Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Tunicate posted:

One of the problems with knowing about will o' wisps is that there's so little undisturbed swampland left it's hard to study, and we need to rely upon a lot of historical accounts

If you like historical accounts of weird stuff, then the Handbook of Unusual Natural Phenomena by William Corliss is for you! All sorts of ball lightning, strange lights, clouds, rainbows, showers of fish, star jelly, etc. Plenty of diagrams too.

One of the cool things about the book is that some of the things that it describes as being very rare have actually been photographed and taped now, so you can get on Youtube and watch videos of ice circles, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Or the bears with mange that look super weird and creepy?

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Wasabi the J posted:

There's another book i remember excerpts from that had had a lady wearing a toilet seat and there was an explanation of how it must've been a ceremonial head dress.

Motel of the Mysteries

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

WITCHCRAFT posted:

In the tent, we had a deck of cards, paper and pencil, picture ID book of North American flora and fauna, and the freshest issue of Weekly World News snagged at the grocery store before we left town to camp. My brothers and I would fight over who got to read it first. We all knew it was goofy fringe science bunk, but it was lovably absurd. My dad would read it too and at breakfast the next day we would all discuss the possibilities and impracticalities of Bat Boy's existence, etc.

Y'all should have a movie night and watch Bat Boy the Musical. The whole thing is on youtube.