Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

C'mon guys, when has an morally challenged and unsupervised self taught "scientist" ever did anything wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hey no those guys were dumb idiots. I will be the one to harness the power of literal evil correctly.

Thanks for the LP. Fell seal is a good game, with some genuine good points, and some design decisions that stop it from being as good as it should be.
Though the worst thing you can say about is that it doesn't advance or innovate on the genre in any way, its quite a safe game in that respect.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Dark energy + human life = immense pain, but also immortality.

This pain can be mitigated somewhat by diffusing the dark energy into multiple people.

Ergo, the more people you give it to, the more people you make immortal, the less pain everyone feels...

Win-win, baby!

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
Sure, let's make a large population of bored immortals who believe themselves above petty human morality. What could possibly go wrong? :eng101:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Though the worst thing you can say about is that it doesn't advance or innovate on the genre in any way, its quite a safe game in that respect.

Sure, but it's not a genre with a tremendous amount of representation, so having an entry that's just very solidly put together is actually pretty great. Thanks OOrochi for showing this one off.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Just a lurker saying thanks for the LP.

Not ever a game (type) I would enjoy playing, but you made it nice and easy to follow along.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Im sad Mongo wasn't with you at the end. Bravely slashing demons wearing only his underoos.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I would say adding difficulty settings to everything and the way the game handles items are definitely positive innovations in this genre.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Veryslightlymad posted:

I would say adding difficulty settings to everything and the way the game handles items are definitely positive innovations in this genre.

I consider the Tuneable difficulty a positive innovation in games but not of the genre, but I will concede on the items.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

DLC store page is up.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Ha wow, my prediction of the DLC coming out right after I finish wasn't too far off.

Now I'm going to have to play through it again to try the new stuff out.

SnowFire
Nov 12, 2010
Neat stuff. Fell Seal is a great game, should be interesting to see what the DLC adds.

In belated replies - for the Ancient Tomb, while grabbing a bunch of high Jump / Flying characters and charging the boss is the AWESOME way to win the map, I'm not sure I'd call it the easiest. You start on your own personal sniper's parapet and should have received 2x range 10 Infinity guns by now, and probably crafted a 6-range Dominance bow as well. Mages with Lay Waste (Sorcerer skillset) can serve as the magical artillery. You can just turn the place into a shooting gallery and there's very little any of the enemies can do about, aside from the Arpia who can Skyjack a character inconveniently perhaps. Note that Gunner's passive of Height Advantage is basically guaranteed to be operating at full blast here, adding a nice bonus to damage. Yes, you won't plug up the reinforcements if you stay put - but what are the reinforcements going to do, take 7 turns to slowly walk up the stairs toward you? It's cowardly and slower, but effective and safe.

As far as Mummified hype goes, I think the main place to actually use it is in a New Game+. This is more than, say, FF5 Advance Necromancer at least as far as last-second job options go.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The devs have accounted for the stay up and rain hell strategy, because on a replay of the map it may start you off in the bottom area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
DLC's out now:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/...0your%20forces.