Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

I'm done using computers if this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

roboshit posted:

I'm done using computers if this is true

we will miss you

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
people who assigned the copyright of their software to the fsf must feel pretty silly now

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

The Management posted:

people who assigned the copyright of their software to the fsf must feel pretty silly now

alt take theyll double down on stallman can do no wrong

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Renowned MIT Scientist Defends Epstein: Victims Were ‘Entirely Willing’

MIT Community Horrified by Famed Researcher’s Epstein Outburst

MIT professor says Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre was ‘entirely willing’: report

will someone please call stallman by his proper designation of "moralizing vagabond"

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

doesn't he still live in a janitors closet?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sweevo posted:

doesn't he still live in a janitors closet?

a literal computer janitors closet :holymoley:

animist
Aug 28, 2018
ive seen stallman wearing a blue lives matter t-shirt (???)

he's a foot fungus gremlin

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

animist posted:

ive seen stallman wearing a blue lives matter t-shirt (???)

he's a foot fungus gremlin

was it in the same faded burgundy color he wears?

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

(ALSO: NOT LADIES)

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

weird mixture of feelings that rms ended up the headline in this, when it was triggered by a defense of marvin minsky, who was one of the real greats (Computation: Finite and Infinite Machines still probably the best book written in theoretical cs, Perceptrons in machine learning, and then a bunch of more philosophical ai on top), and up to this reveal a personal hero.

so while the wrong people get famous they also get shamed, but that's doesn't fix that the 'right' people were actually worse.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
Yeah we’ve known rms was against age of consent laws and poo poo like that for a long time, it’s literally on his drat website, OP.

At least he’s finally getting some real pushback on it...

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

The Management posted:

it’s actually gnu/pedophile

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Doc Block posted:

At least he’s finally getting some real pushback on it...

lets be real: nothings going to come of this.

people will just forget and move on to the next thing and rms will keep being... rms

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Stallman believes if he uses a grocery discount card then the gestapo will take him away, but he’ll use other people’s cards

Q: Stallman is in front of you in a grocery line and asks you to be shabbos goy and run your card for him. What do you do

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Gazpacho posted:

Q: Stallman is in front of you in a grocery line and asks you to be shabbos goy and run your card for him. What do you do

finally we've found a justification for self-checkout lanes

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

“sorry u were offended”

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nuke him

pram
Jun 10, 2001
now stallman will think that his opinion is actually important since hes been a big topic of discussion for his bold uncompromising thoughts lol

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

pram posted:

now stallman will think that his opinion is actually important since hes been a big topic of discussion for his bold uncompromising thoughts lol

ah gently caress

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

he's always believed that

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my prediction now is that rms will come out ahead after all this.

not that he deserves it. but people could have just left him to be a forgotten GNU blob but now people are talking about him again and he's going to get name recognition, and folks will be talking about "what he really meant" or something stupid.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
my prediction is that rms will become a gamergate martyred saint

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
yeah i made the mistake of seeing if slashdot was covering it and wow that site somehow has even more chuds than i expected

so my money's on rms becoming an alt-right figurehead in their eternal struggle against anyone that isn't a chud (which is to say an 'SJW')

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

The Management posted:

my prediction is that rms will become a gamergate martyred saint

gently caress i knew there was a shorter way to express my thought

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Lutha Mahtin posted:

he's always believed that
Dam lutha what happen

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Btw the correct answer for the grocery store scenario is to yell YOSPOS BITHC prompting such thunderous applause that Stallman waddles out of the store in embarrassment

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
this probably belongs here but it's a shame it won't be as funny from now on

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

haveblue posted:

he's sailing to the island

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Gazpacho posted:

call the police

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

fritz posted:

he's sailing to the island

CURSED

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

I met rms once and even posted the pics in yospos

he was awful. really loving rude and disgusting physically in every way

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Gentle Autist posted:

I met rms once and even posted the pics in yospos

he was awful. really loving rude and disgusting physically in every way

same. this was around the time yospos started and foot eating was fresh. the best pic i had was him sitting oddly on a table like a kid in kindergarten; i was hoping to get a photo with him but im glad that was avoided (and only because tom collins had a photo with him)

he loved being fawned over by undergrad dudes and it was uncomfortable to be near

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
my uncle works at mozilla

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

haveblue posted:

first cosby, now rms. what ancient yospos meme will be canceled next??

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
not the :chome: guy I hope :ohdear:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
someone’s gonna dox rotor and it’ll turn out he’s really in his late 20s

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Has anyone really cared about what RMS has said or done since the late 80s? To me he has always been they guy who started the thing which inspired the people who inspired the people who actually made the open source things we now use.
He has always been in the background like some kind of god-father figure who everyone assumes is important but no one can tell you what they actually do now. I guess now we know what he does is be creepy and defend creepy/illegal things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Varkk posted:

Has anyone really cared about what RMS has said or done since the late 80s? To me he has always been they guy who started the thing which inspired the people who inspired the people who actually made the open source things we now use.
He has always been in the background like some kind of god-father figure who everyone assumes is important but no one can tell you what they actually do now. I guess now we know what he does is be creepy and defend creepy/illegal things.

linux would have happened entirely without rms. and it would have been better for it.