Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i have nothing new to add unfortunately, but one of my past favorites is the voynich manuscript. the voynich manuscript is a book dated to the 15th century that uses an unknown writing system. no one has really deciphered it, but even this year people have claimed they have.

from the wiki article:

In 2019, the journal Romance Studies published a paper by Gerard Cheshire titled "The Language and Writing System of MS408 (Voynich) Explained". Cheshire, a biology research assistant at the University of Bristol, claimed to have deciphered the manuscript in two weeks using a combination of "lateral thinking and ingenuity." He suggested that the manuscript is "a compendium of information on herbal remedies, therapeutic bathing and astrological readings”, with a focus on female physical and mental health, reproduction, and parenting; and that the manuscript is the only known text written in proto-Romance. He said: "The manuscript was compiled by Dominican nuns as a source of reference for Maria of Castile, Queen of Aragon." However, experts in medieval documents disputed this interpretation vigorously, with the executive editor of Medieval Academy of America Lisa Fagin Davis denouncing the paper as "just more aspirational, circular, self-fulfilling nonsense".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

getting stoned to do bone

just want you to know that this made me lol

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i binged hellier season 1 recently and i am so mad at this thread. it was a great big nothing. they didnt even try to fake compelling evidence! it was however an interesting look into the particular delusions these people have. ok maybe i would have liked it more if they would have made it much much shorter.