Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Can someone tell my mom she doesn't have to comment on every instagram post I make? god drat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I haven't flown in a few years but I mostly flew on those cheap roundtrip flights with lots of connections from St. John's, NF to Sacramento or Sacramento to Nashville.

Of all the lovely connections I had, I can safely say the Las Vegas airport was by far the most depressing. It was filthy, had bad lighting and was full of people sleeping in sad huddles everywhere. There were also tons of gambling machines, half of them looked broken or just really gross and dirty. It was just...like a miasma of gross sadness hung over the whole place.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
That was probably before they did the big remodel a decade or so ago, last time I went through McCarren it was pretty nice.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

empty sea posted:

I haven't flown in a few years but I mostly flew on those cheap roundtrip flights with lots of connections from St. John's, NF to Sacramento or Sacramento to Nashville.

Of all the lovely connections I had, I can safely say the Las Vegas airport was by far the most depressing. It was filthy, had bad lighting and was full of people sleeping in sad huddles everywhere. There were also tons of gambling machines, half of them looked broken or just really gross and dirty. It was just...like a miasma of gross sadness hung over the whole place.

I haven't been to vegas in about 15 years but for anyone who hasn't been - the above description was entirely accurate at the time. Also, scuttlebutt was that the airport slots had literally the worst odds of any slot machine in vegas (which are terrible in the first place). This did not stop tons of people from jamming money into them while waiting for a flight.

Maybe it's just because it's my home airport but I rather like DIA. SFO is also pretty nice.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

empty sea posted:

So you're saying that New Vegas was a documentary.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Detroit is the best airport I've been to with a fancy tram system and really cool food and drinks. It's so clean and shiny.

The worst airport ever is a tie between LaGuardia and Atlanta. LaGuardia probably wins out because it feels like a gross dilapidated Greyhound bus station and is perpetually under construction. Also it's impossible to get out of there without a rideshare/taxi. LGA's bus system is the most arcane nonsense. Newark is pretty disgusting too.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 28, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Detroit is the best airport I've been to with a fancy tram system and really cool food and drinks. It's so clean and shiny.

The worst airport ever is a tie between LaGuardia and Atlanta. LaGuardia probably wins out because it feels like a gross dilapidated Greyhound bus station and is perpetually under construction. Also it's impossible to get out of there without a rideshare/taxi. LGA's bus system is the most arcane nonsense. Newark is pretty disgusting too.

Ikr, I continue to wonder how usa’s shittiest city got the best airport.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Detroit just got voted best large airport by travelers. I'd agree but it depends on what terminal you end up in.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my favorite part of laguardia is the bottleneck trying to get out of the baggage claim because they have a person inspecting and matching tickets to baggage before you can leave, which is not a normal thing at any other american airport i can think of. i assume its because before they did that people would just run in off the street and grab random luggage

also love the crappy dust covered "bless our troops" dot matrix light display thats been hanging over the baggage claim area since 2003

that said when i lived in nyc i always preferred lga because it was 10 minutes to my place and getting to jfk was always hosed up. getting to newark often meant 2 hours

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Sep 28, 2019

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Earwicker posted:

that said when i lived in nyc i always preferred lga because it was 10 minutes to my place and getting to jfk was always hosed up. getting to newark often meant 2 hours

Yeah, that's true. Unless the primary part of my trip is visiting family on Long Island (which means I'm probably booking JFK), I'm always going for LGA because it's the only airport close to the city. It tends to be much cheaper than the alternatives too.

Getting to JFK isn't that bad with LIRR/AirTrain though. It just takes forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
late reply but this thread had a lot of posts about :catdrugs: tranquilizers

the kitty tranqs that a vet will give you for travel are just benadryl. ie the same thing in most 'PM' drugs as a sleep aid for people, but a tiny dose. it's super effective on cats because they can't clear it from their system so they stay all groggy and sleepy for a whole day.

bogarting your cat's tranqs would be pretty disappointing