Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender
I mean, it's not funny, it's not a hot take, and it has no real point. It's just bad.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/johnston-palin-divorce/

It takes three-quarters of the banal article to even get to titty-loving, but even though a cursory search shows that this contributor is obsessed with Palin I am completely unable to find a single loving punchline in the whole boring mess of this page. I guess what I'm saying is that "Levi "HOckey" Johnston" is not funny, stop giving him/her/them/it a podium on which to spew their stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
As gimmick characters on the front page go, Levi is no Leonard Crabs or Jeff K, that's for sure.

The bit about making a business of mass shooting mass shooters was an okay joke though.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

BattleSausage posted:

I mean, it's not funny, it's not a hot take, and it has no real point. It's just bad.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/johnston-palin-divorce/

It takes three-quarters of the banal article to even get to titty-loving, but even though a cursory search shows that this contributor is obsessed with Palin I am completely unable to find a single loving punchline in the whole boring mess of this page. I guess what I'm saying is that "Levi "HOckey" Johnston" is not funny, stop giving him/her/them/it a podium on which to spew their stupid poo poo.

get out of here todd

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I liked it, and appreciate that Levi still has relevance here despite being a punchline like 11 years ago. 11 years? Wow

Missus Dill
May 8, 2007

I will enjoy Levi “HOckey” Johnston articles until the day I die

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I have never read one of them.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

edit:lol i am not a smart boy

Ebeneezer Splooge
Nov 2, 2018
OP should write funny articles for us.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
WHY IS THIS LEVI JOHNSTON GUY SO OBSESSED WITH PALIN, GOSH DARN IT, I WANT ARTICLES ABOUT FARTS AND POOPING, SHARTICLES IF YOU PLEASE

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

bumping this because today's article is really bad and also it sucks that SA is hosting "content" from a wacky and zany web 1.0 domestic abuser

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/flags-matter/

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.
levi used to be so much better and now it's disappointing seeing jokes get lined up shakily and then fall flat. it reads like a weird bastardized mix of old sa humor and a loose understanding of modern humor that comes together as funny and smooth as mixing moonshine and driving. don't mix moonshine and driving.

also why is lowtax now doing articles on the front page

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
the Levi Johnston articles are excellent cause I know multiple dudes online who talk exactly like that, in some kind of stream of consciousness ramble where they casually mention crazy poo poo that's just a backdrop to them. like I know this dude from the hell pits of Alabama who's one of those classic Internet Drug Guys who just gets blasted as gently caress all the time and games but there are also race killings and all kinds of backwoods poo poo happening all the time in the tiny rear end town he lives by. dude just stumbles into my chat log at like 3 AM talking like yoooooooo brooooooo and starts rambling about some poo poo that would give my suburban rear end PTSD

also congratulations on resurrecting this old rear end thread, to shitpost about a bad article there's already a thread for

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Jim Long-un posted:

also congratulations on resurrecting this old rear end thread, to shitpost about a bad article there's already a thread for

who cares

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
I care a lot and now I'm gonna get really mad and post about it!!!!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

same (also i can't really read and didn't see the other thread and i was actually mad about the front page lol)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

congratulations on your commemorative sixer

baconmug
Nov 24, 2016

Is this a problem

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

baconmug posted:

Is this a problem

for comedy purposes, yes

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
A problem for comedy purposes or a purposefully comedy problem

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Daikloktos posted:

A problem for comedy purposes or a purposefully comedy problem

The second thing doesn't make a lot of sense there dai! It is bad if the site funnyman is leaning on shtick which was already played out the first time he did it 20 years ago

Thank You Card
Mar 20, 2007

I'm your only friend.

baconmug posted:

Is this a problem

SA is already somewhat of an internet relic that never caught up and internalizing that you can't leave the world behind, it leaves you behind would probably do some help to appeal to people who aren't barely coherent weird 30+ year olds that think posting "no u" is some serious hilarity

Posthuman
Jan 10, 2005

I give all those dicks and cocks sir
Came here thinking this thread was going to be about this article: https://www.somethingawful.com/news/bolgy-wolgy/

quote:

jfc this article was absolute garbage

What did I miss?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you