Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hockey?
This poll is closed.
hockey 0 0%
sure 0 0%
hickey, thomas hickey 0 0%
86 100.00%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Nah, you don't have to defend Ticketmaster.

There's no technical reason you can't print a ticket, except on top of extorting you for fees they also want to force you to install their app so they can collect some data. It's them who suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Rotten Cookies posted:

3) Coaches can challenge for any play that should have been whistled dead in the offensive zone that led to a goal. This includes puck-out-of-play, hand passes, and high sticks that didn't directly lead to a goal.

This is awful. The NHL needs less video review for things that happened 30 seconds before the puck goes in the net, not more.

quote:

8) Teams cannot make a line change if they shoot a puck from across center and the goalie covers it. This is like the icing rule, but now means that even if you direct the shot on net, you can't change during the whistle (if the goalie freezes it). The offending team cannot take a timeout, either.

?????????

Thinking about this for two seconds, because the NHL doesn't, if you shoot it on goal and the goalie covers it it will be like icing. So the play, then, if you shoot it on goal, is to hang around the neutral zone so the goaltender is not allowed to cover it. And then the play for the defending team is to take their time regrouping. And then the play for the attacking team is to take their time regrouping as well and maybe get a line change in.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

codo27 posted:

Soccer is garbage and football has about 3 seconds of action spread among a bunch of guys walking around casually like loving recess at school so who cares if there are more delays in that? If the call is wrong, you completely undermine the entire game. Machine is going to be much much more reliable than a human. All the loving poo poo we have today and you dont think they can develop that? Not to mention you take the linesmen off the ice as well then so fewer pucks bouncing off them and impeding play that way as well.

You're all on the "no more delays" side until its your team getting screwed in the playoffs. And no I am not the mythical buffalo sabres fan previously only seen in Bruce Almighty.

vegas deserved to lose :colbert:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

The Flames have never paid a player more than 7m? That can't be right :stare:

Hell the Canucks managed to break 10m in the 90s.

fisting by many fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 25, 2019

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Arivia posted:

On the grand scale of things I don't think drunk and disorderly is actually worth suspending someone over.

The whole thing seems to be inflated by "how dare you disrespect me a female veteran raaaaar" when in the telling Matthews and co were just messing around with what seemed to be an empty security vehicle.

This isn't a homer thing for the Leafs, this is just "this literally doesn't matter" Sure give him a fine and some community service, but don't make this into an actual thing.

e: this is a hell of a snipe

A group of drunken male hockey players harassing a lone woman at 2 in the morning is shittier than that.

I'm not saying literally fire him into the sun but don't sweep it under the rug either.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Arivia posted:

It’s my understanding from what I read that they were messing with what they thought was an empty vehicle, only to find the security guard was actually in it.

And then they didn't exactly apologize and move on. You don't have to make excuses for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Just have to wait for Benning's contract to expire :smithicide: