Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hockey?
This poll is closed.
hockey 0 0%
sure 0 0%
hickey, thomas hickey 0 0%
86 100.00%
Total: 86 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

grack posted:

Apparently Kyle Brodziak's career is over.

https://www.tsn.ca/edmonton-oilers-f-kyle-brodziak-back-won-t-play-again-1.1364893

Congrats Oilers, I guess.

is it because he's allergic to skate polish or something suddenly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gonz posted:

As a Lions fan, I fear that it is my duty to reassure you that hope is a lie and God is dead and the Leafs are the NHL version of the Lions and will never amount to anything, no matter how many times the roster turns over or how many new coaches they hire.

It could be worse, the Leafs could be the Cleveland Browns, whose jerseys double as hair shirts

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

spending like 50% of the cap on 4 guys might tho lol

All forwards at that

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Fateo McMurray posted:

Hey other teams singing Vanek ensures at least one goal any time you play Boston!

The Leafs really could have used that insurance policy, TBH.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

fisting by many posted:

Nah, you don't have to defend Ticketmaster.

There's no technical reason you can't print a ticket, except on top of extorting you for fees they also want to force you to install their app so they can collect some data. It's them who suck.

It's to prevent third-party ticket selling. Except it's really just a fig leaf because Ticketmaster does so much to enable that poo poo in so many other ways, this is just bullshit.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

The Dirty Burger posted:

Didn’t wanna chance him getting an offer sheet next summer that has signing bonuses of any kind

Where would Melnyk go for funding now that his rotating credit at the Mohegan Sun is closed?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The GIF is called refdog.gif it's against the licensing agreement to rename it. Thank you.

Also it's pronounced jif. If you pronounced it giff you're breaking the TOS.

i'm breaking the tos and you can't game misconduct me, internet ref

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Dangle as free space is perfect.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah that's ridiculous, I don't understand how the team doesn't suspend him a game over that. Like, Matthews just thought nobody would find out he'd been charged with a crime?

On the grand scale of things I don't think drunk and disorderly is actually worth suspending someone over.

The whole thing seems to be inflated by "how dare you disrespect me a female veteran raaaaar" when in the telling Matthews and co were just messing around with what seemed to be an empty security vehicle.

This isn't a homer thing for the Leafs, this is just "this literally doesn't matter" Sure give him a fine and some community service, but don't make this into an actual thing.

e: this is a hell of a snipe

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

fisting by many posted:

A group of drunken male hockey players harassing a lone woman at 2 in the morning is shittier than that.

I'm not saying literally fire him into the sun but don't sweep it under the rug either.

It’s my understanding from what I read that they were messing with what they thought was an empty vehicle, only to find the security guard was actually in it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Stop trying to make excuses for him:

Nope, okay, I’m misinformed. I retract my comments. Thank you.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

DJExile posted:

lmao what the hell?

Look, it’s the preseason. You gotta show up. You gotta compete. If you can’t cut the mustard, you’re out.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Jedimastafez posted:

If any of those three shoot right we have this Daniel
Sprong you can have

would you say he has a sprong in his step

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

Is that the end of the preseason? Are the next games... FOR real?

Kind of. Next up is Trial Month, where everything is half real. Trial Month ends with Sweeps Week, where everything is twice as real.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Whoever Kane is, he just got thrown out of an exhibition game against Vegas. Seems like these teams have some bad blood between them.

Evander Kane is a young black man who likes hip-hop culture and plays hockey well.

This pisses off the old white guys who are the hockey media to no end, because hockey is super conservative and the players are supposed to basically be faceless bundles of stats that never step an inch out of line.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

where do the hateful eight fit into this equation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MaoistBanker posted:

https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/1179166390084915201

Somewhere in Ottawa there is a sick little boy or girl that Melnyk is asking for money...

help im crying