Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are they bullshit
This poll is closed.
Yes they are goku 26 36.62%
No they are not GOKU 45 63.38%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

I've been making some lettuce wrap burger and sort of taco things. The key is butter lettuce. Is it as good as a bun or tortilla? No. But it also helps me be not such a fatty so no OP, they are in fact not bullshit. HTH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I GOT A BURGER

*clap clap*

TODAY

*clap clap*

THEY SAID "do you want a keto lettuce wrap"

*clap clap*

I SAID NO WAY

I got a bun and ate the hamburgea

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

All you keto people it's just about counting calories. Realize that keto made you look at the calories you ate the previous day and plan and be aware.

You can eat a nacho, or a potato! Just don't eat so many calories! Keto helps you get motivated to watch your calories, that's why you're dropping chonk.

You can eat a piece of toast it's basically ok to do that

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Tom Gorman posted:

All you keto people it's just about counting calories. Realize that keto made you look at the calories you ate the previous day and plan and be aware.

You can eat a nacho, or a potato! Just don't eat so many calories! Keto helps you get motivated to watch your calories, that's why you're dropping chonk.

You can eat a piece of toast it's basically ok to do that

Yup. Just don't eat too loving much and it's easy to maintain a healthy weight.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Resting Lich Face posted:

Yup. Just don't eat too loving much and it's easy to maintain a healthy weight.

thats right!

*puts on gary jules - mad world.mp3 and slams a white castle 10 sack*

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Was grillin som BURGs n DAWGs for a family bbq and one of my cousins-in-laws friends wanted 2 burger patties with cheese, no buns.

I was like, "keto style huh"
She said, "No I'm not keto. I just don't like bread"

Fair enuf!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Biohazard posted:

I've been making some lettuce wrap burger and sort of taco things. The key is butter lettuce. Is it as good as a bun or tortilla? No. But it also helps me be not such a fatty so no OP, they are in fact not bullshit. HTH.

You're right, or Boston Bibb. It has less of a chance to split open on you.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Cabbage superiority

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

The fish sandwiches aren't even that gross.
It's just the long fake horse rides that bum you out and you're doing it because the other person is a loving poser and you both know it.

You're going to therapy for it and your dad is paying for it.

Look we all know what this.

I'm not gonna pay a lot for this muffler.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

Kharnifex posted:

Cabbage superiority

:hai:

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Kharnifex posted:

Cabbage superiority

:thunk:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This guy thinking his filthy dirt leaves are better than cabbage. Shame.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Says the plebe who hasnt ever grown he own cabbage heads pleassseeee

Edit cabbage served two purposes. Cole slaw and sauerkraut

interwhat fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 13, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I’m obligated to read this thread. Fml

E gently caress! I broke a smoke typing that

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Stop smoking Burt! Chew Grizzly(TM)

Malah
May 18, 2015

Kak posted:

Up until last week, I hadn't eaten a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant in approximately two months. More often than not, when I do order a fish sandwich from a fast food restaurant, it is a Filet- O- Fish (R) sandwich from McDonald's(R). Last Friday however, I was at the Burger King (R) restaurant located close to my apartment, when I remembered that as part of a summer promotion, their fish sandwiches were "Buy one, get one free" on Fridays. I had never eaten a Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich before, in fact, I had never even seen one. But, because I love a bargain and was in the mood for something besides burgers, I decided to order the fish sandwich(es) "to- go". As soon as the friendly counterperson handed me the bag containing the two fish sandwiches, I was surprised at how heavy the bag was. As I walked away from the counter, I peered into the bag and saw that the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches were quite large. In fact, they appeared to be huge. I looked- up the BK Big Fish (R) sandwich on the wall- mounted nutrition chart in the restaurant and read that this fish sandwich weighs over four ounces.

When I got home, I wasted no tme in opening one of the BK Big Fish (R) sandwiches. I was very impressed and amazed at what I saw. Compared to the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R), the Burger King (R) sandwich looked humongous. To me, the circumference of the BK Big Fish (R) easily appeared to be as large as a Burger King (R) Whopper (R). The sandwich contains a sizeable golden- brown, breaded fish filet nestled in a large flavorful bun. Accented by crisp, green lettuce and very tasty Tartar Sauce, this fish sandwich means business. Upon taking my first bite of the sandwich, I thought to myself "This sandwich is awesome". The fish filet possesses a clean taste of the ocean that is mild, yet very authentic and pleasing. I was being as objective as possible, regarding my opinion of the sandwich. After all, I'm still a big fan of McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish (R). Something that I noticed immediately was that there was no cheese on the Burger King (R) fish sandwich. Although the sandwich tasted great, I think that the addition of some cheese would put it over- the- top. The BK Big Fish (R) sandwich is so big, that I only ate 3/4 of one sandwich and refrigerated the remainder, to be microwaved later, along with the other sandwich..

Two days ago, I was in downtown Hartford, Connecticut and passed a McDonald's (R) restaurant. I was fairly hungry, so I went in, remembering the Burger King (R) fish sandwiches that I had consumed a few days earlier. I ordered a Filet- O- Fish and ate it at the restaurant. As I sat and ate, I examined the sandwich closely, mentally comparing the two varieties of fish sandwiches. No question, that the BK Big Fish (R) was bigger, but the Filet- O- Fish is no slouch of a sandwich, either. The question was; Which sandwich was more satisfying ? Strictly from a quantity point of view, the BK Big Fish (R) is more filling. From a flavor, or taste perspective, it's close to a draw, or tie. Each of these fish sandwiches possesses its own attributes. The Burger King (R) sandwich, to me, has more of a "seafood", or real fish taste. The McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish maintains more of a "fast food" taste, but that is not necessarily a bad thing. With its delicious yellowish- orange cheese and top- rate Tartar Sauce, the Filet- O- Fish (R) is a classic American product that I absolutely love. To be quite honest about it, I'm very glad that I tried the Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) sandwich. In the future, I would like to continue eating both types of fish sandwiches. These sandwiches are similarly- priced and are regular menu items. Nutritionally, the McDonald's (R) Filet- O- Fish contains 380 calories, with 18 grams of total fat. The Burger King (R) BK Big Fish (R) contains 640 calories, with 32 grams of total fat.
:discourse:

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Of course in a piece of poo poo state like CT they get excited about a BK filet o fish, those that havent killed themselves that is

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

That's too many bananas.

I think the one major benefit for me with low carb is water retention. When I eat any carbs it seems like I put on water weight easily. This is also why low carb is so effective the first couple weeks and then you are basically on the calorie grind. Also food without carbs is kinda boring so you mostly stop shoving delicious food in yo mouth all the time because you aren't in flavor country.

bomb fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 13, 2019

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

interwhat posted:

I mean honestly, a green leaf lettuce leaf is dark green, has pointy frills on it, and you see the same thing in your poop, frills and all, are you at least absorbing the iron and other vitamins out of it? Seriousnquestion

No. Lettuce and honestly many raw vegetables basically just pass right through you. Your digestive system just isn't equipped to break down those cell walls ans get anything out without cooking or processing it

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
I wonder if I could make a button espousing my beliefs on lettuce wraps burger buns

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

What if...

Get this

You didn't do some gimmick bullshit and just didn't eat garbage 24/7

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Big Beef City posted:

What if...

Get this

And just what exactly isn't garbace mr food dcitme man

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

What if...

Get this

Who can resist french fries, pizza, moz sticks, or calamari?

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

bomb posted:

Who can resist french fries, pizza, moz sticks, or calamari?

All of that sounds like fancy foreign food to me

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
never heard of a lettuce wrapped burger before but they look good as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Well don't order one then. Problem solved.