Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

OOrochi posted:

You're welcome!

While it wasn't as much a factor in this fight (mostly because only the Duelist had the regular revive spell), I had a few other attempts where Menders showed up in the backline and controlling what they could revive was absolutely crucial. Whether through zombies or the special kill abilities just depends on what you had available.

I only realized I could do it after a gunner in an offscreen patrol obliterated Bobby with 2 consecutive crits. It feels surprisingly powerful, especially with some crit boosting abilities.

And I'm really looking forward to it too! The new class they showed off and the monster variants look awesome!

Thanks! This attempt definitely had a healthy dose of luck involved, but it was still a lot of fun figuring out how to play when most enemies could 1-2 shot most of my people

Oh, yeah. So far one of my favorite combos is a Dual Wielding Gunner with a War Mage secondary--two hits and a spell on top. Consistently one of my hardest hitters--the other being a Dual Wielding mace-using warmage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

CVE posted:

Dual-Wield Warmages are scary. One of my favourite combos outside of it was the Boon Sniper. Having a guaranteed crit on a Sniper Shot means death for pretty much anyone outside of certain passive abilities. Downside is high maintenance with having to supply him with MP and get rid of root to keep the Boon chain going.

My favorite combo, I think, is a Dual Wielding War Mage using Dual Blood Axes, they aren't the hardest hitting weapons, attack power of only 80, with a hefty defense penalty of -21, but they are very, very good--100% of attack damage is returned as health--I believe OOrochi should be able to craft those? It was either right after the aquaduct or the map after it that I crafted them, but basically, a War Mage that can dual wield those, with Leech Mana and Counterattack, which thanks to the axes will pretty much return most of the health after any attack in melee range, is pretty much fully self sustaining

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Straight White Shark posted:

This LP motivated me to pick this up for Switch. God drat, this is a good loving game. Story is serviceable but the gameplay blows FFT/Tactics Ogre out of the water.

I dunno about blowing them out of the water--especially the Tactics Ogre Remake (I think that one might handle classes/class levels better) but it is definitely on the same level.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

JustJeff88 posted:

Whenever traps are mentioned in this LP, I immediately think of FFTA2. Those and Reverse-Potion hijinks are the two things that I remember best from Solumin's LP.

Blowing two of the greatest SRPGs ever out of the water is the heights of hyperbole, but I do feel bad sometimes for Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. There's an LP of it on the forum that's currently in the end game, and it's given me a whole new appreciation for the care and craftsmanship and storytelling that was put into that game and its translation. The reason that I feel bad for it is that, in my opinion, it's better than FFT (which is also a superb game) but never gets nearly the credit it deserves because it doesn't have the Final Fantasy name (which was totally tacked onto FFT to begin with) and came out exclusively on a system that never got over outside of Japan while FFT was on a system that was wildly popular worldwide. I don't expect that there will ever be another release of LUCT, but I wish that there would be.

I feel bad for TO because when it first came out in America on the PS1, it was derided as a ripoff of FFT--when they were in fact made by mostly the same people, and TO *came out first* and is largely the reason FFT happened.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
That was the only fight that I had to do over a couple of times... mostly because I tended not to use Kyrie on random fights and she was thusly pretty underleveled and a big target.

Oof.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
I did not know that about the autocrossbow. Clever!

I don't know if it's better than Infused+Dual Wield+Gun, but if they take that option out, autocrossbow will probably be my goto to replace it.

Edit: Wait, you can dual wield crossbows? I thought they were 2-hand weapons.

Edit 2: Yeah, I just double checked, cannot dual wield crossbows, even with Sturdy Grip.

DMW45 fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

WarpedLichen posted:

That reveal definitely need to be foreshadowed a bit more, that felt sloppy.

Yeah, this does feel like a misstep in the story.