troll me whenever I come to contribute, and quite frankly, I'm perplexed at your actions.

Edit: or are you replying to the thread as a whole? This is new gbs dude, just tell us what you mean gosh

He’s being a dipshit. Leave it

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Burt Sexual posted:

He’s being a dipshit. Leave it

You're always right

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
big beef city please relax and maybe eat some BEEF ok?

also BBC is an acronym for your name just sayin :grin:

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Sjs00 posted:

Just lol if you don't rapidly consume and then expend upwards of 2000 calories thrice per day. Exercise and you can eat drink and smoke whatever the gently caress you want

So when I was 22 this worked 100% of the time. I could wake up at 7 am, not eat until 2, start drinking at 1, work a full shift till midnight, continue drinking(and whatever else) until 4am, and do it all over 4 more times that week and be in the best shape of my life. Age 30? It's a little more complicated

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chinatown posted:

my BEEFY alarm went off.

Just how beefy are we walking here Burt?

I’ve used the previous posted recipe with some leftover tenderloins sliced and diced up. Barely seer the outside, it’s tender beef. Use olive oil to grease it up. Go to the local coop to get some good greens. It was v good. That white woman has a good recipe

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

I’ve used the previous posted recipe with some leftover tenderloins sliced and diced up. Barely seer the outside, it’s tender beef. Use olive oil to grease it up. Go to the local coop to get some good greens. It was v good. That white woman has a good recipe

Nice. Theres a local company that grows butter lettuce hydroponically and they are perfect for this application.

seriously butter lettuce is amazing

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

RocktheCaulk posted:

Just go low carb and do CICO then rather than full Keto. You'll be amazed how many calories you cut out just not eating bread and potatoes.

I had to look up what CICO is calories in calories out. Honestly, I think I'm pretty much there. I don't drink soda, I don't have a sweet tooth, I make modest, not overtly decadent foods almost every night. Btw hello fresh has done a lot of the thinking for me, I can't stress enough how much a regular, from scratch meal regiment can make you feel better. I do not calorie count, and I'd be lying if I wasn't hesitant to take on yet another thing to be responsible for. I'm a firm believer in cutting out the bad things in food. Bleached white flour is bad. Saturated fat in processed foods, bad. Processed foods? Generally bad. If it weren't for the fact that I sweat my balls off at work, both in the summer, and in winter when the heaters are blairing,.I'm still sweating because I always stay moving. I think a lot of people don't have that luxury, their responsibilities lie at the desk. They also probably have an easier time at making a living wage. But have to put tenfold the effort at staying in shape. I think maybe I'm coming to my own conclusion that drinking, even if I reduce it to the weekend evenings, is where everything goes to poo poo. So many mechanics I work with talk about their diets and exercise regimens, almost to the point where it's annoying, but will come in Monday and be like yeaaaa my boy came to town, like my other boy last weekend and we crushed eight 30 racks of beer and whatever else. It pretty much throws your whole diet plan to poo poo yes?

Cico makes sense, I think I'll give it a shot. And maybe hit that dusty brand new treadmill in the basement a couple times a week.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Christ, I'm gonna go to the doctor and blow his ear up for an hour and he's gonna tell me I have cancer and also maybe stop looking so far into poo poo.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Contrary to my normal eating habits, I decided to get a Whopper the other day. First time since college, since the Burger King logo even makes me kind of queasy. But alas I didn't have a lunch to bring and was starving. Anyway, I was shocked honestly that they bothered to put a generous helping of actual crisp fresh lettuce on the drat thing. It was honestly pretty satisfying. I'm not gonna make a habit of it obviously, but I was shocked to find in 2019 this fast food chain put forth the effort. Btw service was excellent and fast

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
for reals though

I cannot believe that Burger King actually exists in tyyol 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Burger kings are consistently dirty. Filthy hovels.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RocktheCaulk posted:

I eat gently caress tons of arugula on the reg

tats cool i eat heaping mounds of dog poo poo & sewer muck

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Is that what that green stuff is called?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Burt Sexual posted:

Burger kings are consistently dirty. Filthy hovels.

theres one near my apartment thats exceptionally filthy and also open 24 hours. its good for late night two dollar rodeo sessions.

and yes im aware their burger with rodeo in the name costs three dollars

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Sep 12, 2019

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
burger king kicks rear end, peasants.

1) its alwyas empty. u can go straght to the front of the line. there is no line. bing bong.
2) they have good roatating opetions, like they had the angry whopper which owned. they had th sourdough king which owned.
3) their value menu is very good rn. they have knockff jack in the box tacos, 99c a pop. good small value burg. value fry. u can get all this for $4.50. barely more than the 4 for $4 at wendys which is obviously the best deal in fast food.

in short, hail to the king baby. :dukedoge:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

seems like you left out all the cottaging you can get up to at bk in your list

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Smythe posted:

burger king kicks rear end, peasants.

1) its alwyas empty. u can go straght to the front of the line. there is no line. bing bong.
2) they have good roatating opetions, like they had the angry whopper which owned. they had th sourdough king which owned.
3) their value menu is very good rn. they have knockff jack in the box tacos, 99c a pop. good small value burg. value fry. u can get all this for $4.50. barely more than the 4 for $4 at wendys which is obviously the best deal in fast food.

in short, hail to the king baby. :dukedoge:
Their food tastes bad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

i dont gently caress or suck for free. i always pay.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Low carb is stupid.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Their food tastes bad

its fine

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

You mean listeria and norovirus, right?

E msra

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
bk offerings are the same as every other fast food of their tier. durr, dont be some stupid rear end hole who drools their way into this thread and is like wow it sucks compared to 5 guys. thats fast casual. apples and oranges. whoppers and pies. gently caress off.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

Low carb is stupid.

counting calories and not eating like a child is the way to go if you want to lose weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Smythe posted:

bk offerings are the same as every other fast food of their tier. durr, dont be some stupid rear end hole who drools their way into this thread and is like wow it sucks compared to 5 guys. thats fast casual. apples and oranges. whoppers and pies. gently caress off.
I just think their food tastes worse than McDs and Wends etc. I didn't like 5 Guys much.