Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Lol my incoming flight got delayed by an hour due to some clouds here (ohare) and I missed my flight out of here. No open seats to where I'm headed rest of the day. So I'm stuck here (with my cat) until the morning. I do not have much money. My cat is going to piss his carrier at some point.

What should I do with my night here at ohare? Anyone have any advice? Stories about being stuck in airports to share? I have allll night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

drink a lot

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I quit drinking. Also I do not have a lot of money

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Take your cat out

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
airports usually have a place for animals to piss. simply place your cat on the patch of astroturf in between the restrooms and i'm sure it will calmly do its business and return to its carrier on its own

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Let the cat out dude

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think its unanimous, dude. Let your cat out of the carrier.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Have the cat piss on a passenger that is headed towards your destination city. Maybe that person will just leave and you'll get their spot. Give your cat a treat afterwards for being a good kitty. Maybe do that anyways.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i cant believe the whole carry-on pet thing lmao

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I stopped in the service dog rest area earlier. I opened my carrier, but the smell of dog piss made him not want to venture out. He's doing fine so far.

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?
Bro it's only 3:00. You have at least 14 hours before the next days flights kick off. You could easily leave and go find a hostel or something.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Go home op

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Unfinish3d posted:

Lol my incoming flight got delayed by an hour due to some clouds here (ohare) and I missed my flight out of here. No open seats to where I'm headed rest of the day. So I'm stuck here (with my cat) until the morning. I do not have much money. My cat is going to piss his carrier at some point.

What should I do with my night here at ohare? Anyone have any advice? Stories about being stuck in airports to share? I have allll night

Go bitch at your airline since their delay caused you to miss a flight and calmly ask them to give you a hotel and meal vouchers for the night. They usually have free shuttles to nearby hotels. They will probably accommodate you and if not they’re trash.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hey, allow the threads of insanity consume you

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Just start opening doors.

Spaniard “horrified” after causing 130 flight cancellations at Munich airport
https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/08/28/inenglish/1566985334_688964.html

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
And then blame it on the cat.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Krustic posted:

Go bitch at your airline since their delay caused you to miss a flight and calmly ask them to give you a hotel and meal vouchers for the night. They usually have free shuttles to nearby hotels. They will probably accommodate you and if not they’re trash.

Weather, they’ll tell him to suck balls. Worth a shot though.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Post the cat

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Burt Sexual posted:

Weather, they’ll tell him to suck balls. Worth a shot though.

This. They might hand out a leaflet with a phone number on it who get the 'best' hotel rates.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Buy a book

dk2m
May 6, 2009
ohare sucks, but i’m pretty sure if you find the united terminal there’s like those row benches way the gently caress back there that you can sleep on

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Try to cum in as many restrooms as possible.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
complain to some customer service person. the trick is to not be hostile at all, but be whiny and pathetic as hell. a good line is "like, i know you're just a regular person at their job, but come on this sucks. there isn't any way you can help me out?" and subtly hold a 50 between your fingers kinda like a cigarette.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Go to the airline’s counter (the one past security) and ask for a hotel voucher.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cook and eat your cat

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
pet the cat

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Turn your life into Tom Hanks' critically acclaimed pile of poo poo The Terminal.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

make sure your cat piss can be smelled by the customer service desk

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

or your piss idc I'm not your mom

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

You should still ask the airport people as each flight comes up if there's space. Sometimes people don't show and you'll get lucky. Good luck goon.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
Let the cat out.
Photo-document it's explorations of the concourse here.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just let the cat wander. It'll come back once it gets hungry

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Unfinish3d posted:

I quit drinking. Also I do not have a lot of money

What the gently caress are you doing in an airport then?
Airports are the best place to blow insane amounts of money while drinking.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Two different United services counters remain steadfast in refusing to provide any vouchers, it was the first thing I did

There's a little yoga room here which was empty for awhile. I let Midas out for a bit but he seems more comfortable in the carrier.

Trying to get a picture but my phone's camera only works if it feels like it. Now is not one of those times

itry
Aug 23, 2019

super sweet best pal posted:

Turn your life into Tom Hanks' critically acclaimed pile of poo poo The Terminal.

Dammit :arghfist:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Free the cat imho. Let it cause havoc and delight in it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Get a hotel so kitty can have a half decent night

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
That sucks man. Recently slept on a bench in the Miami airport parking garage for a few hours. Not the greatest experience

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
All you goons telling OP to get a hotel he can't afford should send him a bunch of money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Stand at the United service desk for the entirety of their shift and let out pathetic little whimpers every few minutes in between apologies to your cat.
If they go to make an announcement make sure to do if loud enough that it gets picked up on the intercom.