Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Blast of Confetti posted:

chicken is not legally required by law to be fried. some very daring.people eat grilled chicken sandwiches!

mods?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
KFC is as usual thinking outside the bun for its new prototype in the chik sand wars

On Tuesday, the fried-chicken chain announced that it was testing its "Chicken and Donuts" menu items for a limited time at more than 40 locations in Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and Pittsburgh.

The options are a basket that pairs chicken on the bone or chicken tenders with one or two doughnuts, and a sandwich with a chicken fillet between two glazed doughnuts.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

A part of me wishes they'd at least slice the glazed donut in half and use that as the bun for the chicken patty. A part of me wants to die

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I have half a roast chicken in the fridge that's about four days old. So I don't waste it, does anyone know a good chicken soup recipe using cooked chcken?

I could eat the soup with crusty rolls, so the net effect would be chicken sandwich-like.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

BigBadSteve posted:

I have half a roast chicken in the fridge that's about four days old. So I don't waste it, does anyone know a good chicken soup recipe using cooked chcken?

I could eat the soup with crusty rolls, so the net effect would be chicken sandwich-like.

Heat up some oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Throw some chopped onions carrots and celery in there. Salt and pepper. Sauté till the veggies just start to soften. Dump some chicken stock or broth in along with the half chicken carcass. Enough liquid to mostly cover. Add seasonings as you like. I use a bay leaf, maybe a pinch of thyme, salt if needed. Bring just to a boil, cover and lower heat to simmer. An hour should be enough to get some flavor out of the skin and bones and soften the veggies all the way though. Remove the carcass and shred the meat, put back in the pot. Give a bit of chicken to the dog and or cat because they’re good boys and girls (after it cools of course!)I like to tear up some spinach into bits and put it in the pot now for some color and extra nutrition, it cooks in the hot soup almost instantly. Bone appletits!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Buy a can of soup and swallow it whole. Don't even open it. Then throw the roast chicken on the floor and get down and eat it like an animal.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

EDIT : So good it needs to be posted twice

biglads fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 17, 2019

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

JK Fresco posted:

KFC is as usual thinking outside the bun for its new prototype in the chik sand wars

On Tuesday, the fried-chicken chain announced that it was testing its "Chicken and Donuts" menu items for a limited time at more than 40 locations in Norfolk and Richmond, Virginia, and Pittsburgh.

The options are a basket that pairs chicken on the bone or chicken tenders with one or two doughnuts, and a sandwich with a chicken fillet between two glazed doughnuts.

In RVA, will trip report if my local is one of the test markets and it doesn't turn into a shitshow like the Popeyes down the road did.

(edit)

Lol I'm not going south of the river, "Richmond" my rear end, Chester is KKKville https://wtvr.com/2019/09/17/kfc-testing-kentucky-fried-chicken-donuts-in-the-richmond-area/

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Sep 17, 2019

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

This is the chicken sandwich at NoMad Bar in Manhattan. It's an awesome bar and I recommend it.

This particular one has some kind of cheese that I forget what it is and is grilled with foie gras between bun. It was pretty good. I regret I found out too late that it had foie gras as I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew.

The real super star is the french fries that have a sort of lemon/citrus hint to them that makes it delicious.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Gatts posted:

This is the chicken sandwich at NoMad Bar in Manhattan. It's an awesome bar and I recommend it.

This particular one has some kind of cheese that I forget what it is and is grilled with foie gras between bun. It was pretty good. I regret I found out too late that it had foie gras as I wouldn't have ordered it if I knew.

The real super star is the french fries that have a sort of lemon/citrus hint to them that makes it delicious.

Foie gras chicken sandwich in Manhattan...$30? Just curious.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Foie gras chicken sandwich in Manhattan...$30? Just curious.

Yeah it's $27 and fries are separate for $10

BURGER
CHICKEN, GRUYERE, FOIE GRAS & BLACK TRUFFLE MAYONNAISE

FRENCH FRIES
WITH HERBS & LEMON

They even have stuff like blowfish fritters.

https://www.thenomadhotel.com/new-york/dining/menus/lunch

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

lol I'd be fuckin' pissed if somebody sold me a chicken sandwich with goddamn foie gras in it and didn't mention it at any point. I'd tweet that poo poo straight to PETA.

edit: oh apparently it says it on the menu? Okay then forget about PETA, you just need to get the gently caress over yourselves.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I didn't order it looking at the menu, they said they had a chicken sandwich and me and my cousin were like "Sure, let's go for a chicken sandwich and fries."

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
In unrelate@ but still insane fast food news

Possibly from the same team that brought you the donut chicken sandwich, i present: The Pizza Hut stuffed Cheez-It Pizza

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Gatts posted:

I didn't order it looking at the menu, they said they had a chicken sandwich and me and my cousin were like "Sure, let's go for a chicken sandwich and fries."

“Let’s go for an $80 dinner consisting of chicken on a bun and fries” feels like hate speech

naem
May 29, 2011

kazr posted:

Smooty chicken

nancy can just suck it

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
I just tried Chicken Boss here in El Paso for the first time. Pretty good actually, although they only offer the mango habanero sauce with the strips and not on the sandwich.

The honey bbq sandwich with hand cut fries tho?
:discourse:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Gatts posted:

BURGER

FRENCH FRIES
WITH HERBS & LEMON

$40 for a chicken sandwich and fries, not even counting the $15 drink? Jesus loving Christ, what a lovely loving deal.

poo poo better come with a line of coke and a hooker.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bring back the KFC Double Down.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Gatts posted:

BURGER

FRENCH FRIES
WITH HERBS & LEMON

Sounds good but I bet you can't eat it while driving like my precious McChickens

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Bring back the KFC Double Down.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

It's NYC so this is implied

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Peruvian Chicken sandwiches from crisp and juicy in the DC AREA are the bomb. gently caress all other chicken.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

RocktheCaulk posted:

Peruvian Chicken sandwiches from crisp and juicy in the DC AREA are the bomb. gently caress all other chicken.

Sounds good but I bet you can't eat it while driving like my precious McChickens

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

King of Bees posted:

Does that count as a real chicken product ?

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

$40 for a chicken sandwich and fries, not even counting the $15 drink? Jesus loving Christ, what a lovely loving deal.

i hope you get to have a "$15 drink" at least once in your lifetime, its a nice experience :)

channel z
Aug 10, 2019

by VideoGames

JK Fresco posted:

In unrelate@ but still insane fast food news

Possibly from the same team that brought you the donut chicken sandwich, i present: The Pizza Hut stuffed Cheez-It Pizza

what hath god wrought

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

RocktheCaulk posted:

Do you guys have Korean style fried chicken places over there?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

No clue, I live in Utah now so people think Chik fil A is exotic and spicy here. We recently got Popeyes as well and I'm surprised the LDS church didn't label it a Restaurant of Ham.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

The DMV area does, yeah.

To actually contribute to chicken chat, we stopped by a Sheetz recently and I ordered a chicken biscuit.

I wasn't expecting anything mind-blowing. It tasted fine, but goddamn, the biscuit to chicken ratio was way off.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Sep 19, 2019

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013
2019: the Year of the Autism

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, we did just have a Korean restrauntaur open a Nashville Style friend chicken place called pretty bird. Ate their once and it's legit the only time I've ordered something spicy in Utah, and actually had it be spicy.

Edit - he's actually Malaysian I'm dumb.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

RocktheCaulk posted:

Wait, we did just have a Korean restrauntaur open a Nashville Style friend chicken place called pretty bird. Ate their once and it's legit the only time I've ordered something spicy in Utah, and actually had it be spicy.

Edit - he's actually Malaysian I'm dumb.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So the Popeye's chicken sandwich was just a short one time thing?

That sucks. Because chik fil a can suck a dick. But they'll give money to people who'll say you can't.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That sucks. Because chik fil a can suck a dick. But they'll give money to people who'll say you can't.

It's supposed to be a permanent addition, but the frenzy was so unexpected that the lack of stock means most places won't have it back until the end of the month or something.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It'll be back after the great chicken culling of 2019.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Penny is right though don't give your money to Chick-Fil-a.

For more then a decade plus their owner has openly and actively discriminated against gays and donated money to political causes that do the same.
Texas passed a law called the 'save chick fil a act' to protect religious private businesses.

Seriously.
gently caress chick fil a.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Or just eat there anyways, all corporations hate you because you are poor. If there were a better spicy chicken sandwich with waffle fries I’d eat there but there isn’t so Chik Fil A gets my money.

- A Queer dude

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Bust Rodd posted:

Or just eat there anyways, all corporations hate you because you are poor. If there were a better spicy chicken sandwich with waffle fries I’d eat there but there isn’t so Chik Fil A gets my money.

- A Queer dude

If you can get past the lack of waffle fries, the Popeye's chicken sandwich is better, at least to me. It's definitely good enough to at least try out when it's not sold out all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

JK Fresco posted:

The current buzzy fancy chicken sandwich shop in NY is Fuku

gently caress! somebody rake that table!