Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So she gave a cop a false name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Since it's a canadian cop, she'll only be figuratively buried for antagonizing him.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Aphrodite posted:

So she gave a cop a false name?

Seriously. I'll give this amount to it not being a work, she probably got pulled over, but that dude was 100% in on the video portion.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

Since it's a canadian cop, she'll only be figuratively buried for antagonizing him.

Yes, but mostly because she isn't Indigenous

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I hope Mysterio wins because I want Mysterio/Rollins. I said in the PPV thread that in two weeks we'd get Rollins/Roode so maybe this is how we get to that. Smart of them to showcase the belt like it means something for loving once on their "season premere".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mysterio vs Seth would definitely be cool. I'm still sad we didn't get Rey Andrade being a smug piece of poo poo towards Mysterio though.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jerusalem posted:

Mysterio vs Seth would definitely be cool. I'm still sad we didn't get Rey Andrade being a smug piece of poo poo towards Mysterio though.

wwe is not allowed to do anything fun with andrade, i dont know who made this rule but it certainly must exist, because he is absolutely not used nearly enough for how loving good he is at ALL of it

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Just noticed that Friday on Fox at 8pm they have a “WWE Smackdown‘s Greatest Hits” for 1 hour

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Grem posted:

Seriously. I'll give this amount to it not being a work, she probably got pulled over, but that dude was 100% in on the video portion.

She could have legit got a ticket and while making small talk convinced the officer to do the video afterwards.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Astro7x posted:

Just noticed that Friday on Fox at 8pm they have a “WWE Smackdown‘s Greatest Hits” for 1 hour

latest date for a clip, 2003?

a coworker of mine has a wolfpac shirt and we talked wrestling but he said he stopped watching when eddie died (which, fair) and a few coworkers talked about poo poo for a minute, but all from, like, forever ago.

ive been trying to relate my joey janela story but only one guy actually knew who i was talking abt because he's as big a loving nerd as i am.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Tokamak posted:

She could have legit got a ticket and while making small talk convinced the officer to do the video afterwards.

That's 100% what happened.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
we'll never know if its real or not since if its a work i doubt lacey will cop to it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It seems in line for Lacey to think being mean to a cop, those beloved members of society, will generate heel heat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

It seems in line for Lacey to think being mean to a cop, those beloved members of society, will generate heel heat.

It will not surprise you to learn Lacey was a troopcop.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Oh we’re definitely getting Rollins/Roode put of that match. He sticks out like a sore thumb and all the other competitors have had little to no interaction with Seth outside of maybe AJ.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Seeing that Lacey video I would like to once again thank the person who bought me my avatar

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fatherofmustard posted:

How can you have a season premiere for a show that's on every week?

This week is "premiere week" for the broadcast networks and most of the cable channels, as they've burned off their summer programming and today is the first day of autumn. WWE is just trying to be a part of that.

Or, as LividLiquid said, it's marketing bullshit.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://twitter.com/TheMAURYShow/status/1176164319479750657

I remember they had Dr. Phil on RAW like five years ago and he was great, or maybe he was insanely bad, it's all a slurry

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If they let Rusev do one of those deadbeat dad Maury pre-taped promos then that alone will be worth it

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Fat Lowtax posted:

https://twitter.com/TheMAURYShow/status/1176164319479750657

I remember they had Dr. Phil on RAW like five years ago and he was great, or maybe he was insanely bad, it's all a slurry

Finally, the coveted mainstream recognition is here.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So sophisticated

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

They should get Steve Wilkos instead.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

fatherofmustard posted:

They should get Steve Wilkos instead.

They should wait till the baby is born and test the paternity thats what maury is all about anyway i dont think ive ever seen an episode where they arent doing DNA tests, Wilkos best case is you get a lie detector. Also i just wanna point out that at the raw at the garden they advertised maury and wilkos before the show, i think i posted a pic so if you really want steve there is still hope

https://twitter.com/rvd42387/status/1171208745336135680?s=20

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I thought Maury got cancelled in like 2005 or something.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

I thought Maury got cancelled in like 2005 or something.

Might be a joke but 2000 is when maury moved from being on a set network to being completely in syndication as far as i know prior to that it was on USA first and dropped into syndication afterwards

Also if you are being legitimate with your comment you might be thinking of when he got dropped from msnbc in like 2006 cuz his show with connie chung performed like garbage

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Grem posted:

Lol. Of course, not only did she admit to this, but she snuck in a "I used to be an LEO and if you ever disrespect one you deserve whatever you get." I'm presuming she means shot or beaten.

https://twitter.com/LaceyEvansWWE/status/1176155726340689920?s=20

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Bah, what a coward.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Don't forget that Lacey got really mad over people kneeling for the anthem as well, and when called out about it, she called everyone a bunch of snowflakes.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

If they let Rusev do one of those deadbeat dad Maury pre-taped promos then that alone will be worth it

lol this would own

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I thought Lacey meant Leo as in the astrological sign.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lacey Evans can gently caress right off.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

if you are going to work the marks or something don't wimp out when you get the slightest amount of pushback

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Andrast posted:

if you are going to work the marks or something don't wimp out when you get the slightest amount of pushback

To be fair, that video got more than 2 million views and people are real touchy when it comes to respecting cops so she probably got a little more than she bargained for. I'm actually kinda curious now if they'll address it on TV in some way, since they have in the past for stuff that got far less exposure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Lol. Of course, not only did she admit to this, but she snuck in a "I used to be an LEO and if you ever disrespect one you deserve whatever you get." I'm presuming she means shot or beaten.

Hey, that's cool. Its just a WWE wrestler saying "I was rude to a traffic cop for fun, but if you do that for real you deserve to die."

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's loving wild that the same people who argue that they need guns to protect them from a corrupt government loving *fetishize* cops and soldiers.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

She was probably startled by people actually paying attention to her

But really:

LividLiquid posted:

Lacey Evans can gently caress right off.
is 100% correct

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

loving wrestlers today can’t handle being beat up by the public.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

lmao lacey loving sucks so loving much ugh

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
On the other hand, she is really well liked by WWE backstage personnel so it's really kind of a wash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lot of people trashing Ms. Evans here but which one is a featured player in the longest running North American weekly episodic tv show in history?