Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hockey?
This poll is closed.
hockey 0 0%
sure 0 0%
hickey, thomas hickey 0 0%
86 100.00%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Nice!

Preseason games start Sunday, I believe regular season games start October 2. While the hockey players get into playing form, we all have to get into proper posting form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Everyone on the Stars: I'm broken or want out.

Jim Nill: I'm happy with this state of affairs and see no reason to do anything. The roster is perfect.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Canucks training camp has begun and Boeser is not there. How is this organization so terrible both on and off the ice?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Ah the forgotten annual nhl center ice charge text from American Express means that the season is nigh.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Canucks training camp has begun and Boeser is not there. How is this organization so terrible both on and off the ice?

I don’t mean to defend the Canucks as an organization but they’re hardly alone in missing an important young RFA at camp

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CHUCK SIGN THE TK PLS

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Sign Laine and Connor already for fucks sake

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/twolinepass/status/1172554944014114823

lol

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Mike Reilly is switching to RD for habs training camp because the depth on that side is Weber, Petry, and Folin lol.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JoelJoel posted:

Everyone on the Stars: I'm broken or want out.

Jim Nill: I'm happy with this state of affairs and see no reason to do anything. The roster is perfect.

It's frustrating we're keeping Johns on the roster. I've got no problem with the organization trying to help him out, since he's clearly got something broken in him, but he's been dead weight on the roster for what, 3 seasons now? Jesus.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Leafs captaincy will be some combination of Matthews, Tavares and Rielly

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Apparently Kyle Brodziak's career is over.

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-f-kyle-brodziak-back-won-t-play-again-1.1364893

Congrats Oilers, I guess.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

I don’t mean to defend the Canucks as an organization but they’re hardly alone in missing an important young RFA at camp

this is true, but they are definitely the only team who is missing an important young RFA top line center whomst they can't afford to pay because they're spending 30 million dollars on their bottom 2 lines and third D pairing. please resume laughing at the Nucks at your leisure, thank you

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
So let's get to the bottom of this honestly. Is Boeser actually not at camp because he's a contract holdout unhappy with the terms/money being offered, or is it more to do with the fact his Dad is literally dying and he doesn't want to sign & come yet?

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
The 2019-20 LA Kings season is officially underway and I'm ready to talk about the most important subject - how the Kings are going to be screwed again out of the top overall pick and Alexis LaFreniere in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

this is true, but they are definitely the only team who is missing an important young RFA top line center whomst they can't afford to pay because they're spending 30 million dollars on their bottom 2 lines and third D pairing. please resume laughing at the Nucks at your leisure, thank you

Right, I had forgotten again that the Nucks have no cap space because that’s insane, carry on

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

grack posted:

Apparently Kyle Brodziak's career is over.

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-f-kyle-brodziak-back-won-t-play-again-1.1364893

Congrats Oilers, I guess.

is it because he's allergic to skate polish or something suddenly

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

Boeser is a winger.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

goldrush posted:

So let's get to the bottom of this honestly. Is Boeser actually not at camp because he's a contract holdout unhappy with the terms/money being offered, or is it more to do with the fact his Dad is literally dying and he doesn't want to sign & come yet?

https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/status/1171545628653932544?s=19

the canucks spent 4 years as a bottom feeder and didn't even keep themselves enough cap room to sign their star whose deal they knew was coming up. and it owns.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Right, I had forgotten again that the Nucks have no cap space because that’s insane, carry on

Plus unlike the Jets, Leafs and Flames, the Canucks suck rear end, are missing their first round pick and can't afford to be without their second best player for any stretch of time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nucks will have their 1st this year

quote:

Conditions: If the Canucks do not make the playoffs in 2019-20, the 2020 1st round pick will transfer to a 2021 1st round pick instead.

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!

DJExile posted:

Nucks will have their 1st this year

https://twitter.com/BatchHockey/status/1172593470612983808

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
fire holland

grack
Jan 10, 2012

fits posted:

fire benning

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

fits posted:

fire holland

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Shinjobi posted:

It's frustrating we're keeping Johns on the roster. I've got no problem with the organization trying to help him out, since he's clearly got something broken in him, but he's been dead weight on the roster for what, 3 seasons now? Jesus.

it's most frustrating because Stephen Johns being out most likely mean Roman Polak every god drat night of the season :(

*I'm less upset about Perry being out. He was going to be a tremendous drag on the Stars anyway, the team is better off with a young guy in the lineup.

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 13, 2019

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status/1172601465967276032?s=19

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Jeez, that's got to be it for Kessler, right?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Jeez, that's got to be it for Kessler, right?

when this surgery was being talked about at the end of the regular season, it sounded like he could very theoretically get the surgery, have a very long recovery process, and then try to come back. it is probably it, but Ryan Kesler is a psychopath and will do whatever it takes to play hockey again. he probably should have gotten this surgery 2 or 3 or 4 years ago and has been just playing through the pain that whole time

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Starsfan posted:

it's most frustrating because Stephen Johns being out most likely mean Roman Polak every god drat night of the season :(

*I'm less upset about Perry being out. He was going to be a tremendous drag on the Stars anyway, the team is better off with a young guy in the lineup.

Tbf, he's getting 20 mins a night no matter what happens. Everything is fine.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Paul Marner is ruining the Maple Leafs

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Drunk Canuck posted:

Paul Marner is ruining the Maple Leafs
Good.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
In Best Shape Of Their Career news, Brady Tkachuk put on 22lbs since last year and him being a big piece of poo poo in front of the net will probably be the only watchable part of Sens games this year

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

JoelJoel posted:

Tbf, he's getting 20 mins a night no matter what happens. Everything is fine.

Yup, an anchor around Miro's neck for as long as anyone can forsee.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/1172495144173617152

tryin to figure out how jersey scum is gonna fit the you sucks into these

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
hip hop hooray would be a good goal song

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

a false posted:

:yeah:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

a false posted:

https://twitter.com/hallsy09/status/1171203356733452288

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

a false posted:

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The Dirty Burger posted:

In Best Shape Of Their Career news, Brady Tkachuk put on 22lbs since last year and him being a big piece of poo poo in front of the net will probably be the only watchable part of Sens games this year

Good that Ottawa is playing to their strength.