Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hockey?
This poll is closed.
hockey 0 0%
sure 0 0%
hickey, thomas hickey 0 0%
86 100.00%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Those cumlords at tickemaster won't let you print out your tickets or save them as PDFs so you can send one to a friend or whatever at all any more. Everyone needs to have a ticketmaster account and the app or log on to the mobile site and show up with your greasy-rear end, nigh-unscannable screen in your palm.

What if you're like my old man and you don't have a smart phone? Or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost
My beef is 50% that my old man is disabled and losing his vision, and only just figured out how to use his flip phone. The likelyhood of him getting a smart phone before he dies is slim to none, so he's going to have to shuffle to the pickup window and stand in line to get physical tickets just to get in the building.

The other 50% of my beef is that it's an extra hoop set up solely for collecting data for tracking and marketing purposes, not to prevent you from selling your tickets. You can send your tickets to anyone for free... as long as they have a ticketmaster account...

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Kilza posted:

Also, Oilers tried to go mobile-only with tickets last season but it was such a disaster in the pre-season that they were forced to go back to allowing tickets to be printed out.

I suspect this is also going to happen in Vancouver.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

ThinkTank posted:

For the first time in 50 years that's not actually a terrible idea

please don't do this because while I personally don't have anything against the team many of their fans are a grest embarrassment to the country and the sport

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

heeheex2 posted:

Why canucks, why would you waive baertschi and not schaller. and eriksson gently caress

Sven is good when he's motivated but he's one concussion away from having to wear a helmet when he goes to bed at night