Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Name: Junpei
Appearance: Pale skin, black hair, green eyes. Clothing a black with red hints.
Role: A fast physical class. If there's anything like Ninja, Assassin, Rogue, Phantom Thief, stuff like that. I don't mind being ranged, so Archer or Sniper or Gunman works, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

SSNeoman posted:

what the gently caress???

Of all things I was expecting, a reference to Black goddamn Sigil was not one of them. Who the hell even remembered that game? It was buggy as hell and an absolute slog to play through. I also don't quite understand why Kairu is so chipper, he was a lot more serious in BS:BotE on account of the harassment he received while growing up due to never developing magic. He wasn't ever angsty, but he wasn't like...this.

The entire side quest might be a reference to BS itself where the game had a nasty mechanic where Kairu's curse manifested as random negative status effects in the beginning of fights. Kairu also doesn't have magic so that just leaves his physical skills, making him the party's weakest link for literally most of the loving game. Did I mention that the random encounter rate in that game was infamously high and terrible? Yeah.

BS also has my pic for one of the most dickish dungeons on this side of Atlus, purely due to how spiteful it was.

Thank you for explaining what this was a reference to

I've heard of Black Sigil before, but never in-depth.

I thought this was a reference to a previous game by the dev team or something.