Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tunicate posted:

One of the problems with knowing about will o' wisps is that there's so little undisturbed swampland left it's hard to study, and we need to rely upon a lot of historical accounts

This is the most disappointing 1800s scientist I've ever seen. Several mentions of "viscous moisture" but nothing about how it tasted? Dude, no one is going to take you seriously as a scientist if you don't lick random things in a flammable swamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

He's 8 feet tall, so they could have called him the Van Meter Giant.

He has a horn and leathery wings, so they could have called him the Van Meter Devil.

But no, actually visiting Iowa was the most inexplicable thing about him, so he's The Van Meter Visitor.

I must say, I don't care for the hospitality there. Shooting at visitors is p rude.

For all they know it could have been an angel delivering a message from god, but before he can get through the "Be not afraid" spiel they are trying to shoot him full of lead. Rude.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

True, good points (except for feathers, dinosaurs having feathers was Satan's true archeological hoax :colbert:)

Okay but what about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dcQO6Zb8Eg

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OutOfPrint posted:

This brings up a very good point. If ghosts exist, where are the dinosaur ghosts? Let's get all Harry Dresden and get some spooky dead dinos running around our cities.

Dinosaurs are really chill and almost never die with 'unfinished business' tying them down. Duh.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

sitnalisa posted:

Written next to the picture of his wife we have ḥmt.f, 'his wife', where ḥmt is represented by a well with water in it. Because a vagina is like a well with water in it you see, and then /t/ so you know it’s not a real well but a sign ending in t, and a horned viper, the letter f, which is here a suffix meaning ‘his’. Unfortunately there is also a letter y in the form of a couple of reeds sitting in the middle, which have been scratched out, and I have no idea what they are doing there. It may be explained in a lesson I haven’t got to.

Then a man with his hand to his mouth. It’s a determinative for ‘eat’, but it also develops to be one for ‘enjoy’, ‘feel’, and is used in the word 𓌻𓂋𓀁, ‘love’, so I choose to believe it means ‘beloved’. And her name, Ti. Probably.

It sounds like eat/enjoy could also mean fat. His fat wife. :newlol: But sure, beloved.